Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )

Go down 
+19
Commander Kobialka
ACH0225
Potato
Commander Error
fr0stbyte124
Iv121
Hierarch Fenway
Dux Tell31
Beaner
Red Fang
Shiva
Danice123
GLaDOS
Laibach
Last_Jedi_Standing
hiloser12221
Keon
Tiel+
Pat Best
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:36 am

If you know you're gonna wipe the floor with it, isn't it time to upgrade to the next difficulty?
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:47 am

Sorry, I guess I meant unfair. At the moment my head is filled with Reapers.

BTW, M-13 Raptor V>all
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:50 am

I don't even remember what the difficulty order is/

Easy
Normal
Hard
Unfair
Cruel
Vicious?

Also, I'm quite fond of my Black Widow VII and Mathock VII
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:31 am

The hell did you get them above five?

Any rate... I believe what I'm saying is that I'll be ready for this next game.

And I'll be ringing my homeworld with defenses this time >.> 2 rings. Inner/outer. Maybe three if I can swing a Tactical pact and the Tacslot upgrade the Advent have.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 12:33 pm

Which ending did you get / choose?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Pat (the) Best on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:39 pm

SPOILERS! Gosh.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Psh.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:54 pm

I tried uploading the battle for Tenebra to youtube but then I realised uploading all five parts of it would take all night so nope.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:01 pm

I hope I can play tomorrow, my mom is probably going to conscript me to help varnish the floors

ehh, at least my motherboard is ready for pickup
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:44 pm

I
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:12 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:30 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Anyone up for a brief 1v1?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Good news everyone!

I may no longer have a job in a few weeks, opening my thursday and friday nights for sins games.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Pat (the) Best wrote:
Good news everyone!

I may no longer have a job in a few weeks, opening my thursday and friday nights for sins games.
Yay?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Pat (the) Best wrote:
Good news everyone!

Yay?

Yes, yay.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 7:04 pm

Pat (the) Best wrote:
Good news everyone!

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGYe9iUYEG2ZY2N2hJMlLGGnJoFcvQ4R4_7exqamThP4xWSpti
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 7:11 pm

I just wiped the floor with a Hard AI, progress from it being the inverse with an Easy one just a few weeks back.

Things I learned this match:

• Vasari frigates are tough as nails
  • Defensive Structures are very potent
  • Pirates are scrubs and are nothing to be afraid of
  • Advent capital ships go down real easy
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 7:45 pm

Tiel wrote:
I just wiped the floor with a Hard AI, progress from it being the inverse with an Easy one just a few weeks back.

Things I learned this match:

• Vasari frigates are tough as nails
  • Defensive Structures are very potent
  • Pirates are scrubs and are nothing to be afraid of
  • Advent capital ships go down real easy

Vasari frigates are indeed tough as nails. Thats one of the reasons my rush didnt work. I may have had more Disciple vessels but those things are like tissue paper compared to your ravastras. ( Luckily for me, though, they are also very inexpensive and when upgraded can still be of great use in late game )

Couldn't say about the Advent cap ships though. I know with fully upgraded shields, a few Iconus guardians and a progenitor, they hardly ever go down. In fact, nothing in the entire fleet hardly ever dies when you've got those ships supporting it.

I know, though, that Advent overall rely on their shields more than their hulls, and the Vasari's Phase Missiles exploit that fact by bypassing the shields entirely.
Fully upgrading the shields takes a lot of resources and research structures.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 7:59 pm

I should've added 'on their own' to that line. With overlapping abilities it's nigh impossible to destroy one, which makes an early game rush all the more feasible. Throughout my AI match it would accumulate resources and make caps 1 at a time and send them against the fleet I had at its homeworld. A trio of ravastras and a colony cap at half health beat the waves of its solo capital ships without taking any losses.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:01 pm

I do suppose that matches the whole "The Unity" thing, where one alone is doomed but several together are powerful.

But still, it's a high level cap killing a level 1 cap. The difference in basic firepower is considerable, not to mention the ability bonuses.
I mean, I had a level 3 Radiance once, with considerably upgraded shields, taking on pirates, and the shields were regenerating faster than the pirates could bring them down.

...but I really hate that the Radiance is the only Battleship that can't fire all three of its weapons to a frontal target.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:27 pm

What's a good number of repair cruisers? And the support cruisers? I never use them, likely part of the reason I fail so hard late game Razz
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:32 pm

I don't know how the Vasari repair cruisers work. The TEC ones are godlike so having a ton of them is good, but the Advent ones have this little flaw that they actually have to turn and face whatever ship it is they're trying to fix, which takes time and if that ship is moving, it may never acquire its target. I usually bring some and manually force them to repair the ships I want with micro but never more than 20 in a full fleet. Guardians and Progenitors are my best bet.

Advent Repair Platforms, however, are stronger than TEC ( and Vasari ones I think), baseline. TEC repair hulls for 20 per sec while Advent 30 per sec. The energy cost is increased, but in the heat of battle, stronger faster healing will win over a more anti-matter cheap heal. After all, if your ships die because they were not being healed enough, then its not really working right.

I just remembered that the Advent ones do have another ability which I should use more often: it disables enemy ships, rendering them useless and free kills. Also, the hull repair ability removes any disability effects on friendly ships.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Heh, you made me look at the manual again. The two vessels I looked at have a lot of special abilities potentially deadly to the Advent faction.

The first, Advent are extremely mobile compared to the Vasari; most of the latter's abilities involve routing power from the engines to weapons. I can make Advent reinforcements arrive slower via phase space.

Secondly, shields go bye bye. Another pretty cool ability that I forsee will have a large degree of usefulness against the whole Progenitor deal you have going on.

Thirdly, Armor. Instead of repairs I can deploy another layer of tough armor. That's three layers of crap you have to burn through.

Last edited by Tiel on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Tiel wrote:
Heh, you made me look at the manual again. The two vessels I looked at have a lot of special abilities potentially deadly to the Advent faction.

Which two vessels and what abilities?

Also note that it's important to know what the Advent are capable of before thinking that something will be deadly against them. Against a well built sizeable Advent fleet, anything with abilities won't be useful very long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next