Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!

Go down 
+12
Avenger_7
Last_Jedi_Standing
The Schmetterling
torrentialAberration
Keon
Eliuser12
Caramell
ACH0225
Joel
Tiel+
hyperlite
Commander Error
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:38 pm

Warmaster Tsavong Lah wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

“No.”

“What the hell do you mean, no?” The Taln ambassador glared at the speaker.

The CEO (Hmm. CEO is an OK title, but I'll try to think of one with a bit more ring to it. Warmaster is nice, of course, but I'm not sure it's the way to go.) of Last_Jedi_Standing Industries disturbed the piles of papers on his rare mahogany desk (A desk made of wood? My desk would either be polished metal or a single huge carved crystal.)(Wood would be rare in the space age, more befitting the head of a large corporation) Sure, but I like giant crystal desks.Okay, I will change that., pushing them aside to make room for his arms to fold themselves on the piece of furniture.

“I mean, no. I will not plunge our company into the midst of a galactic war (Man, have you got that wrong.) (Your behavior has yet to exhibit anything but peacemaking, the exact opposite of warmongering, which is *technically* what the envoy is suggesting) I'm working on that.OK., and that includes you, representative. We have far much to lose than these factions acting like younglings and squabbling amongst themselves needlessly.”

The Taln delegate seemed to digest this for a moment, then,

“But we have ships scattered all over the quadrant! To not use them would be a fallacy, especially considering they’re more apt to be fired upon first!” He sputtered out.

“I’m more than aware of your little cold war with the Commonwealth, representative. And I refuse to allow you to foolishly compromise the already fragile trade alliance we have with their ship-building industry.”

“But they initiated hostilities, not-“ the Taln envoy started, but LJS cut him off.

“I don’t care who the heck started it, I’m ending it. And that involves your fleets standing down, ambassador, until we can resolve this matter. I can accept there will be skirmishes, yes, particularly with the Commonwealth’s ships pressing up against Taln space, but we will find a peaceful resolution to this. Until then, any offensive fleet actions by your Sovereignty will result in an excommunication from this alliance. And that’s final. (That's nuts. I would never excommunicate anyone just for attacking someone else. That's what enemies are for.)Taln is asking for some sort of support against the Commonwealth, but since he's part of the Alliance you're all *no*. And remember, you're being puppeteered behind the scenes by one of Keon's characters who are basically gods who don't approve of Taln's military buildup which could threaten humanity. Bugger. It's so much nicer when I get to be the puppeteer but OK. I hope at least whatever he bribed me with was worth it.Don't know, I'd imagine if Keon goes with this he'll have an explanation.

LJS waved a blue Everyone seems to like blue, but okay. Yeah, but it's the corporate color. Can't mess with the corporate color.I see. sleeved hand and forearm in dismissal. Noticeably dismayed, the Taln envoy stood up and left his office, quietly closing the door behind him. He sighed as he then returned his attention to the mounds of papers on his desk. Company headquarters had been hit by an EMP last week, computer systems were due to not be up until the end of the next day, at the very least. They had been using primitive sheets of paper and fax machines, likely deterring a significant amount of business, LJS was sure. And the ones that had the patience…LJS groaned. All of these orders coming in. Normally he’d be overjoyed at such a commercial prospect, this war, but even if his personal computer was operational and organized the shipyard orders into those adorable stacks, he’d still find the scenario to be bittersweet at best.

But yes, he knew a way to end all of this, to return it to normal. He who had told him what to do in these troubled times. LJS put a small smile on his face at this knowledge and went to contact his master…

[Yo, Keon. Get your butt in here] (<cough, splutter, epic spit take> I'm reporting to Keon? Geez. He'd better be a Sith Lord or something, or else it's just not fun. Darth Malak can be subordinate to Darth Revan and still be awesome, bun Nute Gunray's just a loser, even though his boss is a Sith, too.) Keon said his characters can warp the threads of space itself, so... What, only the threads? Can you warp anything?
Right. I didn't really want to help with the story, but this just had to be dealt with.

Responses to your concerns in yellow.
Responses to your responses in green.

Responses to your responses to my responses to your concerns in cyan.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

“No.”

The CEO (Hmm. CEO is an OK title, but I'll try to think of one with a bit more ring to it. Warmaster is nice, of course, but I'm not sure it's the way to go.) of Last_Jedi_Standing Industries disturbed the piles of papers on his rare mahogany desk (A desk made of wood? My desk would either be polished metal or a single huge carved crystal.)(Wood would be rare in the space age, more befitting the head of a large corporation) Sure, but I like giant crystal desks.Okay, I will change that., pushing them aside to make room for his arms to fold themselves on the piece of furniture.

“I mean, no. I will not plunge our company into the midst of a galactic war (Man, have you got that wrong.) (Your behavior has yet to exhibit anything but peacemaking, the exact opposite of warmongering, which is *technically* what the envoy is suggesting) I'm working on that.OK., and that includes you, representative. We have far much to lose than these factions acting like younglings and squabbling amongst themselves needlessly.”

“But we have ships scattered all over the quadrant! To not use them would be a fallacy, especially considering they’re more apt to be fired upon first!” He sputtered out.

“I’m more than aware of your little cold war with the Commonwealth, representative. And I refuse to allow you to foolishly compromise the already fragile trade alliance we have with their ship-building industry.”

“But they initiated hostilities, not-“ the Taln envoy started, but LJS cut him off.

“I don’t care who the heck started it, I’m ending it. And that involves your fleets standing down, ambassador, until we can resolve this matter. I can accept there will be skirmishes, yes, particularly with the Commonwealth’s ships pressing up against Taln space, but we will find a peaceful resolution to this. Until then, any offensive fleet actions by your Sovereignty will result in an excommunication from this alliance. And that’s final. (That's nuts. I would never excommunicate anyone just for attacking someone else. That's what enemies are for.)Taln is asking for some sort of support against the Commonwealth, but since he's part of the Alliance you're all *no*. And remember, you're being puppeteered behind the scenes by one of Keon's characters who are basically gods who don't approve of Taln's military buildup which could threaten humanity. Bugger. It's so much nicer when I get to be the puppeteer but OK. I hope at least whatever he bribed me with was worth it.Don't know, I'd imagine if Keon goes with this he'll have an explanation.

LJS waved a blue Everyone seems to like blue, but okay. Yeah, but it's the corporate color. Can't mess with the corporate color.I see. sleeved hand and forearm in dismissal. Noticeably dismayed, the Taln envoy stood up and left his office, quietly closing the door behind him. He sighed as he then returned his attention to the mounds of papers on his desk. Company headquarters had been hit by an EMP last week, computer systems were due to not be up until the end of the next day, at the very least. They had been using primitive sheets of paper and fax machines, likely deterring a significant amount of business, LJS was sure. And the ones that had the patience…LJS groaned. All of these orders coming in. Normally he’d be overjoyed at such a commercial prospect, this war, but even if his personal computer was operational and organized the shipyard orders into those adorable stacks, he’d still find the scenario to be bittersweet at best.

But yes, he knew a way to end all of this, to return it to normal. He who had told him what to do in these troubled times. LJS put a small smile on his face at this knowledge and went to contact his master…

[Yo, Keon. Get your butt in here] (<cough, splutter, epic spit take> I'm reporting to Keon? Geez. He'd better be a Sith Lord or something, or else it's just not fun. Darth Malak can be subordinate to Darth Revan and still be awesome, bun Nute Gunray's just a loser, even though his boss is a Sith, too.) Keon said his characters can warp the threads of space itself, so... What, only the threads? Can you warp anything? I can warp the entire fabric of space-time!
Right. I didn't really want to help with the story, but this just had to be dealt with.

Response to your responses to my responses to your responses to my concerns in violet.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:45 am

Could you just stop this responsing??
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:08 pm

But it makes such a pretty rainbow...

@Vinyl-TRU weaponry is the best. Bar none. Normally a smaller ship wouldn't be able to scratch that dreadnought, hence why I took myself out of the story.

@ACH-So you're attempting an FTL jump with a gaping hole in your ship, and a smaller hole right through the middle? Uhm, you would die in transit. Take a bit to repair first Razz
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

“No.”

“I don’t care who the heck started it, I’m ending it. And that involves your fleets standing down, ambassador, until we can resolve this matter. I can accept there will be skirmishes, yes, particularly with the Commonwealth’s ships pressing up against Taln space, but we will find a peaceful resolution to this. Until then, any offensive fleet actions by your Sovereignty will result in an excommunication from this alliance. And that’s final. (That's nuts. I would never excommunicate anyone just for attacking someone else. That's what enemies are for.)Taln is asking for some sort of support against the Commonwealth, but since he's part of the Alliance you're all *no*. And remember, you're being puppeteered behind the scenes by one of Keon's characters who are basically gods who don't approve of Taln's military buildup which could threaten humanity. Bugger. It's so much nicer when I get to be the puppeteer but OK. I hope at least whatever he bribed me with was worth it.Don't know, I'd imagine if Keon goes with this he'll have an explanation.Tell ya what, you can secretly be trying to control me at the same time I am trying to control you and we can both try and control ourselves, eachother, tiel, and the universe. And I bribed you with a cookie, and don't you say otherwise.

[Yo, Keon. Get your butt in here] (<cough, splutter, epic spit take> I'm reporting to Keon? Geez. He'd better be a Sith Lord or something, or else it's just not fun. Darth Malak can be subordinate to Darth Revan and still be awesome, bun Nute Gunray's just a loser, even though his boss is a Sith, too.) Keon said his characters can warp the threads of space itself, so... What, only the threads? Can you warp anything? I can warp the entire fabric of space-time!No you can't. And even if you could, the dragon gods are still stronger.

Response to your responses to my responses to your responses to my concerns in violet.

Response to your response in black. Yes, what?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Keon wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

“No.”

“I don’t care who the heck started it, I’m ending it. And that involves your fleets standing down, ambassador, until we can resolve this matter. I can accept there will be skirmishes, yes, particularly with the Commonwealth’s ships pressing up against Taln space, but we will find a peaceful resolution to this. Until then, any offensive fleet actions by your Sovereignty will result in an excommunication from this alliance. And that’s final. (That's nuts. I would never excommunicate anyone just for attacking someone else. That's what enemies are for.)Taln is asking for some sort of support against the Commonwealth, but since he's part of the Alliance you're all *no*. And remember, you're being puppeteered behind the scenes by one of Keon's characters who are basically gods who don't approve of Taln's military buildup which could threaten humanity. Bugger. It's so much nicer when I get to be the puppeteer but OK. I hope at least whatever he bribed me with was worth it.Don't know, I'd imagine if Keon goes with this he'll have an explanation.Tell ya what, you can secretly be trying to control me at the same time I am trying to control you and we can both try and control ourselves, eachother, tiel, and the universe. And I bribed you with a cookie, and don't you say otherwise. Give me a reason.

[Yo, Keon. Get your butt in here] (<cough, splutter, epic spit take> I'm reporting to Keon? Geez. He'd better be a Sith Lord or something, or else it's just not fun. Darth Malak can be subordinate to Darth Revan and still be awesome, bun Nute Gunray's just a loser, even though his boss is a Sith, too.) Keon said his characters can warp the threads of space itself, so... What, only the threads? Can you warp anything? I can warp the entire fabric of space-time!No you can't. And even if you could, the dragon gods are still stronger. Prove it. If you can warp the threads, why can't I warp the fabric? I call on the power of the gods to destroy you! Yun-Yuuzhan the Creator! Yun-Yammka the Slayer! Yun-Harla the Trickster, the Cloaked Godess! Give me power! Do-ro'ik vong pratte!

Responses to your responses to my response to your responses to my responses to your responses to my concerns in olive.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:33 pm

Keon wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

“No.”

“I don’t care who the heck started it, I’m ending it. And that involves your fleets standing down, ambassador, until we can resolve this matter. I can accept there will be skirmishes, yes, particularly with the Commonwealth’s ships pressing up against Taln space, but we will find a peaceful resolution to this. Until then, any offensive fleet actions by your Sovereignty will result in an excommunication from this alliance. And that’s final. (That's nuts. I would never excommunicate anyone just for attacking someone else. That's what enemies are for.)Taln is asking for some sort of support against the Commonwealth, but since he's part of the Alliance you're all *no*. And remember, you're being puppeteered behind the scenes by one of Keon's characters who are basically gods who don't approve of Taln's military buildup which could threaten humanity. Bugger. It's so much nicer when I get to be the puppeteer but OK. I hope at least whatever he bribed me with was worth it.Don't know, I'd imagine if Keon goes with this he'll have an explanation.Tell ya what, you can secretly be trying to control me at the same time I am trying to control you and we can both try and control ourselves, eachother, tiel, and the universe. And I bribed you with a cookie, and don't you say otherwise. Give me a reason.

[Yo, Keon. Get your butt in here] (<cough, splutter, epic spit take> I'm reporting to Keon? Geez. He'd better be a Sith Lord or something, or else it's just not fun. Darth Malak can be subordinate to Darth Revan and still be awesome, bun Nute Gunray's just a loser, even though his boss is a Sith, too.) Keon said his characters can warp the threads of space itself, so... What, only the threads? Can you warp anything? I can warp the entire fabric of space-time!No you can't. And even if you could, the dragon gods are still stronger. Prove it. If you can warp the threads, why can't I warp the fabric? I call on the power of the gods to destroy you! Yun-Yuuzhan the Creator! Yun-Yammka the Slayer! Yun-Harla the Trickster, the Cloaked Godess! Give me power! Do-ro'ik vong pratte!

Responses to your responses to my response to your responses to my responses to your responses to my concerns in olive.

Response to how stupid this is getting in white.

STOP IT NOW!
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Keon wrote:
Keon wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

“No.”

STOP IT NOW!
...There is no white text.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:04 am

Avenger_7 wrote:

@ACH-So you're attempting an FTL jump with a gaping hole in your ship, and a smaller hole right through the middle? Uhm, you would die in transit. Take a bit to repair first Razz

None of the torpedoes ever hit the ship, one got close, but the energy shield and ultra heavy armour took it easily. All torpedoes and gunfire were either shot by point defense or taken by the heavy shielding and 7 meters of titanium.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:14 am

Keon wrote:
Keon wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

“No.”

STOP IT NOW!

My point exactly.
Back to top Go down
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 5:52 am

Keon wrote:
Keon wrote:
Keon wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

“No.”

STOP IT NOW!

My point exactly.
So you are thinking this isnt stupid?

Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:50 am

Lord Tiel wrote:
Keon wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

[Yo, Keon. Get your butt in here]

?

Suggesting I am LJS's master?

Your omnipotent lizard gods, one of them perhaps is controlling LJS, hmm?

Well, I am. I think Keon is more of an omnipotent owl-god. hard to tell, he has switched too many times.

Anyway, I seem to notice that these stories don't really flow on from one another. If I want to post a story, does it have to have any correlation to the previous ones?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:53 am

Tyranid_Player wrote:
Keon wrote:
Keon wrote:
Keon wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

“No.”

STOP IT NOW!

My point exactly.
So you are thinking this isnt stupid?

No, his response was the the big "STOP IT!!", which was in white when he posted it. However, he forgot that it would turn to blue when it was quoted.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:57 am

To triple post:

Could someone please tell me what factions are involved, who is leading them, and who is actually fighting/stand-off/peacemaking/whatever is happening. Sort of a "faction tree". If someone could post this in the next 8 hours, I will be able to write a story from the Futurecraft Empire. Then things will really start getting interesting.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:22 am

Mackeroth? wrote:
To triple post:

Could someone please tell me what factions are involved, who is leading them, and who is actually fighting/stand-off/peacemaking/whatever is happening. Sort of a "faction tree". If someone could post this in the next 8 hours, I will be able to write a story from the Futurecraft Empire. Then things will really start getting interesting.

Futurecraft Commonwealth - main character, Commander Error

Taln Sovreignity - "NPC" faction.

Tiel's People - Warlord Tiel

Avenger7 - Not sure what faction.

Beyond that, no idea.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:38 am

Commander Error wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
To triple post:

Futurecraft Commonwealth - main character, Commander Error

Taln Sovreignity - "NPC" faction.

Tiel's People - Warlord Tiel

Avenger7 - Not sure what faction.

Beyond that, no idea.

Technotronics - which is me - wants to make peace.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:58 am

Mackeroth? wrote:
To triple post:

It's on the 2nd page, lazybones Razz

Mackeroth? wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Keon wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

[Yo, Keon. Get your butt in here]

?

Suggesting I am LJS's master?

Your omnipotent lizard gods, one of them perhaps is controlling LJS, hmm?

Well, I am. I think Keon is more of an omnipotent owl-god. hard to tell, he has switched too many times.

Anyway, I seem to notice that these stories don't really flow on from one another. If I want to post a story, does it have to have any correlation to the previous ones?

Keon's characters in his story are some sort of powerful lizard like creatures, idk. I'm sure he'll elaborate in later stories.

And if you look on the 2nd page there's an outline that I think we're all working off of. As far as I can tell, they do in fact flow, save for the odd one out here and there (Vinyl's Exion story, catsonmeth's pretty badass short, some others, not sure) The idea is we have a timeline and people just build off of that, sometimes tying in to others stories to make it cohere better.

If you do decide to contribute bear in mind that the futurecraft empire is but one faction in the United Factions, and try to stay away from declaring your faction omnipotent and lordly. In some cases it makes sense, ala Keon's, since his is very deliberate and he doesn't really have a faction, but...yeah, please, don't. Also worth noting is that in the story arc I made the Empire is fairly small. In Act II you become the chairman of the United Factions, so, either just hang in there or give some suggestions.

If you're too lazy to go back to Page 2.

Taln ('Taln')-Preparing for war, tensions are high on the Commonwealth-Taln border. Former member of UF. Notable members include <To be announced>

Commonwealth ('Commonwealth')- Discovered evidence implicating the disappeared Lord Tiel as the one of brought down the UF and are hunting him down. Believe that since Taln has not made an effort doing the latter, they support his actions, and thusly have opted to slowly invade Taln space, hoping to provoke war and 'bring Taln to justice' Former member of UF. Notable members include Commander Error.

Lord Tiel's Splinter Group- L. Tiel is a disgruntled politician but former influential military commander, he has gathered a force of people with similar ideals to his and seeks to break up any form of alliance between all the factions. He disappeared 15 standard years before the incident over the UF base of operations world, though no one except Taln and the Commonwealth know the part he played in its downfall.

Technotronic Industries ('Techno')- Lead by Daynel. Erm, not sure what's going on here, maybe comic relief? Is too pre-occupied with galactic business to even consider the prospect of war. Former member of UF.

Tactical Proficiency Industries ('Proficiency')- Lead by CEO Eliuser. On the defensive, as the other factions re-arm and amass weapons TM, weary of raids has done the same. 'Tense' faction. Former member of UF.

Keon's Lizard People- Favor the Commonwealth and seek to protect them by any means possible, though no one knows for sure what their intent for doing so is. (And yes, if all goes according to plan I'm going to pull a Forerunner trope in Act III to wrap all these 'mysterious intentions' up.)

LJS Industries ('LJSI')- Headed by LJS, has taken a neutral stance in the brewing conflict, head of a trade alliance between the Commonwealth and Taln. It seems if anyone's to defuse the situation, it's him, though for reasons unknown he has condemned Taln from taking any offensive actions, while letting the Commonwealth's ships prance about in Sovereignty space. Former member of UF.

Striigiforme ('Aliens')- Interstellar invaders whom must raid other galactic civilizations to sustain themselves, headed in Arc I by Fleetmaster ACH0225. Currently their scouting party is en route to get a foot hold in the Delta Sector so as to garner up all the valuables, later in the story they will present a common foe to everyone.

The Terran Union ('Terrans')- Generic, seek to secure their own space someone tenaciously. Also in 'tense' mode, potential conflict seen on Taln-Terran-Commonwealth border. Former member of UF. Notable members include High Captain Avenger_7

Exion Industries ('Exion')- Shakily getting back on their legs after nearly being annihiliated several centuries prior. They are currently consolidating their forces, though have made first contact with elements of a Striigiforme battlegroup. Unknown to other factions, however. Notable members include Captain Feros.

Futurecraft Empire ('Empire')

<Insert yours here>

You guys know how to read? Razz

I've said my stuff a ton of times, no one's pointed out any issues with it, so I figure we should just go with that.

Here:

Lord Tiel wrote:
Also, I thought it might be interesting if in the new UF the factions decide to elect an omnipotent chairman so as to have a central, decisive authority. They picked a little-known but seemingly gracious senator from the small FCE by the name of...Mackeroth. If you've kept tabs on what went on on Solaris, you can see where I'm going with this.

1. Lord Tiel resigns from post as chancellor, satisfied with arrangements made.
  2. United Factions dissolves into chaos and bickering as each faction leaves the alliance.
  3. Commonwealth Intel discovers evidence pointing to the disappeared Lord Tiel as the culprit of the breakup, and commissions Commander Error to hunt him down.
  4. Major battle in the works over the star E-347, disrupted by hostile alien ships opening fire on the opposing factions.
  5. SNK, the aliens, search the sector for materials to construct a massive Yittrium portal so as to call in more reinforcements to occupy the galaxy (The ships sent are merely a scouting party).
  6. Factions build a shaky alliance and attack the SNK, destroying the Portal but taking severe casualties.
  7. SNK, unaware of the true strength of the enemy, quickly arrange a peace treaty and retreat to an isolated Solar System granted to them by Declaration B-135 of the UF's constitution.
  8. The UF is reformed with a new charter and new head, factions work toward future cooperation and galactic-wide peace.
  9. Lord Tiel is murdered by seemingly rogue Commander Error, as the information regarding his part in bringing the original UF down was lost to the SNK. The commander is placed under arrest.

^Timeline of the first arc, to make things clearer. Anyone have issues with it, let me know.

I'll draft a crappily drawn version of the galaxy in paint sometime. I'll say again, if anyone has a problem with this let me know so I can change it.

Last edited by Lord Tiel on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Also, Error, you're the OP. If you don't mind, could you tack the bits of text people have been posting?

Like:

*error's textwall*

*eliuser's textwall*

the 00000's being dividers. If this is going to be a true collab it needs to be user friendly Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Triple post.

Essentially my concept is as follows:

In the beginning, chapter one, the Commonwealth sends Error after Lord Tiel (NOT WARLORD) but don't fill him in on all the details after finding evidence implicating him as the culprit of the UF breaking up. I'd like to re-assert here that Lord Tiel is not part of Taln, he is leading a splinter group...anyhow, Error and him pretty much play a cat-and-mouse game around the galaxy while the rest of it preps for war. Commonwealth believes Taln is linked to Lord Tiel's plot as they made no effort to catch him (Hint: They planted the evidence the Commonwealth found regarding him as they pretty much hate me too but can't spare the resources killing me) So they start making advances on Sovereignty space, which Taln doesn't take to kindly and goes crying to LJS about it, who tells them to suck it up and not do anything aggressive.

So at this point the Commonwealth and Taln are pretty pissed at each other for obvious reasons, Taln wondering why the hell the Comms are attacking them, and the Comms using the claims that they caused the UF fracture as an alibi for outright attacking them due to run of the mill xenophobia. What we have here is a conflict, that if initiated, could launch the galaxy into all-out war, as each of the former UF members stockpile weaponry and ships along their borders, bracing themselves for an attack from their neighbors. Eventually, after some drawing out of the story, this does happen, with Flotillas from each faction meeting in no-man's space off the star E-347. Everyone's weapons start charging and it looks pretty bad. The commonwealth needs everyone they can get there, or so they think, so they recall Commander Error just as he's about to nab Lord Tiel.

Error's pretty pissed but follows the orders. When he comes out of FTLspeed, he sees a battleground. But not the one he expected, as massive Striggiforme ships make mincemeat of the feuding faction's ships. Everyone's pretty shocked about the whole ordeal and retreat, each believing it a secret weapon released by the others. Striigiforme starts claiming the entire sector to use its resources in order to construct a Yittrium portal that will allow a larger force of ships to come in and fully exploit the region. Scout ships from each faction return to the scene of battle and see the hugeass ellipsoid portal almost done, but detect the other ships checking it out too. Curious, the Technotronics scout starts a comm channel with the Commonwealth craft, who starts one with the LJS scout, who starts one with the Tactical Proficiency scout, who starts one with the Taln scout, etc. So they're all on one channel.

After the initial insults one can expect from species on the brink of making war, they realize these truly are aliens and come aboard the Techno craft to discuss readouts. Each scout captain promises to trick their factions into meeting one another, which they do, and surprisingly form a loose alliance to combat this new enemy, impressively including Lord Tiel's forces (No one is aware of the part he played in the original UF). The massive Combined Fleet warps to screw up the Striigiform's ships and portal. Unsurprisngly, a great deal of vessels and crew are lost, but ACH0225 is suitably impressed with their efforts, as they managed to deal a ton of damage on his force, destroying or otherwise damaging near 60% of his ships. So he quickly negotiates a cease fire so as to assess the true power of these factions, and retreats to a far off solar system.

Meanwhile, a new rendition of the UF is drafted up, and as it turns out Taln decides to pardon Lord Tiel for his actions, as the sole piece of evidence was on a computer console on a cloaked Commonwealth ship that was destroyed in battle, all hands lost. He is also offered a spot on the UF council, which is led by a little-known senator from the Empire named Mackeroth. On the way there he encounters Error in a deserted hallway (I'm sure you'll enjoy righting this, Error.) and kills him. Taln doesn't vouch for error and since he has no evidence on his own, Error is charged with the murder of a high ranking official and put under arrest.

And that's the end of Arc 1. Arc 2 will probably consist of Mackeroth being overbearing and Error becoming disillusioned with the Commonwealth and the UF and starts on a quest for answers.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Hey, hey, hey, quad post.

Error, what if you made a new topic with all the stories bulleted in the OP so everything's fresh and organized? Could put whatever storyline we go off in it as well.

Also, Part II of Funny Business (ala, LJSI chapter)

The second in command of Taln Shipyards, was, in fact, fairly upset over the result of his request as he left the CEO’s office and headed down to his personal shuttle to return to the Reminiscence class fleet carrier holding position on the edge of the sector. Normally a smaller ship, such as a frigate or in rare cases, a cruiser, would be relegated to the dreary task of ferrying an official about, but these were strenuous times. The fracturing of the U.F had brought an end to an influx of business, damaging the Sovereignty’s economy…perhaps irreversibly. The Commonwealth’s task forces grew bolder and bolder by the day, pushing further into Taln space and creating a foothold for their forces to harass trade routes and shipyards. A major fleet operation would have to be undergone so as to remove the pests, siphoning off ships from patrol duty and leaving Taln’s borders all the more permeable to invaders.

It had been hoped that LJS Industries would be willing to lend a hand or otherwise aid in defusing the situation, but clearly that was no longer an option. And to add to the list of worries, Keza Forgun was high enough in the food chain to know there was a renegade influential noble on the loose, suspected of bringing down the UF to begin with. Taln simply didn’t have the resources to hunt him down, and Commonwealth Intel must have figured their inaction was due to having supported the rogue’s actions in the first place, a theory which anyone with half a brain would have immediately dismissed, as Taln had more to lose than to gain by dismantling the short-lived alliance. Claiming Taln was the catalyst of the breakdown was merely a front for unleashing their xenophobia, repressed for all these years.

Keza found it slightly amusing that while they had made the claim, they never released supporting evidence which they were clearly in possession of. A wild card, perhaps? Irregardless, the lack of it thankfully managed to deter most of the other factions from the hypothesis, opting to squabble amongst themselves rather than attack the Sovereignty’s weakened borders and fleet. After the fall of the United Factions, Taln had experienced a massive military buildup (which probably only served to reinforce the Commonwealth’s assertions) out of caution. But what use is a fleet without a comparable force to match it up against? When Taln diplomats ascertained the situation and found no conflict on the horizon, many ships had been decommissioned; many experienced crews disgruntled and sent home.

He scoffed at the grim irony of the situation. Had they been at full fleet strength there would have been more than enough ships to secure their space, perhaps even enough for the offensive operations LJS Industries so stoutly condemned. For now, however, only a handful of spacecraft squadrons were at the TDF’s disposal, which everyone knew was inadequate for the tasks at hand. Older exploratory vessels like the dated Companion class were being pressed back into service, archaic weapons systems being replaced with whatever the respective shipyards had on hand. Laser cutters, industrial mass drivers, even a strange contraption known as the ‘JRC’, an odd device that packed the old observation probes Taln had a surplus of, retrofitted with explosives, into ballistic launch tubes, creating a weapon that could be best described as a grenade launcher in space. Once ejected from the tubes the probes were typically pulled in by the enemy ship’s magnetic field, triggering an explosion once within a certain configurable proximity. Gunners typically aimed above the target to hit the weaker topmost armor on starships, creating a nice arc, hence, an outer space grenade launcher.

The whole system was quite quaint, and could even be considered comical if one didn’t consider the circumstances under which these weapons were being put into service. Ironically enough, the Commonwealth was fairly well off, their economy being based on the lower income but stabler basic trading industry. They had more than enough ships to go around, even if most of them were meant for ‘self-defense’. Keza rolled his eyes at the thought at he made his way to the shuttleport through the sparsely populated hallways. Self-defense ships his feathered ass.

Part III coming soon.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:30 pm

"Fleetmaster, enemy orbital installations are charging!" Exclaimed the Ensign of Detection.
"Move beyond their range, then deploy fighters and boarders. Order them to take them out." Ordered the Fleetmaster.
The Beauty of Annihilation danced out of the range of the orbital installations, just as lances of light pierced the starry heavens. Then, out of numerous tunnels in the hull, precisely 125 fighters and 75 boarding craft exited at high velocities. The fighters launched their missiles, weakening shields and destroying sections of hulls. Then, the boarders attached to the ships and MAC cannons, landing 15 spec ops owls each.
"Ensign of Communication, give me a link to section 42, deck 35." Ordered the Fleetmaster.
"Yes, Fleetmaster." Said the ensign.
"Charge the HIYIL." Ordered the Fleetmaster.
"On your orders." Said the other owl.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:14 pm

As promised.

My vision:
Spoiler:

The galaxy is subdivided into 4 universally known sectors, Alpha, Beta, Delta, and Epsilon. The boxes on the image represent the sectors. So that image I posted with the planets and such is but one of four, the Beta sector to be exact. Part of the reason I haven't drawn up any faction lines yet, I want to make all 4 and put them side by side, then dictate who's space is whom's. Do you think I should add more suns? I tried to keep it realistic, where suns are rare and livable terran planets even moreso, but it seems kinda sparsely populated.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:43 pm

We live, essentially, in the far reaches.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 5:18 pm

LJSI territory consists mainly of a series of fortress worlds in the Deep Core. The density of stars and changing gravity wells in the area makes it very difficult to access, keeping LJSI fairly separate from most of the galaxy. Ships entering LJSI space are forced to follow a few known safe routes through the Core.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 5:22 pm

LJSI territory consists mainly of a series of fortress worlds in the Deep Core. The density of stars and changing gravity wells in the area makes it very difficult to access, keeping LJSI fairly separate from most of the galaxy. Ships entering LJSI space are forced to follow a few known safe routes through the Core.

How does one pass through a supermassive black hole safely?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Story Time with FUTURECRAFT! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next