Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Power System Layout

Go down 
+15
xanex21
Buggy1997123
tonyri
Grand Imperial Thunder
fr0stbyte124
Keon
Shiva
Laibach
The Schmetterling
GroundBurg_Coder13
Beaner
ectrimble20
Pat Best
GLaDOS
Danice123
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

Power System Layout - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power System Layout   Power System Layout - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Keon wrote:
tonyri wrote:
Keon wrote:
tonyri wrote:
I'm going to need to know what other machines and engines we will be using for the mod so that I can set values. If someone can start posting different engines and parts, I can try and see what the values would be.

Shipyard Core, would take power.
What would this do?

It would build ships from schematic files, using resources provided in a chest.

Think about the dreadnoughts though! If you want to build a dreadnought with the shpyrd core and it was taking materials from chests, HOW MANY CHESTS WOULD YOU NEED! The sheer number of BLOCKS a dreadnought takes to build is too big to fit in chests. affraid This could of course be solved if an auto-miner or something of the sort were added to the mod. How many of those though would it take, and dow long? I would rather build it with my bare hands! I'm working on a dreadnoght design right now in my singleplayer flat land btw. I will be uploading pics soon in the ship design forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Power System Layout   Power System Layout - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:48 pm

the shipyards are for mass production, you have to build it by hand first, I think

there might be an MCedit type thing later though
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Power System Layout   Power System Layout - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Kobialka wrote:
Keon wrote:
tonyri wrote:
Keon wrote:
tonyri wrote:
I'm going to need to know what other machines and engines we will be using for the mod so that I can set values. If someone can start posting different engines and parts, I can try and see what the values would be.

Shipyard Core, would take power.
What would this do?

It would build ships from schematic files, using resources provided in a chest.

Think about the dreadnoughts though! If you want to build a dreadnought with the shpyrd core and it was taking materials from chests, HOW MANY CHESTS WOULD YOU NEED! The sheer number of BLOCKS a dreadnought takes to build is too big to fit in chests. affraid This could of course be solved if an auto-miner or something of the sort were added to the mod. How many of those though would it take, and dow long? I would rather build it with my bare hands!

Perhaps make an input slot in the station core, that builds the ship as resources are added? In other words, it could use instantaneous resources, but when it runs out it will temporarily stop and build again when more are added.

Also, are there going to be multi-block construct reactors? Maybe something like this model Tokamak fusion reactor I made for my ships:

Spoiler:
EDIT: sorry for URL only, embed isn't working how I want it to and I'm too lazy to fix it...
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Power System Layout   Power System Layout - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Danice123 wrote:
True but the problem becomes when energy moves so fast within the network, coal that produces 100 watts at 10 watts a tick is used up in half a second. So the numbers become huge really quickly. But then again large numbers are cool... It really doesn't effect the system as much as the display of the system to the user, and we can tweak that if its really necessary.

Also for unit, how about kveys? kveykva = lightning in the AL. Haha

Maybe I should arm the Wyrda with a kveykva cannon and go find Alagaësia and give the Riders a ZPM and a dreadnought and watch them do something epic with it.
Spoiler:

Last edited by ZeoNet on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Power System Layout   Power System Layout - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:34 pm

Why is this a sticky?
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Power System Layout   Power System Layout - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Why not?
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Power System Layout   Power System Layout - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 4:40 pm

ZeoNet wrote:
Danice123 wrote:
True but the problem becomes when energy moves so fast within the network, coal that produces 100 watts at 10 watts a tick is used up in half a second. So the numbers become huge really quickly. But then again large numbers are cool... It really doesn't effect the system as much as the display of the system to the user, and we can tweak that if its really necessary.

Maybe I should arm the Wyrda with a kveykva cannon and go find Alagaësia and give the Riders a ZPM and a dreadnought and watch them do something epic with it.
Spoiler:

Then they will see you coming and use the Eldunari to crash your ship.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Power System Layout   Power System Layout - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:28 pm

GLaDOS wrote:
ZeoNet wrote:
Danice123 wrote:
Huge gigantic dragons.

Spoiler:

Then they will see you coming and use the Eldunari to crash your ship.

Not if i have an anti-Eldunarì jammer pod, worth 30,000,000 crowns.

On topic, what is the official unit of power going to be? Seriously, I think we should define how many watts are equal to a kvey, then define the amount of energy that basic electrical components consume, then go from there.

EDIT: If my anti-Eldunarì jamming pod happens to fail, I can just ram the Wyrda into Ellesméra (or Farthen Dur, depending on which is closer) and eject. That's what Wheatley would do.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Power System Layout   Power System Layout - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:42 pm

The Riders have a different home. Plus the elves combined would have enough power to stop your ship, if you count Arya and Firnen.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Power System Layout   Power System Layout - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:16 pm

The Eldunarì are gone. All the elves could not stop a giant ship going at max speed, at least without draining life from the forest, which they would not like to do.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Power System Layout   Power System Layout - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:04 pm

I've found our power generator! Buttered Cat Paradox
Who said I was going to try to destroy the Riders? I'm fine with obliterating the dwarves' greatest city..
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Power System Layout   Power System Layout - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Zeonet, I have already suggested that power instead of the ZPM. Find another paradox power generator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power System Layout   Power System Layout - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power System Layout
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4