Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The Dedicated Argument Thread

Go down 
+21
fr0stbyte124
Joel
ACH0225
Hierarch Fenway
NeueSlowenischeKunst
LaibachKunst
MercurySteam
Tau
Keon
Laibach
Luna
MrTargareyan
Last_Jedi_Standing
Delta
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Lightspeed
Pat Best
Caramell
Groot
Commander Error
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:45 am

It just doesn't work like that, though if you think about it your best way to start an argument would be to suggest something for the mod that won't make sense and thn enjoy the fireworks, or even if it does make sense ...
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:22 am

Daynel wrote:
Okay, I didn't want to do this, but since not even religion or politics has started a heated argument yet, let's talk about...
*starts grinning*
Ponies...
You didn't...

Very well.

*Walks to the far side of the room and draw a line going down half of it.*

I like the show. It may not be the best of animations, but it's not the worst. And some other reasons I'm too tired to think of at the moment. I also like the fanart and some of the fanfics. *insert more reasons.*
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:29 am

Well replace MLP with anything else in your sentence and you will get just any other animated show so that is not the reason why there are bronies out there ...
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:44 am

Iv121 wrote:
Well replace MLP with anything else in your sentence and you will get just any other animated show so that is not the reason why there are bronies out there ...
I was more referring to reasons I like the show... I can't speak for everyone, nor will I. Give me another show and I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:50 am

I dunno Im not that good with it, I was referring to the mystery why that show created a cult of bronies, out of all possible shows.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 10:47 am

Daynel wrote:
Okay, I didn't want to do this, but since not even religion or politics has started a heated argument yet, let's talk about...
*starts grinning*
Ponies...
The show isn't horrific, but the fanbase is very good at pissing me off.

However the bronies here aren't as bad as ones I've met elsewhere, none of you have sent me any death threats yet...

Yet...
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 11:20 am

Prototype wrote:
Daynel wrote:
*starts grinning*
Ponies...
The show isn't horrific, but the fanbase is very good at pissing me off.

However the bronies here aren't as bad as ones I've met elsewhere, none of you have sent me any death threats yet...

Yet...
Hahah, yes they have.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 11:24 am

I've only received one death threat while I've been here, and I'm still waiting to get my kidneys back.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 11:25 am

Luna wrote:
This is a bad idea, lets get started. I think god isn't real and religion is a bad idea. discuss.
The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 CIvgv
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 11:37 am

E: Delete this+ the quote in Laibach's post(If possible.)

EE:Also I think I'll leave for a few weeks/months.

Last edited by Solar112 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 11:39 am

Solar112 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
I dunno Im not that good with it, I was referring to the mystery why that show created a cult of bronies, out of all possible shows.
That I have no idea. I mean... I shouldn't like it... That's just not... me... or at least was not me...

Conspiracy: MLP HAS SUBLIMINAL MESSAGING. Discuss.
--------------------------------------

JEDIT: That wasn't appropriate, CMA.

KEDDIT:What did he say?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Laibach wrote:
Solar112 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
That I have no idea. I mean... I shouldn't like it... That's just not... me... or at least was not me...

I believe it was a bad idea making this thread.
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Laibach wrote:
Solar112 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

Oh, you believe?
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Hey, if you don't like what's being said, don't read it.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 4:54 pm

Iv121 wrote:
I read an interesting article on this recently. I don't have the link, only the distilled information and my own conjecture.

Please keep a handle on your offended selves.

[conjecture]
Bronys started on 4chan. That's indisputable. From some accounts, it started with a few 'eccentric persons' who like little girls shows giving reviews. Due to the strange nature of 4chan, it spread on /b/ and the cartoons area. Now, with 4chan as a 'spawning ground' for internet culture and cancer, it spread, but the spread was fairly limited because the subject was a TV show for young girls involving ponies. This brewed on 4chan for a month or two before it started spreading. This was also combined with some unholy surge in New Sincerity movements, giving people the ability to break down well defined gender roles. This breakdown of the gender role system should have been contained in 4chan, but that's when the technically-able amongst the bronies stepped in. Producing the flood of.... 'content' we see today, they drummed up interest for the movement with memes and fan 'content' that, through some dark arts, broke into the general internet streams. Whereas before the fan base had remained among the 4chan hipster/hipsterish groupings, the surge in fan 'content' garnered some mainstream support and also the non-4chan hipsters. This movement has progressed beyond this stage, and now approaches dangerous levels on the internet, with by my guess almost 4% population of bronies[/conjecture]

Helpful link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Sincerity

Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Well helpful insight into brony history, though doesn’t answer the question why MLP specifically did this and not any other show, maybe even with similar and sometimes even better suited qualities for this role.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Laibach wrote:
Solar112 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

Sorry, I didn't really mean any offense. I'm just tired of whiny people on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 12:51 am

Laibach wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Laibach wrote:
Solar112 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

Sorry, I didn't really mean any offense. I'm just tired of whiny people on the internet.
Could you please elaborate who on what point was 'whiny'?
Because I fail to see anything closer to whining than your complaints about other people being whiny.
Sorry if I offended you, but I´m just confused...
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 12:56 am

I watched MLP once. It was alright. Not bad, but nothing to lose your shit over. I thought powerpuff girls was better.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 1:39 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
I watched MLP once.  It was alright. Not bad, but nothing to lose your shit over.  I thought powerpuff girls was better.
I actually never watched Powerpuff Girls.
Tough I believe it is pretty popular among bronies. (because many just check it out for being made by the same person)
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:51 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
powerpuff girls was better.
And so it was written, I've got to start compiling these things.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:52 pm

The Word of Fr0stbyte, 22:13
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:56 pm

You surely don't think I'm joking, do you?

Edit: http://thewordoffr0stbyte.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Hey that pretty much means all bronies are heretics and should be converted to powerpuff girls or to be eliminated , I bet the owls are all on it now !

Edit: did I say converted to powerpuff girls ? I mean to watch them and stuff ... but now that I think about it having 4% of the internet as powerpuff girls will grant us the power to rule the world and spread Frost's word in the process !
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:19 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Hey that pretty much means all bronies are heretics and should be converted to powerpuff girls or to be eliminated , I bet the owls are all on it now !

Edit: did I say converted to powerpuff girls ? I mean to watch them and stuff ... but now that I think about it having 4% of the internet as powerpuff girls will grant us the power to rule the world and spread Frost's word in the process !
Not necessarily, it just means that Powerpuff girls > MLP or else. Feel free to submit books of your own, I don't intend to go back and copy everything He's ever said, but someone should.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dedicated Argument Thread   The Dedicated Argument Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dedicated Argument Thread
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next