Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics Empty
PostSubject: Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics   Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:47 pm

I wanted to re-release this as I have now officially finished it. All races, all the ships, and in comparative size to one another.

Sizing:
Cobalt Light Frigate - 100 Blocks long
Kodiak Heavy Cruiser - 270 Blocks long
Kol Battleship - 770 Blocks long
Jarrasul Evacuator - 910 Blocks long

Download from here - sins.r00t.la

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics   Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:13 pm

Unfortunately, since MCEdit doesn't support the new height limit yet (or doesn't seem to at least) Some of the bigger ships won't be able to be put into worlds yet.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics   Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Are you using the unstable build?
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics   Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Yup. Am I doing it wrong?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics   Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:37 pm

What extractor are you using for the raw models, and what are you using to translate them into .schematics? I've looked at Vinbox and Obj2Mc, but I can't seem to figure out how to make the end result larger as you have done.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics   Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:52 pm

I am using binvox for converting the .obj files to schematics and using 3ds max and a sins importer tool I found on their forum to extract the models from the game.

My script that I run binvox with is this:
Code:
binvox NAME.obj -t schematic -bi 1 -d SIZE -e -c -dc

I calculated the size of the ships by taking the size of the ship on my screen (yes, I measured my screen...) and then multiplied it by the distance away the camera was (the game provided that within the debug info). Then I multiplied by .025 to get the number of blocks long the ship was. SIZE in the script up there represents the largest length of the three axis's. I got .025 by comparing the length*distance away of the cobalt cruiser to 100 blocks, as that is the size I wanted it to be. Everything else is comparative to that. I though that it worked out pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics   Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Oh, didn't know there was a size option in vinbox. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics   Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:20 pm

The ships may be accurate when compared to each other, but for a Kol to be 770 blocks - or 770 meters long, makes it fall quite short of it's actual size, which is closer to 4KM in length.

Still, good job and I'm getting these right now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics   Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:25 pm

Gah, MCedit won't import the file, memory error!
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics   Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:54 am

Pat Best wrote:
The ships may be accurate when compared to each other, but for a Kol to be 770 blocks - or 770 meters long, makes it fall quite short of it's actual size, which is closer to 4KM in length.

Since the max size that Binvox can export to is 1024 blocks long, 4KM isn't possible. This approximate 1/4 scale works out really well for use of the ships as well. My 100 block long Cobalt is just about the size I would want it to be.

MCEdit isn't working for you? Hmm... Personally I had no problem importing it, just when I actually placed it into the map it didn't fit. Parts were cut off...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics   Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:04 am

Danice123 wrote:
I am using binvox for converting the .obj files to schematics and using 3ds max and a sins importer tool I found on their forum to extract the models from the game.

My script that I run binvox with is this:
Code:
binvox NAME.obj -t schematic -bi 1 -d SIZE -e -c -dc

I calculated the size of the ships by taking the size of the ship on my screen (yes, I measured my screen...) and then multiplied it by the distance away the camera was (the game provided that within the debug info). Then I multiplied by .025 to get the number of blocks long the ship was. SIZE in the script up there represents the largest length of the three axis's. I got .025 by comparing the length*distance away of the cobalt cruiser to 100 blocks, as that is the size I wanted it to be. Everything else is comparative to that. I though that it worked out pretty well.

What are the sizes? Do I just set it to 1024 and call it a day?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics   Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:24 am

Danice123 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Since the max size that Binvox can export to is 1024 blocks long, 4KM isn't possible. This approximate 1/4 scale works out really well for use of the ships as well. My 100 block long Cobalt is just about the size I would want it to be.

MCEdit isn't working for you? Hmm... Personally I had no problem importing it, just when I actually placed it into the map it didn't fit. Parts were cut off...

The smaller ships work, but when I try to import a capital ship it gives me a memory error.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics   Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Legion wrote:

What are the sizes? Do I just set it to 1024 and call it a day?
Depends on how large you want the ship to be really. I would say try to avoid making it too big to fit in a minecraft world, but other than that you can experiment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics   Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sins of a Solar Empire Ship Schematics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Ship Design Area-
Jump to: