Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Modeller Application

Go down 
+8
superninjakiwi
torrentialAberration
hyperlite
Keon
fr0stbyte124
Last_Jedi_Standing
Tiel+
Ivan2006
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Modeller Application Empty
PostSubject: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:09 pm

I have decided to help this mod with requests for models such as aliens, fighters and such this (is not me asking to join the team last time never ended well).
I have made this model for possible a possible alien.
Modeller Application Alien_11
This is my idea for the avian species in the ideacentre (it is a terrible picture). Also I can't do any coding or textures (yet).
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:58 pm

caltech117 wrote:
I have decided to help this mod with requests for models such as aliens, fighters and such this (is not me asking to join the team last time never ended well).
This is my idea for the avian species in the ideacentre (it is a terrible picture). Also I can't do any coding or textures (yet).
Quite a simple texture.
Anyway, i´m no dev, but I think player models can´t be done in Techne.
Fighter models propably, but unless you get to do something more awesome than a bunch of squares (maybe a starfighter that actually looks aerodynamic like Manus´ models) I fear the Devs won´t find a place for you in the dev team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 3:07 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
caltech117 wrote:
Quite a simple texture.
Anyway, i´m no dev, but I think player models can´t be done in Techne.
Fighter models propably, but unless you get to do something more awesome than a bunch of squares (maybe a starfighter that actually looks aerodynamic like Manus´ models) I fear the Devs won´t find a place for you in the dev team.

I am okay with that, however that was just a quick build I first need a drawing or description to make something good. and I can't make a good texture.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 3:13 pm

But that's basically Steve with flat arms?

Add beak and tail, more emphasis on wings Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 3:15 pm

MISLEADING BIRD wrote:

That was just a sample model.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:54 pm

caltech117 wrote:
MISLEADING BIRD wrote:

That was just a sample model.
Yeah, but if that's a representative sample of your work, I have bad news for you. Neutral
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:03 pm

All vanilla models can be made in Techne. Minecraft models are all made of opengl primitive shapes and animated with simple transformation functions. I was hoping we would use something nicer than techne to make our models, but it seems like no one else is all that interested.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Techne works.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:36 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
All vanilla models can be made in Techne. Minecraft models are all made of opengl primitive shapes and animated with simple transformation functions. I was hoping we would use something nicer than techne to make our models, but it seems like no one else is all that interested.

I don't know how to use crapstudio.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Keon wrote:
Techne works.

So does Craftstudio. It's pretty good once you get the hang of it.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:59 pm

MISLEADING BIRD wrote:
Keon wrote:
Techne works.

So does Craftstudio. It's pretty good once you get the hang of it.

I made a leg. It was a pretty sweet leg.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:20 pm

can you make a sample from an extremely detailed description of an alien i'v had in my head for ages? i suck at drawing so that won't be any help, but i have an extremely clear vision of it.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:13 am

superninjakiwi wrote:
can you make a sample from an extremely detailed description of an alien i'v had in my head for ages? i suck at drawing so that won't be any help, but i have an extremely clear vision of it.

If one of you is a telepath...
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 1:02 pm

but i can still detail the description immensly.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 1:03 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
but i can still detail the description immensly.

That would work as well...
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 1:31 pm

so how about it, caltech? it will help show them your skillz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:37 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
so how about it, caltech? it will help show them your skillz.

I will try but no promises.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:39 pm

i don't expect something AMAZING, it IS minecraft..... but it will show them something better than the penguin-like thing in the op, and i will get mah kikiwi model :3. win-win situation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:41 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
i don't expect something AMAZING, it IS minecraft..... but it will show them something better than the penguin-like thing in the op, and i will get mah kikiwi model :3. win-win situation.

So how can I get the description.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:50 pm

i'll pm it, so it will be a complete suprise to everyone else. also: i may provide ovely large amount of information, simply use what you need to, and ingore the rest. i'll try to leave out unimportantthings like how many toes and fingers.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 6:06 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
i'll pm it, so it will be a complete suprise to everyone else. also: i may provide ovely large amount of information, simply use what you need to, and ingore the rest. i'll try to leave out unimportantthings like how many toes and fingers.

That's important!
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Keon wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:

That's important!

Ever seen any minecraftian with fingers?
No? That´s because fingers would be a little bit complicated to animate in terms of MC gameplay.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:18 pm

Keon wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:

That's important!

No? That´s because fingers would be a little bit complicated to animate in terms of MC gameplay.

presicly
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:21 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
Keon wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:

That's important!

presicly

Yep, overdetailing looks as bad as plain boringness.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:22 pm

at least in minecraft that is...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modeller Application   Modeller Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modeller Application
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next