Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)

Go down 
+17
Commander Kobialka
Commander Error
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Emperor_Revan
Dux Tell31
MercurySteam
Groot
Tau
ACH0225
Delta
Tiel+
MrTargareyan
Keon
Laserbilly
Joel
Caramell
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:53 am

I'm thinking of setting up a few small missile turrets as well, just to add a little extra punch.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 10:30 am

Yea but missile turrets are dangerous if the lock in on wrong stuff or hit wrong stuff, also easy to avoid if you know the missile is actually aimed at you, at least don't use heat seekers.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Ahh, server crash; I think the raiderz may actually have built that 800 block long ship...
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 4:30 pm

Where would they build that where no one would notice? The radar signature on it would be huge. They'd also need to be not in poverty.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Server crashed again. Right as we were attacking.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:05 pm

We were attacking? When?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:54 am

Last night , Im actually not sure it was right to attack them just like that out of nowhere wheile there were offline but what done was done.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:53 am

Iv121 wrote:
Last night , Im actually not sure it was right to attack them just like that out of nowhere wheile there were offline but what done was done.
I guess all we did was destroy a couple of fighters they stole of me and an npc station.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 7:58 am

Although that WAS like 80% of their fleet capacity.... They had it coming. Besides, it's not like they can do anything.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:08 am

..attack when you go to school?

I got on yesterday but this game is confusing. Wasn't sure how to dock with a station, or even which of the constructs was a station.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:17 am

Comrade Tiel wrote:
..attack when you go to school?
Its still the holidays where I am Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:32 am

You need to rename your ship Thermopylae, then.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:38 am

Comrade Tiel wrote:
Whats Thermopylae? Smile
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:37 am

MrTargareyan wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
Whats Thermopylae? :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermopylae
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:13 pm

Okay I think the server we're using is dying. We either need move to a better, more stable server or the admin of the current one needs to wipe it and only allow importing of approved ships none over say 300 blocks long.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:56 pm

That was targ again if you didn't follow -.-
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:23 pm

The battle of the Thermopylae was one of the rare instances of a conflict in which a small number of troops held the line against a numerically superior force. This can be attributed to the greek contingent's skill, knowledge of the battlefield, and just overall better tactics than the invading Persian force. They did eventually fall after seven days of fighting, thanks in no small part to a traitorous local betraying an uncovered route behind the Greek positions.

What do they teach in British schools these days? Razz
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:26 pm

The Persians were also peasant soldiers and general shit. Also, Arsln, the serer is fine. If they import big ships, import bigger ones.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:33 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
The Persians were also peasant soldiers and general shit.
Actually, the Persian army was one of the mightiest military forces in their day. By all rights a handful of hoplites and spearmen shouldn't have held them back, but they did. It was really incompetence at the highest levels of command and the Greeks having superior positions during several battles that caused Xerxes to reconsider this whole 'invade Greece' thing.

Pretty fascinating when you think about it.
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:39 pm

Just downloaded star made, How do I "join the party" so to speak.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:40 pm

You'll probably have to wait for Iv or Targ to get on, which can change based on israeltime, which must never coincide with arabtime, which stops 5 times a day.

I think I was really racist there.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:44 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
The battle of the Thermopylae was one of the rare instances of a conflict in which a small number of troops held the line against a numerically superior force. This can be attributed to the greek contingent's skill, knowledge of the battlefield, and just overall better tactics than the invading Persian force. They did eventually fall after seven days of fighting, thanks in no small part to a traitorous local betraying an uncovered route behind the Greek positions.

They are actually not the only ones who did it, oddly enough stories of heroism of 300 men holding the line against superior forces is quite common in the area, even in the bible there's an example, the story of Gideon Son of Yoash who collected 300 of his best men and basically defeated the opposing Medianites by frightening them ... I wonder why the number 300 was so popular back than ...

As for ACH I have no idea what you are talknig about ...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:

They are actually not the only ones who did it, oddly enough stories of heroism of 300 men holding the line against superior forces is quite common in the area, even in the bible there's an example, the story of Gideon Son of Yoash who collected 300 of his best men and basically defeated the opposing Medianites by frightening them ... I wonder why the number 300 was so popular back than ...

As for ACH I have no idea what you are talknig about ...
Note that I haven't referenced 300 anywhere. That movie is a disgrace and dishonors the other brave Greeks that fought alongside the Spartans. Hollywood fictionalized it to hell, I mean, spandex underwear as battle gear? The fuck? Armor or naked, don't equip them with BDSM gear, jeez..

But yeah, history is full of events that may or may not be true. I think Thermopylae has been established as actually happening, though, otherwise we'd be reporting to our local satraps Razz
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 5:06 pm

So where our base? Also I royally screwed up the whole PM thing. haha
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Well they are all mostly established on existing events, but more often than not mythologized to transmit a specific thought through the text, in that Gideon scenario for example it was said that it was god who frightened the Medianites so the victory is attributed to him, and also the way Gideon chose his warriors felt a bit mythical, see he began with 2000 ppl actually, but he first told to those who are afraid to go home, 1000 left, now with the remaining 1000 he went to a pond and told them to drink while he observed how they drank. Some Crouched on four and drank straight from the pond while the others crouched carefully by the shore and drank with their hands. Gideon took these 300 that drank with their hands as they remained vigilant during the time they drank. It might as well be just a folk story but hey next ship is UTC Gideon !

Well Tell the base is at -11,-2,8 which wont really help you as you cant acess it without a faction perm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next