Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:24 pm

The Holocaust.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:32 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
The Holocaust.
Fair point, I was kinda miserable when I made those posts, barring holocausts, genocide, mass murder ect, its still one of the more miserable things to happen to you in everyday life, though this is mainly because I have to see them everyday and try to act cheerful, and not have some sort of weird 2 hour long emotional hissy fit where I end up with some weird mix of bitterness and misery when talking to them.

EDIT:::: That sounded both insensitive, inappropriately optimistic and horrifying all at once, it wasn't meant to come across like that :3 I need to learn how to type xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Found a nice starmade server, recommended by a friend who plays on it. Was playing but went broke, thought you guys would like it.
http://sm.infinitehavoc.co.uk:57921
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:16 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Found a nice starmade server, recommended by a friend who plays on it. Was playing but went broke, thought you guys would like it.
http://sm.infinitehavoc.co.uk:57921

I would play on it, but at the moment all my time is going towards german coursework/DFN faction stuff/DFN ships :/ Anyways, here is the start of a replacement for the Athena, already does 130k dps, and has enough power for infinite fire.
Full view:

Only finished bit (Just outside the bridge):

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:40 pm

Started the front of the ship and added the 16 mini turrets on the engine cowlings:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Finished the Guillotine class! Does 133057 dps, has 2.8 km range, has a complete shit ton of turrets (20+), 1.9 million shields and in a 230 block long ship Very Happy Sadly its an ugly bastard, but oh well.. :/ Its turrets can take out 20 Isanths in <20 seconds, and most of that they spend turning around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:58 pm

I think it looks good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:35 am

Vinyl wrote:
I think it looks good.

Thanks, but compared to the Athena its several turds stuck together and painted Smile Also, just worked out the total DPS of the turrets, together the 33 turrets do 115384 dps, nearly doubling the ships damage to 248441 dps; it would be interesting to have a fight between this and IV's assault dread actually, since its a similar size.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:27 am

My assault dread is nothing compared to that, it was designed for the older generation of starmade, now it can barely produce half the DPS it was able to before due to the increased power consumption and changed power generation scheme. My artillery cruiser can produce a much DPS as your ship but without support it wont achieve much as it is too squishy as it currently is. I haven't touched starmade for a while now too, all of my ships were built with the previous power scheme in mind and thus cannot function now.

Also my assault dread is smaller than this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:12 pm

..and this is why I hate SM. It turns into sheer DPS/shield contests - just spam.

Now, if you had to build ships with limited wepons and shields, actually designing it to fly, maneuver, and generally not. Get. Shot. would be more fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:02 pm

In other words it lacks depth, even plain DPS showdown could be much more entertaining the way I wanted to make it in FC, making armor valid defence and adding 3 type of damage thus forcing people to balance their ships or design them to counter specific types in different ways. Just building shields wont save you from torpedoes and too much armor and you wont be able to fit weapons on the ship, the weapons are not straight forward blocks bunched together either, and Im not even starting to talk about utility weapons that can really shift the course of battle if used properly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:07 am

The came can have depth, as long as your playing highly experienced players, if not combat is a fun, if slightly simple shootout. By experienced I mean able to make cloaked battleships. Speaking of which, here is my design for one:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:33 pm

Yeah, about that sm combat being balanced and awesome post I made, scratch that, turns out I can make a flayer cloak xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rimmer96

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:10 pm

ACH0225 wrote:

I literally just came here to advertise my server, thanks Smile

But still,

3rd highest ranked in the UK, 8th in the world - 40 Slots - Unlimited Blueprints - 50K Starting Credits - 150 Speed - Low Ping - Hosted in the UK - active admins - Newly completed ship PVP arena - Rewards for voting - sm.infinitehavoc.co.uk:57921
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Well welcome to the number 1 wishlisted mod for 3 years in a row, the only mod that got 100 pages in its thread and was not released as of yet ! ITS NOT RELEASED FOR 3 YEARS IN A ROW TOO ! That must but a record ! Razz , it is in fact the only one that still remains active against all odds like that.

On a more serious note I wonder why did you come here personally ? Kinda curious how did you end up here Wink .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rimmer96

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:50 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Well welcome to the number 1 wishlisted mod for 3 years in a row, the only mod that got 100 pages in its thread and was not released as of yet ! ITS NOT RELEASED FOR 3 YEARS IN A ROW TOO ! That must but a record ! Razz, it is in fact the only one that still remains active against all odds like that.

On a more serious note I wonder why did you come here personally ? Kinda curious how did you end up here Wink.

I have been following this for about a year now, I fully plan on making a server if this ever comes out:P I stopped coming to the forums for a while but the MC forum has been bugging my emails for a while with posts about this, so yeah, thought since my server got big and I know some people who look at this are interested in StarMade so I posted Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   

Back to top Go down

Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13