Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Random story time! (because i'm bored!)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

Random story time! (because i'm bored!) Empty
PostSubject: Random story time! (because i'm bored!)   Random story time! (because i'm bored!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:02 pm

here have a story.

Chapter 1
Spoiler:

The formatting got <CENSORED> so i had to correct it last minute I'm sure there are still a lot of mistakes so RESPECTFULLY alert me to them (: (If you don't mind.)

EDIT: this is my FIRST story.

Last edited by arsln100 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Random story time! (because i'm bored!)   Random story time! (because i'm bored!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Use commas, and be more creative with your dialogue. One of the first things I learned about writing was that you can't just use 'said', try 'replied' and 'exclaimed' and 'questioned', etc, any speaking related verb you can use in past tense, really. You have some of that in there but it needs more variety. Another thing you want to stay away from is including all your details in the dialogue, this should typically be in a paragraph preceding it. And again, can't emphasize enough, COMMAS.

You seem to have everything except the above down, and the story's premise seems genuinely interesting, so good work. I look forward to more.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Random story time! (because i'm bored!)   Random story time! (because i'm bored!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:27 pm

Tiel wrote:
Use commas, and be more creative with your dialogue. One of the first things I learned about writing was that you can't just use 'said', try 'replied' and 'exclaimed' and 'questioned', etc, any speaking related verb you can use in past tense, really. You have some of that in there but it needs more variety. Another thing you want to stay away from is including all your details in the dialogue, this should typically be in a paragraph preceding it. And again, can't emphasize enough, COMMAS.

You seem to have everything except the above down, and the story's premise seems genuinely interesting, so good work. I look forward to more.

Uhuh. Words's built in synonym thingy is not the best. so I will weed that chapter and work on #2.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Random story time! (because i'm bored!)   Random story time! (because i'm bored!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Nice story.
Oh and do the ship belong to any UF faction?
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Random story time! (because i'm bored!)   Random story time! (because i'm bored!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Daynel wrote:
Nice story.
Oh and do the ship belong to any UF faction?

uhh no. And thanks I should have chapter two done in a few days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random story time! (because i'm bored!)   Random story time! (because i'm bored!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random story time! (because i'm bored!)
Page 1 of 1