Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tonyri
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 126
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 22
Location : Wisconsin, USA

PostSubject: Application   Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:07 pm

I want to finish up and finalize the hard numbers like how fast each engine accelerates and fuel consumption, plus figure out fuel potential energy and burning speed. That kind of stuff. Once we get a list of engines and machines, I could find balanced numbers and post them. I have some stuff I have already done today at school:

Energy Sources P-Ratio S-Ratio
Oil .75 1.5
Log .25 .4
Plank .0625 .4
Leaves .03 .75
Sapling .03 .5
Biofuel .7 1.5
Stick .03 .6
P-Ratio = Total Energy Ratio to Coal, S-Ratio = Burning Speed to Coal.

Coal is worth 1000 eu each, and burns at a speed of .625/t. One second is 20 ticks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Application   Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:25 pm

This is the strangest looking application I've seen in some time...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Application   Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Strange,
perhaps, but probably the most intelligent. I'm not to sure we need someone to
give values for what parts of the game should be, its more likely that we will implement
some then change them over time, so we could keep a track of how balanced they
seem.

Also, I think that while the graph may seem simple to you or I, it is going to confuse
a lot of players if everything burns at a different rate with a massively
varied total power output. Simple is best, unless you're trying to confuse
someone. Plus, no one is going to use generators fuelled by flammable items.
Too primitive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonyri
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 126
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 22
Location : Wisconsin, USA

PostSubject: Re: Application   Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:17 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Strange,
perhaps, but probably the most intelligent. I'm not to sure we need someone to
give values for what parts of the game should be, its more likely that we will implement
some then change them over time, so we could keep a track of how balanced they
seem.

Also, I think that while the graph may seem simple to you or I, it is going to confuse
a lot of players if everything burns at a different rate with a massively
varied total power output. Simple is best, unless you're trying to confuse
someone. Plus, no one is going to use generators fuelled by flammable items.
Too primitive.
At the beginning you will need combustibles, and fission and fusion and stuff will come later. The chart only shows that gasoline will burn hotter and thus generate energy quicker than coal, but will burn up faster. A wiki would probably help too. Most normal people will probably just throw random junk in a Thermal Generator and be happy with whatever they get, but it is best to make it as realistic as possible for the smart people (us).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Application   Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:37 pm

I suppose. I do know that you would use the thermal generator occasionally...
But only in dire circumstances.

Editorial: Oh yeah! Last poster on every sub-forum!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Application   Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:05 pm

We are not recreating Industrial Craft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonyri
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 126
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 22
Location : Wisconsin, USA

PostSubject: Re: Application   Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:10 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
We are not recreating Industrial Craft.
But we still need to power our stuff somehow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 441
Join date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Application   Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:48 pm

I thought this was the application section?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Application   Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:11 pm

Well it's not. This is where we talk about developing the FutureCraft application.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 441
Join date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Application   Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:14 pm

Ah.... I think our applications need nuclear reactors, and blast shields.... oh oh and nukes! lots of nukes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Application   Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:18 am

You people are weird...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 703
Join date : 2011-12-12
Age : 47
Location : At Aperture Science, testing P-Body and Atlas.

PostSubject: Re: Application   Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 pm

And you aren't?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 22
Location : Look up.

PostSubject: Re: Application   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 am

daman200 wrote:
And you aren't?

Man has a point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Application   Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:11 pm

ectrimble20 wrote:
Ah.... I think our applications need nuclear reactors, and blast shields.... oh oh and nukes! lots of nukes!
And more nukes
And more
And some more
Maybe add some more in just in case
more
more
more
Oh, and the death star laser that makes nukes seem like blunt rocks.

Edit: Are leaves 30 eu then?
That's not that far away from shooting a laser!
I shall build a plant powered laser gun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Application   Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Keon wrote:
ectrimble20 wrote:
Ah.... I think our applications need nuclear reactors, and blast shields.... oh oh and nukes! lots of nukes!
And more nukes
And more
And some more
Maybe add some more in just in case
more
more
more
Oh, and the death star laser that makes nukes seem like blunt rocks.

Edit: Are leaves 30 eu then?
That's not that far away from shooting a laser!
I shall build a plant powered laser gun.
Actually, the rapid laser turret is 2EUs per shot, but it fires at a rate of 10/s, so it takes 20EUs to sustain for a single second.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonyri
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 126
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 22
Location : Wisconsin, USA

PostSubject: Re: Application   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Keon wrote:
ectrimble20 wrote:
Ah.... I think our applications need nuclear reactors, and blast shields.... oh oh and nukes! lots of nukes!
And more nukes
And more
And some more
Maybe add some more in just in case
more
more
more
Oh, and the death star laser that makes nukes seem like blunt rocks.

Edit: Are leaves 30 eu then?
That's not that far away from shooting a laser!
I shall build a plant powered laser gun.
Actually, the rapid laser turret is 2EUs per shot, but it fires at a rate of 10/s, so it takes 20EUs to sustain for a single second.
I was thinking of balancing the weapons and equipment after the fuel. If someone wants to compile a list of weapons and engines and what not I can come up with energy requirements for it, but I don't know what kind of engines and weapons you guys want in the mod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Application   

Back to top Go down
 
Application
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Calling application's js file inside selenium
» Selenium WebDriver + GWT Application
» How to test single page application (java) with selenium
» How can we automate Ajax based application using selenium.
» Msiexec.exe is not a valid win32 application

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Modding Team Applications-
Jump to: