Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome

Go down 
+5
Shiva
Iv121
blockman42
Tiel+
Avenger_7
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Empty
PostSubject: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Ok, this game looks so much better than Minecraft. It's still in the very early alpha, so there should be more tile sets (blocks) coming out before long.

And it has realistic physics and, of course....

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!

And did I mention that it's free right now?

Last edited by Avenger_7 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:07 pm

I'm downloading it.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:05 am

looks really good
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:20 am

How deep can you go into space ? For me it looks like it's just a higher ceiling. not real space.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:22 am

I haven't been to space personally, but I think that if there's a build ceiling, it'll be ridiculously far up there. Plenty of potential for asteroid bases, and if there isn't, people will complain until they get it.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:42 am

Holy cow... I call first ODST drop!
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 5:11 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
I haven't been to space personally, but I think that if there's a build ceiling, it'll be ridiculously far up there. Plenty of potential for asteroid bases, and if there isn't, people will complain until they get it.

Problem is that if it's a ceiling all the way up you'll have gravity towards the planet, which is not that spacey. The main problem is that the map is flat while the planet is round. It means that in order to convert that flat planet into a round one there will be need in some sort of a transition or loading screen. This will allow the devs much more freedom to make the space cool .
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:34 am

Ì tried it. It has a potential but its in too early stage of development for me, can't tolerate the constant screen fade-outs (Every 2 mins, then you have to exit the game and re-enter it)
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:37 am

It looks like Futurecraft on steroids.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:14 am

Where do I get it.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:19 am

wow, that looks REALLY good
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:54 am

I have a good feeling about this one. But then I seem to have a good feeling about most of them.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:12 am

With so many diff variations of minecraft each one of them won't get a lot less attention ...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:14 am

Iv121 wrote:
With so many diff variations of minecraft each one of them won't get a lot less attention ...

You're unteachable Iv.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:35 am

Hey I didn't say its a rip-off. Besides when there are many similar products (And yes they are similar) people divide their attention between the products. As there is a limited number of audience interested in the genre there will be less people per product for each product added.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Hey I didn't say its a rip-off. Besides when there are many similar products (And yes they are similar) people divide their attention between the products. As there is a limited number of audience interested in the genre there will be less people per product for each product added.

While that's true, this one is supposed to be centered around PvP than anything else. Also, this is the first playable release of the game, so I'm betting bugs will be smoothed over in time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome   Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starforge: Minecraft, Plus Awesome
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: