Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Planet-side transport

Go down 
+9
ACH0225
GLaDOS
Shiva
Red Fang
fr0stbyte124
Misticblade7
tonyri
Buggy1997123
The Schmetterling
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Planet-side transport Empty
PostSubject: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:21 pm

First, I should express:

DO NOT UNLOCK THE ROCKET POWERED PIG THREAD.

This thread is in response to the fact that I saw some sensible discussion going on there, and I thought it would be prudent to create a new topic for that discussion. Also, unless anyone has any objections, I am going to delete the Rocket Powered Pig thread at this time tomorrow.

Currently, we have the following types of planet-side travel listed on the Futurecraft page:
- Mag-lev train
- Helicopter
- Jet
- Hover tank
- ATV

Could someone please check to make sure I got all the vehicles, and tell me their stats. I only have access to my phone while on holiday, which makes it very annoying to find it for myself.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:18 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
First, I should express:

DO NOT UNLOCK THE ROCKET POWERED PIG THREAD.

This thread is in response to the fact that I saw some sensible discussion going on there, and I thought it would be prudent to create a new topic for that discussion. Also, unless anyone has any objections, I am going to delete the Rocket Powered Pig thread at this time tomorrow.

Currently, we have the following types of planet-side travel listed on the Futurecraft page:
- Mag-lev train
- Helicopter
- Jet
- Hover tank
- ATV

Could someone please check to make sure I got all the vehicles, and tell me their stats. I only have access to my phone while on holiday, which makes it very annoying to find it for myself.
I think thats all of them, and I don't think it should be deleted. Its a lesson of what not to do next time, and its also funny.

And btw, hows that Summary of Futurecraft thing going?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:17 am

Seeing as so far nobody has created Mucrisoft Word for the iOS, I can't work on it. I have the rest of today and tomorrow as full days, then the next day we leave late in the afternoon, getting home the following morning. After that, I will probably sleep for a day, then I can get back to work.
Back to top Go down
tonyri
tonyri

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:23 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Seeing as so far nobody has created Mucrisoft Word for the iOS, I can't work on it. I have the rest of today and tomorrow as full days, then the next day we leave late in the afternoon, getting home the following morning. After that, I will probably sleep for a day, then I can get back to work.
Apple created their own version of word called Pages. It is on the app store.
Back to top Go down
Misticblade7

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:56 am

And as I was saying in the Rocket Powered Cow-Pig thread:

Hovercraft.

It should consume 1.5x the energy of the ATV, be able to move over water, lava, and land, fall slowly, have no weaponry attached, hold two people, be able to handle quickly, move as fast as the ATV, be able to jump eight blocks high, and hover two blocks above the block under it.

Also, Snowmobiles for the snowy worlds.
Back to top Go down
tonyri
tonyri

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:49 am

Misticblade7 wrote:

Hovercraft.

It should consume 1.5x the energy of the ATV, be able to move over water, lava, and land, fall slowly, have no weaponry attached, hold two people, be able to handle quickly, move as fast as the ATV, be able to jump eight blocks high, and hover two blocks above the block under it.

Would regular ATVs be powered by gasoline, or electricity?
Back to top Go down
Misticblade7

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:24 pm

tonyri wrote:
Misticblade7 wrote:

Hovercraft.

Would regular ATVs be powered by gasoline, or electricity?

This is the future. We have both kinds of ATV. A certain amount of Gasoline should be equal to an amount of electricity, anyways.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:54 am

We're using gas now? I should really start keeping notes about this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Red Fang
Recruit
Recruit
Red Fang

PostSubject: Planet-side travel   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:15 am

I was noticing Dr. Makeroth's list of planet side travel types and I found that there was no drop ship. In his summary it says these are for landing on planets and recon missions. So shouldn't this be included in that list?
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:20 pm

The drop ship is a space-to-surface transport. All of these ideas on this page are planet-side only.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
tonyri
tonyri

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:58 pm

Shiva wrote:
The drop ship is a space-to-surface transport. All of these ideas on this page are planet-side only.
Shiva, I just realized that your avatar is a sword. I always thought that it was some weird upside down centipede that had pincers.

We also need to add some type of boat or jet ski.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:07 pm

After giving it some thought, I suppose you could use something like the armored suits form Avatar. Though it might be a good idea to use Plasti-Glass, to avoid the messy deaths involved with arrows piercing the glass. On stats,

Power Usage Per Second: 5, maybe more or less depending on what were using for power units.

Jump Height: 2 blocks, just for a minor improvement over infantry.

Speed: Regular walk speed would be 1.5x normal people* walk speed. Sprint (which uses 2x more power) would be 2x normal people* sprint.

Weapons: Ehh, give one, maybe two heavy machine guns on the shoulders and a large saw/sword to hold.

* Normal people, who needs 'em? We got ourselves this fancy GLaDOS that can... NO GLaDOS!! STOP RELEASING THE NEUROTOXINS! ARGHhh bleh bleh bleh.... (choking sounds). GLaDOS: Oh, I appear to be choking. Just kidding. I cannot choke. You monster. (Portal+Portal 2 reference anyone?)
Back to top Go down
Misticblade7

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:33 pm

tonyri wrote:
Shiva wrote:
Shiva, I just realized that your avatar is a sword. I always thought that it was some weird upside down centipede that had pincers.

Yes... speedboats...

Also, we need some naval ships as well. Something that a cruiser could land and let out. Think smaller planetary aircraft carriers and naval cruisers. And submarines.
Back to top Go down
tonyri
tonyri

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:34 am

Misticblade7 wrote:
tonyri wrote:
Shiva wrote:

Yes... speedboats...

Also, we need some naval ships as well. Something that a cruiser could land and let out. Think smaller planetary aircraft carriers and naval cruisers. And submarines.
Nothing can possibly be better than chillin' 200 meters from the enemies base underwater with enough missiles to level a 10 mile radius. It would probably use the same process as space ships to build and operate. The mod is made for space ships, but I don't see what would be stopping you from making a battleship.
Back to top Go down
Misticblade7

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:39 am

tonyri wrote:
Misticblade7 wrote:
tonyri wrote:
Shiva wrote:

Yes... speedboats...

Nothing can possibly be better than chillin' 200 meters from the enemies base underwater with enough missiles to level a 10 mile radius. It would probably use the same process as space ships to build and operate.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be able to get the spaceship stuff as a standalone mod to make airships in SSP, in addition to playing on a server. It's beginning to look like it will overtake the zeppelin mod in a number of ways.
Back to top Go down
tonyri
tonyri

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 2:16 am

Yea, i'm starting to think that instead of one big mod, it could be released as a package, where copernicus is one mod, space ship stuff is another, robots is another, ect.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 4:26 am

Misticblade7 wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be able to get the spaceship stuff as a standalone mod to make airships in SSP, in addition to playing on a server. It's beginning to look like it will overtake the zeppelin mod in a number of ways.
The primary goal of Copernicus is to replace the zeppelin mod. It's fun and I respect what they've accomplished with it but from a technical standpoint it is a dead end.

tonyri wrote:

Yea, i'm starting to think that instead of one big mod, it could be released as a package, where copernicus is one mod, space ship stuff is another, robots is another, ect.
Like expansion packs or DLC? I'm thinking that wouldn't be so bad either.

Also do you have any concept of just how large 10 miles is in Minecraft? That is an incredibly unreasonable yield for a weapon in this game. Not happening. It would ruin your computer.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:18 pm

daman200 wrote:
After giving it some thought, I suppose you could use something like the armored suits form Avatar. Though it might be a good idea to use Plasti-Glass, to avoid the messy deaths involved with arrows piercing the glass. On stats,

Power Usage Per Second: 5, maybe more or less depending on what were using for power units.

Speed: Regular walk speed would be 1.5x normal people* walk speed. Sprint (which uses 2x more power) would be 2x normal people* sprint.

Weapons: Ehh, give one, maybe two heavy machine guns on the shoulders and a large saw/sword to hold.

* Normal people, who needs 'em? We got ourselves this fancy GLaDOS that can... NO GLaDOS!! STOP RELEASING THE NEUROTOXINS! ARGHhh bleh bleh bleh.... (choking sounds). GLaDOS: Oh, I appear to be choking. Just kidding. I cannot choke. You monster. (Portal+Portal 2 reference anyone?)
You do a horrible GLaDOS impression.

And yes, 10 miles is HUGE
Back to top Go down
Misticblade7

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 10:15 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Misticblade7 wrote:

The primary goal of Copernicus is to replace the zeppelin mod. It's fun and I respect what they've accomplished with it but from a technical standpoint it is a dead end.

Ooooh... Okay then. Sounds cool. Would you be willing to say that Copernicus as an airship mod will be availabe "soon"? ...Maybe with a fueling system? ...And a physics system..?

Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:25 am

In the post on the minecraft forums, the helicopter can only hold 2 people, but I think they should be able to hold around 6, so then they can be used as transports for stealth missions, and dropships can be used for big troop drops. Also, what about cloaking for various ships, say a reconaissance-frigate, that can turn invisible in a pinch and also have some sort of chat listener for other servers chat. Might be problematic to code, but idk I'm not a coder. Maybe notch left some code from the invisibility potion...
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:58 am

Buggy1997123 wrote:
daman200 wrote:

You do a horrible GLaDOS impression.

And yes, 10 miles is HUGE

I believe 1 block is 3 feet, and 1 mile is around 5100, so... My lord. 10 miles IS huge.

It's hard to impersonate a super-computer AI that is immoral. You know, I wonder why she doesn't just kill you in Portal 2? I mean, you did destroy her "conscience" in Portal 1.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 1:40 am

Why the hell is everyone so concerned about planet side transport?

This is based in the future, there wont be helicopters, airplanes, cars or @#%@ hover craft, those will be obsolete. Need freshness, not "zomg me want helicoptor!"

Can't wait to finish this server-side junk, I'm gona code a damn Marauder Battle-suit and put your little BS hover boats to shame!!! (but don't hold me to it lol, I might not follow through)
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 3:29 am

Screw Marauders, code yourself a nice set of Mark VIII powered armor for your space marine.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 3:33 am

I would like to see a high-speed rail line. Something more subway than minecart.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 3:49 am

Shiva wrote:
Screw Marauders, code yourself a nice set of Mark VIII powered armor for your space marine.

Well I sort of intended to go down that line. I'm pretty sure people will be cool with what I release once I get back to items/armor/weapons. Speaking of which, I need to get in touch with Doc so he can give me a list of Ore's, Ingots, items, weapons blah blah, that we're going to need added in.

I'm far enough along with the server monitor that I can afford to take a little break from it.

FrostByte wrote:
I would like to see a high-speed rail line. Something more subway than minecart.

Hummm, I wonder... I'm not sure if it would be easier to simply modify whats there, or make new ones entirely, but I could see eventually adding a monorail style track, and I think that would be cool with some new wiring techniques for making automated/timed transportation systems. Thought will need to go into that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planet-side transport   Planet-side transport Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planet-side transport
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next