Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:14 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Arsln, the serer is fine. If they import big ships, import bigger ones.
HeldTech Demawhat'sit, here I come...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://arsln100.forumotion.com
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:46 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:

What do they teach in British schools these days? Razz
Not a lot; Michael Gove is wrecking the already useless system D: My history teacher was useless anyways; and evil, very evil Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Dux Tell31 wrote:
Just downloaded star made, How do I "join the party" so to speak.
What's your ign? Smile I will invite you when I get up tomorrow. And I need to stop building big ships :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:32 pm

When I get half a moment, I'm going to make a more powerful version of my ship. It will probably be pretty big.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:33 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:
Dux Tell31 wrote:
What's your ign? :)I will invite you when I get up tomorrow. And I need to stop building big ships :/
It's 'Dux_Tell31'

Also I found the futurecraft area, I am certain that this is a fact because as soon as I entered this sector… BOOM! 1 FPS and 12 hundred cruisers loaded onto my screen. I vastly under estimated the firepower you had acquired. Shocked 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:38 pm

Dux Tell31 wrote:
MrTargareyan wrote:
Dux Tell31 wrote:
What's your ign? :)I will invite you when I get up tomorrow. And I need to stop building big ships :/
It's 'Dux_Tell31'

Also I found the futurecraft area, I am certain that this is a fact because as soon as I entered this sector… BOOM! 1 FPS and 12 hundred cruisers loaded onto my screen. I vastly under estimated the firepower you had acquired. Shocked 
I will add you tomorrow morning as I am currently in bed, and I would reccomend building anything 1 sector away from the main base Smile my fps drops from 120-15 when I enter home sector Very Happy Though it's probably better now my dread(s) is gone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:01 am

I logged on for a little bit to see what the game is like.  Made my way to the faction sector, and caught a ship that was drifting away for some reason.  I have to say, though, it is really frustrating trying to navigate to things.  You can't see anything until you are right next to it, and the position markers for everything move whenever you pass between sectors.  I can't count the number of times I misplaced the ship I was trying to catch, and the navigation menu doesn't seem to be sorted alphabetically or by distance.  What's up with that?

Anyway, some interesting ideas, and it is neat seeing how someone else solved the issues we've been discussing, though I don't fully agree with all of the solutions.  But it does need a lot more polishing.  I really did like the angled blocks, though, and I think you guys made great use of them.

*edit*
cranking up the draw distance helped a lot, but the popping into sectors in the wrong place is still really hard to deal with.

Last edited by fr0stbyte124 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:03 am

We barely use them Razz , placing them is a pain in the butt too, you need to rotate them in a menu when you place ctrl but if you'll try to do that you'll see that you have to pass many many diff rotations until you find the one you need, it should work similarly to the stairs in MC that are basically identical to the slopes in role.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:14 am

The Raiderz seem to have acquired some bigger ships since we killed them, although they are still hiding out in the ruins of the space station. They have a 30 blockish repair ship; one of my Balerion class light cruisers (80 blocks) and a bigger ship, maybe 100-110 blocks long; though nowhere near as wide as tickler. I think it is Multivitae's ship "The real Wurwulf" though I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:14 am

Useful info, I wonder if can take on them alone in a stealth ship Smile , they will still need much more as we have enough turrets there to destroy a dreadnaught.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:24 am

Pretty soon, I'm going to build a more powerful ship. It'll probably have a 3 by 3 unguided missile tube, probably 50 long. This ship will be a beast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:58 am

450 blocks only ? From my experience you'd be disappointed ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:01 pm

My Cruiser hunter is finished:

Sorta gave up on the interior idea; needed moar guns Very Happy

Got the ticklers shields red pretty quick, and has a ton of its own considering it is only 30 blocks high.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:09 pm

How many AMCs ? I wonder how powerful it is compared to my Artillery frigate, I’m actually going to do another one I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:04 pm

Does anyone know of a way to launch the .jar directly?  I wanted to profile the game with gDEBugger to confirm some stuff, but the external launcher keeps throwing it off.  Minecraft is the same way and it drives me up the wall.

*Edit*
Nvm, I just decompiled it.

For the curious, valid launch parameters are:

-server  //runs as dedicated server
-port  //sets the default port.  Doesn't seem super important
-cleansim  //not really sure what this does
-gui     //runs as client, mutually exclusive to -server
-locallastsettings //defaults server address to localhost:4242 and some other stuff
-exitonesc  //only evaluated if -locallastsettings is used.  Presumably exits when you hit escape

//these affect the secondary launcher
-nogui //presumably launches the game without showing this menu
-force //forces an update, though I'm not sure how

I haven't actually tried any of these other than -gui, and the jar is obsfucated, so who knows.

It only throws the "I don't work like this, use the launcher" error message if you don't include any parameters, so add -gui to the end and that does the trick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Uhh, I have a confession to make; I fired my missiles into what I thought was dead space to see how many there were, and they hit someones ship at base and overrided the shields in one. I managed to stop the core overheating, but half the ship is gone :3 It was black with sloped cannon cowlings on the outside; like nacceles :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:24 pm

Well this is weird. I tried debugging the opengGL calls, but nothing seems to work the way it should. Textures don't seem to get bound, even though they are being used, and all I was really able to figure out is that it uses a lot of depreciated displaylists like Minecraft and that has a ton of shader programs for every little thing, which I guess was pretty obvious when you look at the lighting. Still, wish I could have gotten something more substantial out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:40 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Does anyone know of a way to launch the .jar directly?  I wanted to profile the game with gDEBugger to confirm some stuff, but the external launcher keeps throwing it off.  Minecraft is the same way and it drives me up the wall.

*Edit*
Nvm, I just decompiled it.

For the curious, valid launch parameters are:

-server  //runs as dedicated server
-port  //sets the default port.  Doesn't seem super important
-cleansim  //not really sure what this does
-gui     //runs as client, mutually exclusive to -server
-locallastsettings //defaults server address to localhost:4242 and some other stuff
-exitonesc  //only evaluated if -locallastsettings is used.  Presumably exits when you hit escape

//these affect the secondary launcher
-nogui //presumably launches the game without showing this menu
-force //forces an update, though I'm not sure how

I haven't actually tried any of these other than -gui, and the jar is obsfucated, so who knows.

It only throws the "I don't work like this, use the launcher" error message if you don't include any parameters, so add -gui to the end and that does the trick.
Did you find a way to deobfuscate it? I took a look at it and sort of nibbled at the edges of the obfuscation, but didn't really get to the heart of anything.

You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.

Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:51 pm

Nah, there's way too much stuff to make much headway on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:46 am

I've been trying to join but I keep getting an EOF exception error
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:03 am

Prototype wrote:
I've been trying to join but I keep getting an EOF exception error
I just checked the website and apparently its been down for 9 hours D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:34 am

Fuuuuuck. Well, at least I saved my ship to my personal backup thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Right, so I started playing single player, and made a ship, then accidentally shot the station testing weapons systems, then the fleet showed up and turned my replica of Great Thing into Swiss cheese
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Ok, on the server list it says the starmade server has been down for 17 hours now; so has probably been taken down for good :/ Anyone want to try this one:
http://starmade-servers.com/server/290/

Edit: No screw that one, you cant create factions
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:58 pm

If possible, could we have one that's on 0.093872? I currently can't play on the newer ones due to a system limitation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)   

Back to top Go down

Starmade (Since i dont think we have a thread on this forum)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next