Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Anti lag idea

Go down 
+10
Iv121
Groot
Tiel+
Captain stufuzzycat
The Schmetterling
hyperlite
Grand Imperial Thunder
Last_Jedi_Standing
Ivan2006
Julo
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Anti lag idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti lag idea   Anti lag idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:22 am

Iv121 wrote:
Polygons ... are they triangles in minecraft ?
A polygon, for those who don't know, is a plane figure with at least three straight sides and angles, and typically five or more. That is, a square, rectangle, triangle, parallelogram, octagon, decagon, hexagon, pentagon, or other similar figure.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Anti lag idea   Anti lag idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
Polygons ... are they triangles in minecraft ?
A polygon, for those who don't know, is a plane figure with at least three straight sides and angles, and typically five or more. That is, a square, rectangle, triangle, parallelogram, octagon, decagon, hexagon, pentagon, or other similar figure.

I know it's mathematical definition. Usually Polygons in games are triangles (at least in all cases I met) because you can build out of them any possible shape, but in minecraft you need only squares ...
Back to top Go down
kokonus
kokonus

PostSubject: Re: Anti lag idea   Anti lag idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 12:19 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
kokonus wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
Prototype wrote:
English, please, put it in layman terms then I can comment meaningfully

Oh, oh, Fr0stbyte-time...
STFU, it's learning time!

In the strictest sense, Minecraft does have a voxel engine; terrain blocks are stored according to relative positions, rather than explicit coordinates, like a pixel map only 3D. However, each of those blocks is then converted 1:1 into a set of polygon faces for rendering. There are other voxel engines which convert voxel data into polygons before rendering, because modern GPUs are very good at drawing polygons. The difference here is the 1:1 correlation between blocks and faces. While necessary to maintain the blocky nature of the game, you could view the voxel data simply as a compressed version of listing out each polygon by coordinate. In this respect, it is not so terribly different from any bolygon-based model. I would consider it a hybrid.

In a fully realized voxel engine, you are often dealing with a massive scale between your largest objects and your smallest voxel units. Because of this, the engines usually employ specialized drawing techniques, like the marching cubes algorithm, which converts voxel data into polygon surfaces, but which can be used at varying levels of resolution so that you have control over your end poly-count. Different storage structures, such as octtrees, are often an efficient way of storing large amounts of uniform data by using voxels of varying scales.

Did you mean to say "bolygon"? Because that ain't a word as far as I know.

I think polygon is a pokemon so that might be it?

OK, if you don't speak English, you don't speak English. But commenting on English grammar discussions is probably not the most productive use of your time. Razz

I was making a joke XD I thought it didnt mean that though I didnt exactly now what it means
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Anti lag idea   Anti lag idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 2:02 pm

kokonus wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
Prototype wrote:
English, please, put it in layman terms then I can comment meaningfully

Oh, oh, Fr0stbyte-time...
STFU, it's learning time!

In the strictest sense, Minecraft does have a voxel engine; terrain blocks are stored according to relative positions, rather than explicit coordinates, like a pixel map only 3D. However, each of those blocks is then converted 1:1 into a set of polygon faces for rendering. There are other voxel engines which convert voxel data into polygons before rendering, because modern GPUs are very good at drawing polygons. The difference here is the 1:1 correlation between blocks and faces. While necessary to maintain the blocky nature of the game, you could view the voxel data simply as a compressed version of listing out each polygon by coordinate. In this respect, it is not so terribly different from any bolygon-based model. I would consider it a hybrid.

In a fully realized voxel engine, you are often dealing with a massive scale between your largest objects and your smallest voxel units. Because of this, the engines usually employ specialized drawing techniques, like the marching cubes algorithm, which converts voxel data into polygon surfaces, but which can be used at varying levels of resolution so that you have control over your end poly-count. Different storage structures, such as octtrees, are often an efficient way of storing large amounts of uniform data by using voxels of varying scales.

Did you mean to say "bolygon"? Because that ain't a word as far as I know.

I think polygon is a pokemon so that might be it?

Nope, the pokemon is named "Porygon", altough its name might come from "polygon", what is a triangle in a game or some other programm.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Anti lag idea   Anti lag idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Bolygons are imitation polygons from the Indian video game industry.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Anti lag idea   Anti lag idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:42 pm

You forgot Bicrosoft.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Anti lag idea   Anti lag idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 2:15 am

I believe it's a reference to 'Bollywood', the Indian film industry. Also a joke.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Anti lag idea   Anti lag idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:18 pm

yup. you don't get to choose avenger. the schmetterling decided for you.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Anti lag idea   Anti lag idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 6:41 am

superninjakiwi wrote:

I can control your thoughts...

Say that in your creepiest voice possible, with the creepiest look possible. Then double the creepiness, add this guy, then times by the speed of light squared. You'll be around half of the level of my creepiness when I say that. I've made grown men faint by saying that.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Anti lag idea   Anti lag idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:55 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:

Say that in your creepiest voice possible, with the creepiest look possible. Then double the creepiness, add this guy, then times by the speed of light squared. You'll be around half of the level of my creepiness when I say that. I've made grown men faint by saying that.
I call BS.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Anti lag idea   Anti lag idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:44 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:

The units don't work out unless you include a rate of change.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Anti lag idea   Anti lag idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 4:44 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:

The units don't work out unless you include a rate of change.

You don't need to see my rate of change. These are not the droids you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anti lag idea   Anti lag idea - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anti lag idea
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2