Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Minecraft 1.3 is Up

Go down 
+4
ACH0225
Keon
torrentialAberration
Laserbilly
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

Minecraft 1.3 is Up Empty
PostSubject: Minecraft 1.3 is Up   Minecraft 1.3 is Up Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Anyone try 1.3.1 yet?
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.3 is Up   Minecraft 1.3 is Up Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:25 pm

yes.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.3 is Up   Minecraft 1.3 is Up Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:10 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
yes.

Any thoughts or comments on it?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.3 is Up   Minecraft 1.3 is Up Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:21 pm

I wrote a book. I felt so good because signs are stupid to write with.

There's too much. I just can't keep up with it all. If it had been 6 updates, I could handle it.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.3 is Up   Minecraft 1.3 is Up Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Keon wrote:
I wrote a book. I felt so good because signs are stupid to write with.

There's too much. I just can't keep up with it all. If it had been 6 updates, I could handle it.

Agreed. Books are awesome, but we should be able to store them in bookcases. I also like the new creative inventory.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.3 is Up   Minecraft 1.3 is Up Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Haven't tried trading but I hear it's unbalanced, and that sugarcane is worth more than diamond or some such.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.3 is Up   Minecraft 1.3 is Up Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:34 pm

It's a variable. Variables must be eliminated
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.3 is Up   Minecraft 1.3 is Up Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:42 pm

Creeeeeeeeeepyyyy owwwwwlllllll.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.3 is Up   Minecraft 1.3 is Up Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:54 pm

Scanning INSERT NAME HERE for variables.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.3 is Up   Minecraft 1.3 is Up Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:48 am

I'm trying it now. So far it's been really awful. They did a number on the engine.

Lighting is all sorts of screwed up and chunk loading is just plane bad. Credit where credit is due, though, tnt chains run really smoothly.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.3 is Up   Minecraft 1.3 is Up Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:23 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
I'm trying it now. So far it's been really awful. They did a number on the engine.

Lighting is all sorts of screwed up and chunk loading is just plane bad. Credit where credit is due, though, tnt chains run really smoothly.

They said that chunk loading and lighting was supposed to have been improved! So has it, or is that just the high-level programmer speaking?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.3 is Up   Minecraft 1.3 is Up Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:41 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

They said that chunk loading and lighting was supposed to have been improved! So has it, or is that just the high-level programmer speaking?

I think he means "If they do want to improve it, they should do it right."
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.3 is Up   Minecraft 1.3 is Up Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 9:42 am

Have you played it yet? Nearly every overhang now has unlit areas. It's never been close to this bad before. And it's very possible that loading has been improved, but the actual rendering pipeline is worse than ever. I think the sorting is gone completely now. Only way you can guarantee the loading of a chunk in a reasonable amount of time is to be standing in it.

I'm going to look into using the occlusion culling technique from way back when to replace the missing sorting method. It won't increase the draw rate, but it will give visible chunks first priority, so it will look like it is filling in much faster. There are some other people on the Cubic Chunks team interested in fixing the lighting problems, or at least figuring out why they are happening so frequently now.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.3 is Up   Minecraft 1.3 is Up Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 2:07 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Have you played it yet? Nearly every overhang now has unlit areas. It's never been close to this bad before. And it's very possible that loading has been improved, but the actual rendering pipeline is worse than ever. I think the sorting is gone completely now. Only way you can guarantee the loading of a chunk in a reasonable amount of time is to be standing in it.

I'm going to look into using the occlusion culling technique from way back when to replace the missing sorting method. It won't increase the draw rate, but it will give visible chunks first priority, so it will look like it is filling in much faster. There are some other people on the Cubic Chunks team interested in fixing the lighting problems, or at least figuring out why they are happening so frequently now.
So sayeth our lord and savior...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.3 is Up   Minecraft 1.3 is Up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minecraft 1.3 is Up
Page 1 of 1