Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Diplomatic Thread

Go down 
+28
Son of Wolves
Brz99
The Schmetterling
Fabricator-General Norse
Commander Kobialka
Chapter Master Addeptis
Rainbow Dash
Chris4197
Admiral Rekiin
Luna
Shiva
blockman42
Soul of Jack
Dux Tell31
Pat Best
Commander Error
Ivan2006
Grand Imperial Thunder
Last_Jedi_Standing
Captain stufuzzycat
hyperlite
ACH0225
Avenger_7
Caramell
Tiel+
Joel
Delta
Hierarch Fenway
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:54 pm

Just what kind of reactor do you have installed on that?
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:21 pm

It's powered by a reactor similar in design to the one NeoRome currently orbits around. Using a Magnetic Containment Inertial Field, an EMP Stabilizer, a Magnetic Flux Capacitor, and a Zero-Point Singularity Compressor, all of the highest quality, it compresses singularities of pure hydrogen to the point that sustained fusion becomes possible. Energy from the fusion reactions is directly leached from the core and turned into electrical power. This station's core is nothing compared to NeoRome's. The core itself would fit inside a football field. NeoRome's core is about the size of Mercury, and produces enough energy for it to reliably beam large amounts of power at little to no drain to the core from planet to planet. The core is essentially a miniature star, contained completely and energy leached off for all power needs. It isn't efficient, as most of the energy from the cores is released out of the core. The Core is not isolated, and can freely exchange with the environment of space, as well as NeoRome's. This allows for easily accomplished Cooling and lighting, especially in the event where an actual star is not available. However, it requires a lot of hydrogen, and over the course of several hundred years, 5 Gas Giants have been depleted of gas to fuel the reactor.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Fenway wrote:
It's powered by a reactor similar in design to the one NeoRome currently orbits around. Using a Magnetic Containment Inertial Field, an EMP Stabilizer, a Magnetic Flux Capacitor, and a Zero-Point Singularity Compressor, all of the highest quality, it compresses singularities of pure hydrogen to the point that sustained fusion becomes possible. Energy from the fusion reactions is directly leached from the core and turned into electrical power. This station's core is nothing compared to NeoRome's. The core itself would fit inside a football field. NeoRome's core is about the size of Mercury, and produces enough energy for it to reliably beam large amounts of power at little to no drain to the core from planet to planet. The core is essentially a miniature star, contained completely and energy leached off for all power needs. It isn't efficient, as most of the energy from the cores is released out of the core. The Core is not isolated, and can freely exchange with the environment of space, as well as NeoRome's. This allows for easily accomplished Cooling and lighting, especially in the event where an actual star is not available. However, it requires a lot of hydrogen, and over the course of several hundred years, 5 Gas Giants have been depleted of gas to fuel the reactor.

You should really make a page on the wiki. It sounds like you've got a truckload of ideas for your faction!
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:30 pm

03-049 Abject Testament wrote:
Incoming Message From Installation 06!
Receiving Message...
Automated Alert wrote:
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!:
Installation 06 Has Experience A Containment Breach! We recommend keeping a minimum safe distance of 100,000 light years from Installation 06 in order to prevent contamination of passing vessels. Activation of Installation 06 is scheduled for next week. Until then, keep a minimum safe distance of 100,000 light years. That is all.

Calamity! If only we had more time...
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Space hulk dubbed Eternity of Torment sighted in the Perlia system, near the halo of debris at the edge of the system. Any vessels in firing range open fire with all weapons, do not get within 6 kilometers of it, and definitely do not board it, as this is the last message received by the RTA's boarding team from salvage ship Delta-13:
Radio op: " No sign of life, minimal electrical power here, no atmosphere, no contact of any... -sounds of weapon discharges and screams of pain-" Radio op: " Get aw... -static- no one left -more static-" End message.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Captain stufuzzycat wrote:
Space hulk dubbed Eternity of Torment sighted in the Perlia system, near the halo of debris at the edge of the system. Any vessels in firing range open fire with all weapons, do not get within 6 kilometers of it, and definitely do not board it, as this is the last message received by the RTA's boarding team from salvage ship Delta-13:
Radio op: " No sign of life, minimal electrical power here, no atmosphere, no contact of any... -sounds of weapon discharges and screams of pain-" Radio op: " Get aw... -static- no one left -more static-" End message.
You're off by one word. Legacy of Torment was a Yuuzhan Vong grand cruiser. It was destroyed by New Republic forces at the Battle of Ithor.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:58 pm

Wow, the hell is going on in this thread?
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:17 pm

05-032 Medicant Bias wrote:
You're off by one word. Legacy of Torment was a Yuuzhan Vong grand cruiser. It was destroyed by New Republic forces at the Battle of Ithor.
I'm not talking about the Legacy of Torment, I made my own ghost ship/space hulk up.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:18 pm

05-032 Medicant Bias wrote:
I'm not talking about the Legacy of Torment, I made my own ghost ship/space hulk up.
I know. I'm saying you missed by one word.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Galactic Coords of Eternity of Torment? We have a weapons prototype to test, and we would prefer to use it on a vessel that dose not have any live sentient beings on board. The Hermóðr prototype will be using trace frequency 92.9 GHz. It is armed with big gun that we don't know what to call, and 2 EC Railguns. Deployment in T-3600. In other news, we want peace, if you wish to negotiate please send a diplomatic vessel to Galactic Coords: 5h 34m 31.97s, +22° 00′ 52.1″.

Last edited by arsln100 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:36 pm

MAC = railgun Razz
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:43 pm

Tiel wrote:
MAC = railgun Razz
\
OOC
Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:43 pm

Excuse me.

MACs are coilguns used as sorta superweapons, does a lot more damage than a railgun.

Railguns are sorta a long-range sniper type thingy that does a ton of damage on impact, more common than MACs on ships, think of it as a midsized turret.

Massdrivers are short-range weapons using miniaturized railgun design philosophy I...guess?

See, this is why we need a damn wiki.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:48 pm

Tiel wrote:
Excuse me.

MACs are coilguns

Railguns are Railguns

Massdrivers are short-range weapons using miniaturized railgun design philosophy I...guess?

See, this is why we need a damn wiki.

yeah we need one bad.

the smaller ones run electricity through a round heating it up and then fire it like a railgun.

The large one shoots a HEAP round MAC style.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:21 pm

Its on the edge of the Perlia system, at 2h 21m 59.32s, +99° 45′ 87.3, as of last measurement. It may have drifted some distance away.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:02 am

Its on the edge of the Perlia system, at 2h 21m 59.32s, +99° 45′ 87.3, as of last measurement. It may have drifted some distance away.

OOC: erm the coords 2h 21m 59.32s, +99° 45′ 87.3" are impossible. the coordinate system only goes up to 23h 59m 59.99, +89° 59' 59.99"

use [url=wikisky.org]WIKISKY[/url] for reference.

BIC

What kind of coordinate system are you using?!?
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:10 am

TELLrim, the most unproductive faction of all time, has finally awoken from its deep metaphorical sleep. And is currently creating its Fortress-world/stronghold/nerve-center at the planet Castra (literally "fortified place" in Latin) in the system Nidus ("origin" or "home" in Latin).

TELLrim is also adopting the use of Roman Titles and Latin words for the sake of originality. (at some point saying "fleet this" or "ship that" got old for me)

At the moment I can't remember if we're affiliated/allied or at war with any of the other Factions, please remind me if I am.

----------------------------------
TELLrim Diplomaticum Core
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:15 am

Director Tell31 wrote:
TELLrim, the most unproductive faction of all time, has finally awoken from its deep metaphorical sleep. And is currently creating its Fortress-world/stronghold/nerve-center at the planet Castra (literally "fortified place" in Latin) in the system Nidus ("origin" or "home" in Latin).

TELLrim is also adopting the use of Roman Titles and Latin words for the sake of originality. (at some point saying "fleet this" or "ship that" got old for me)

At the moment I can't remember if we're affiliated/allied or at war with any of the other Factions, please remind me if I am.

Just don't use Norse mythology, that's mine.
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:23 am

arsln100 wrote:
Director Tell31 wrote:

praefatus Romanus, nonne? (translates with google into "said Roman, does it not?")
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:33 am

Director Tell31 wrote:
arsln100 wrote:
Director Tell31 wrote:

praefatus Romanus, nonne? (translates with google into "said Roman, does it not?")

I believe there are a few ties to Greece and maybe Rome however I'm not going to look up Prose Edda, Poetic Edda, Tyrfing cycle, Völsung Cycle, Saga, and various Runestone and their translations. They also might have used Latin but I'm not sure again, not gonna look it up.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:04 am

As a Norwegian, I can assure you that the Norse mythology and language have nothing to do with Latin.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:55 am

Daynel wrote:
As a Norwegian, I can assure you that the Norse mythology and language have nothing to do with Latin.

Ok. It was like midnight when I wrote that.

Anyway the Hermóðr is nearing finish. we are just finishing the interior. It should be a few more hours at minimum. Then we can begin planning our cap ship, the Mjölnir. It also appears that no one is accepting our peace offers. then we shall dispatch our Hermóðr class warfrigates on patrol as soon as they are finished. The following factions are under trade embargo as from order by Lieutenant General Arslan: NeoRome, Tellrim, Iv Industries, Terran Trade Confederation, Shivan Aerospace Corporation, Rouge Trader Alliance, Voxel Co., and Taln Sovereignty.

Thank you for choosing ICE Corps. And remember here at ICE we fight with a heart of courage and the strength of a thousand men!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:59 am

arsln100 wrote:
we fight with a heart of courage and the strength of a thousand men!

TO GLORY!
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:02 am

Tiel wrote:
arsln100 wrote:
we fight with a heart of courage and the strength of a thousand men!

TO GLORY!

United we stand, Divided we fall!
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:11 am

arsln100 wrote:
Daynel wrote:

Ok. It was like midnight when I wrote that.

Anyway the Hermóðr is nearing finish. we are just finishing the interior. It should be a few more hours at minimum. Then we can begin planning our cap ship, the Mjölnir. It also appears that no one is accepting our peace offers. then we shall dispatch our Hermóðr class warfrigates on patrol as soon as they are finished. The following factions are under trade embargo as from order by Lieutenant General Arslan: NeoRome, Tellrim, Iv Industries, Terran Trade Confederation, Shivan Aerospace Corporation, Rouge Trader Alliance, Voxel Co., and Taln Sovereignty.

Thank you for choosing ICE Corps. And remember here at ICE we fight with a heart of courage and the strength of a thousand men!

I'm shocked! Is their any faction you didn't embargo?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diplomatic Thread   Diplomatic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diplomatic Thread
Page 3 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next