Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )

Go down 
+19
Commander Kobialka
ACH0225
Potato
Commander Error
fr0stbyte124
Iv121
Hierarch Fenway
Dux Tell31
Beaner
Red Fang
Shiva
Danice123
GLaDOS
Laibach
Last_Jedi_Standing
hiloser12221
Keon
Tiel+
Pat Best
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:56 pm

Allright, how much does it cost, and is it worth it. I'll think about getting it. Also, how long does a game last and how much replay value does it have?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:59 pm

20 bucks, it is worth it, no clue, and AI matches never get dull. And the Rebellion expansion pack is on the horizon as well.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:00 am

Keon wrote:
Allright, how much does it cost, and is it worth it. I'll think about getting it. Also, how long does a game last and how much replay value does it have?

For the game and both its expansions, 20$.

One game of the smallest kind, a 1-star 1v1, will last you a few hours.

A massive game of 12 players over several star systems ( there's no actual limit to how many stars you can have, only what your computer can handle ) the maximum pre-set game map is 12 stars, can last you days, possibly a week. If it's against human players, this one game could last you months, assuming you're all about equal and keep surviving.

There's no actual single-player campaign, there's only play vs CPU or play vs Human online but the games are very long, very engaging, and there are several ways to achieve victory.

And unlike Starcraft, where the unit supply limit is 200, this one packs a maximum supply limit of around 2500.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:01 am

You neglected to mention the epic visuals and equally awesome soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:08 am

Pat22 ( The One. ) wrote:
Keon wrote:

A massive game of 12 players over several star systems ( there's no actual limit to how many stars you can have, only what your computer can handle ) the maximum pre-set game map is 12 stars, can last you days, possibly a week. If it's against human players, this one game could last you months, assuming you're all about equal and keep surviving.

There's no actual single-player campaign, there's only play vs CPU or play vs Human online but the games are very long, very engaging, and there are several ways to achieve victory.

And unlike Starcraft, where the unit supply limit is 200, this one packs a maximum supply limit of around 2500.

You sit. In front of the computer. For a month?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:09 am

Keon wrote:
Keon wrote:

You sit. In front of the computer. For a month?

Well no see, there's this awesome feature where you can save a multiplayer game and resume with all the players, so when I say a month I mean like 2-3 nights week you guys all get online and continue your game.

Just like people used to do with super long RISK games and things, every weekend gather around the table and continue the global conquest where they left off last time.

Oh and yes, the visuals are awesome. At one time, you can zoom out maximum to view the entire known universe and watch your empire grow, and then you can zoom in all the way to focus your camera on a single fighter pilot flying through a massive space battle in orbit around a planet, and you watch him zig zag amongst the exploding ships, laser beams, missiles, defenses and it's just really epic.

I've got a cool video that shows small-scale battles that I can link you once I get on my home PCs.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:12 am

Is everything in realtime or is it turn based? I'll watch a lp or something.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:14 am

Keon wrote:
Is everything in realtime or is it turn based? I'll watch a lp or something.

Real-time.

It's a new genre of Real-Time strategy, I don't quite remember what they called it but yeah, real-time.

However, the game is slow-paced enough that you can leave your PC and go to the bathroom with the game running and come back without anything catastrophic having happened to you.

I quite often minimize the game and go spend 5-10 minutes on the internet while I wait for my cash to pile up to pay some new fleet or research.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:17 am

Hey, you could start downloading it tonight and have it ready to play tomorrow!...

Or tonight depending what time you go to sleep and what time it is in your time zone right now.

Silly me, again.

here's that video I mentioned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtbqsQQU41U
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:23 am

Hey, you could start downloading it tonight and have it ready to play tomorrow!...

Or tonight depending what time you go to sleep and what time it is in your time zone right now.

Silly me, again.

20 bucks...

Heh, I'll think about it. Is there a trial or anything? It seems cool.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:25 am

Keon wrote:

Silly me, again.

20 bucks...

Heh, I'll think about it. Is there a trial or anything? It seems cool.

I do believe there is a free trial, lets you do the tutorials and then lets you play freely for like 24 hours or so, but only as the TEC, that's the generic human race, that Trader's Emergency Council.

But thats 20$ for one game and two expansions, and the expansions pack some awesome new features like star bases and diplomacy.

The diplomacy expansion really enhances the AI's.... artificial intelligence. Without it, AI players all gang up on the one human player, but with it they actually fight each other.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:43 am

So, Tiel, hows about a 2v2 tomorrow?

...assuming I can remember my ironclad online password again...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:49 am

I'm down with that.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:51 am

Oh hey, fun fact:

You can rename all of your planets and capital ships to whatever you want.

I once had an empire comprised of planets called Mike, Mary, Bob, Robert, John, Sarah, etc...

"Nooooooo, planet Bob!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:53 am

Oh hey, fun fact:

I once had an empire comprised of planets called Mike, Mary, Bob, Robert, John, Sarah, etc...

And capital ships named "Earth", "Mars", "Jupiter"?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:58 am

Keon wrote:
Oh hey, fun fact:

And capital ships named "Earth", "Mars", "Jupiter"?

No, but that could be funny.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:27 am

The One. wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Tiel wrote:
I'm saying there has to be at least one more person here on the forums with the game.

Oh, well Last Jedi mentioned he hates it when his star systems get mind controlled so he might be hinting that either he has it or he's just making a joke because nobody would like it if your star systems get mind controlled.

If not we can always have a 2v2v2 with 2 comp teams, to keep things interesting.
No, I was joking. I've never heard of this game. I just say that automatically.

There's a star wars mod for this game, so you can fly armadas of Star Destroyers into battle.

Your interest level has just raised by over 9000.
Yes...Yes it was. I'll have to check this out.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:51 am

That is how I want jumps to be handled. In fact, that is how I want futurecraft to be handled.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:54 am

Keon wrote:

That is how I want jumps to be handled. In fact, that is how I want futurecraft to be handled.

ALL HANDS, PREPARE FOR PHASE JUMP!

Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:01 pm

The One. wrote:
Keon wrote:

ALL HANDS, PREPARE FOR PHASE JUMP!

Oh, now he's just The One.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:56 pm

I played vasari today. 3 fleets of 1 Kortul and 20 Ravastras apiece Cool

This was against an AI, though. It almost beat me, too, had I not pulled in reinforcements at the last second. Bloody cowardly AI.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Tiel wrote:
I played vasari today. 3 fleets of 1 Kortul and 20 Ravastras apiece Cool

This was against an AI, though. It almost beat me, too, had I not pulled in reinforcements at the last second. Bloody cowardly AI.

I'm currently trying to salvage a game which I started horribly ( by spreading my empire, caputring planets very far appart, and then spending the rest of the game being under attack at every one of them at the same time )

The Vasari empire is my main enemy right now, he's got a huge fleet and the largest empire. I'm going to mass up something massive to take out his entire fleet at once.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:03 pm

There we go, my superior fleet has finally obliterated his.

Now I bask in my glory!
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:04 pm

The One. wrote:

Now I bask in my glory!

Now you find out it was his joke fleet and the real one has warped to your home planet...
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Keon wrote:
The One. wrote:

Now I bask in my glory!

Now you find out it was his joke fleet and the real one has warped to your home planet...

Funny thing, I saved the game and quit cause I'm going to a friend's house and I looked a the fleet chart.

I took out only about 1/5th of his full fleet, the rest was elsewhere. Although I did so without losing a single one of my ships.

What's left of his fleet is still slightly larger than mine.

But no worries! I'm packing the most powerful capital ships in the entire game, along with a good fleet composition. I've got the strongest economy and I'm gaining ground. My culture has spread to over half the planets. Soon the whole system will be in my grasp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next