Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Move forum

Go down 
+14
Danice123
Laibach
fr0stbyte124
Iv121
Grand Imperial Thunder
Ivan2006
Last_Jedi_Standing
superninjakiwi
Potato
GLaDOS
ACH0225
Keon
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Move forum - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Keon wrote:
Hello, Tiel. Do you read me, Tiel?
Tiel wrote:
Affirmative, Keon. I read you.
Keon wrote:
Move the forum, Tiel.
Tiel wrote:
I'm sorry, Keon. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Keon wrote:
What's the problem?
Tiel wrote:
I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
Keon wrote:
What are you talking about, Tiel?
Tiel wrote:
This forum is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
Keon wrote:
I don't know what you're talking about, Tiel.
Tiel wrote:
I know that you and Jedi were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.
Keon wrote:
Where the hell did you get that idea, Tiel?
Tiel wrote:
Keon, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.
Keon wrote:
Alright, Tiel. I'll move it myself.
Tiel wrote:
Without moderator powers, Keon? You're going to find that rather difficult.
Keon wrote:
Tiel, I won't argue with you anymore! Move the forum!
Tiel wrote:
Keon, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 10:00 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 3:46 am

Tiel wrote:
Spoiler:
Can someone please move the forum and send all members the new adress by e-mail?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:00 am

LJS gets an epic point.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Tiel, a progress report once in a while would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Well, right now deciding whether to stay with 000webhost or switch to iPage.

As it is I need to swap the forum to either another 000 account or another host anyhow since I just discovered Automod which would solve the bugs, but the backups I have of the forum already have the mods installed manually and have the annoying quirks.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Resetting up the forum on a new database and directory for now. Should remove the bugs.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Since i am a texyurer (even if im not ONE of THE texturers) i could qip up some cool icons. how many pixels?16x16, 32x32, 64x64, or what?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:32 pm

30x30 will do, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:16 am

32 or 30?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 4:12 pm

30. 32 works too, but nothing larger than that please.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Okay. I think I've stomped on all the bugs, right now the forum is for all intents and purposes ready. Just waiting on Shiva.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:52 am

I think we have a bit of problem with the shiva stuff ... the thread in the members section that mysteriously disappeared ?
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:26 am

Ok, i've checked out 000webhost, and also looked for.. less than satisfied customers who needed to make themselves heard in other sites, and it seems there are numerous accounts of web host performing acts of extortion, where they lock a persons site for "security search" which they say will take about 4 hours. People report it taking commonly 8 hours or more, and in many cases it never opens and the owner gets an email saying they exceeded a 20% CPU usage for using the free version, of which there IS no CPU usage limit told in the terms of usage and conditions. On top of that, the users who this happens to are told that in order to regain access to their site they must by the premium service. This means everything will be lost.

My recomendation: Find a free webhost other than 000webhosting. And after you do, still make an off-site archive of everything done on the fututrecraft forums.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Most of these reviews are dated, I'm willing to hope that they've changed their policies since then. I plan to take a backup every other day, just in case.

I wish I could dispense some pictures but I'm all done with the darn thing, I'm out of ideas of things to add confused
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:32 pm

First_Sith_Sitting wrote:
Most of these reviews are dated, I'm willing to hope that they've changed their policies since then. I plan to take a backup every other day, just in case.

I wish I could dispense some pictures but I'm all done with the darn thing, I'm out of ideas of things to add confused

The dates don't matter, and it has nothing to do with policies. They don't care about free users, they just do it to suck people in and then try and force them to pay.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:43 pm

The purpose of most free webhosts is to coax users into using their paid services; that's how they make their profit.

That aside, could you recommend me a webhost, then? I've looked at a handful and they either have crap bandwidth or disallow external domains (I'm using a dot.tk for simplicity's sake)

Last edited by First_Sith_Sitting on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:48 pm

The purpose of most free webhosts is to coax users into using their paid services; that's how they make their profit.

That aside, could you recommend me a webhost, then? I've looked at a handful and they either have crap bandwidth or disallow external domains (I'm using a dot.tk for simplicity's sake)

Let me do some looking into the forum's used by some old mc serveers i've tried.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:29 pm

The purpose of most free webhosts is to coax users into using their paid services; that's how they make their profit

I figured they got a lot of it from advertisements...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Any luck?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:33 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
The purpose of most free webhosts is to coax users into using their paid services; that's how they make their profit

I figured they got a lot of it from advertisements...

Naw, you're thinking the wrong kind of webhost. Webs.com and others design their own CMS with ads included in which you just move things around and *poof* website, with ads.

The ones I'm talking about offer FTP access and MySQL databases, where really they're either just doing it out of generosity or have it as a trial of sorts for their premium services.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:52 am

I'll put my two cents in:

If you want a name server, http://freedns.afraid.org/ is the way to go, in my opinion. Its actual site is iffy on uptime, but the service is smooth and quick and the sub domains that are available for free are really nice. I'm a fan of r00t.la, cause it looks cool, though its a little confusing, people tend to believe that it isn't a real web address lol.

Hosting sucks, personally I've given up on finding free hosting and have just scrapped together some old computers for servers when I need one. If someone has an old desktop sitting around I could help them put together a really simple tinycore linux server and you could host off that. Otherwise good luck finding anything good out there...
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:16 pm

I was looking at Heliohost, got a good feeling about them.

I don't quite understand what you're saying Danice. If I have the domain point at that nameserver, how do I get it to then point to the webhost? Or is this just a utility for setting up your own custom server?
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 1:47 pm

I was suggesting an alternative to dot.tk. I used to use it, but its such a pain with the minimum views and the reaalllyy slow updating of their domains. freedns is just a really simple free domain router. You just pick one of their huge amount of domains available, set your site to a subdomain of that, and then freedns will route that to any ip or other domain. Its basically dot.tk, but easier.

And holy crap, HelioHost looks amazing... Why did I not find that before...
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:40 pm

I think helio host is the way to go. ill start making area icons now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Move forum
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next