Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )

Go down 
+19
Commander Kobialka
ACH0225
Potato
Commander Error
fr0stbyte124
Iv121
Hierarch Fenway
Dux Tell31
Beaner
Red Fang
Shiva
Danice123
GLaDOS
Laibach
Last_Jedi_Standing
hiloser12221
Keon
Tiel+
Pat Best
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Oh, then the Network is "Sins of a Future Empire" password Futurecraft.

Tiel and I can play tonight and we can all play tomorrow. Sound good?
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:31 pm

connected, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:34 pm

Shiva wrote:
Oh, then the Network is "Sins of a Future Empire" password Futurecraft.

Tiel and I can play tonight and we can all play tomorrow. Sound good?

No, you must suffer with me!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Seriously though, go ahead.

Then Tiel can tell me if you're better than me or not.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Of course, my amazing computer possesses hosting powers that neither of your laptops can hope to match!

Mwahahahahaha!

If I recall correctly, last time I tried to host a game from my laptop, neither the game nor my laptop were happy about it.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Holy shit this... this is amazing

Im so frikkin glad my birthday's next week

getting rebellion first chance I get

that is the most amazing thing I've ever seen

I need to stop talking

now
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:32 pm

coalminingalchemist wrote:
Holy shit this... this is amazing

Im so frikkin glad my birthday's next week

getting rebellion first chance I get

that is the most amazing thing I've ever seen

I need to stop talking

now

Rebellion is still in very early beta, only the TEC are playable right now and I saw a few bugs during my two short games, namely Titans and capital ships colliding with each other when trying to get into jump formation and thus both remaining stuck there.

If you get it for your birthday, it would be a pre-order, or you could always get Sins Trinity and play with us right now Very Happy ( + a discount on pre order of rebellion if you have Trinity )
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:54 pm

really? then I'll ask for trinity and buy rebellion with money from my computer account

BLLLAAAAARFDFS

I can't wait, the mega-ships are the most amazing thing I've ever seen

EDIT: I'm apparently about to be wiped off the face of the earth by a tornado so wish me luck
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:57 pm

really? then I'll ask for trinity and buy rebellion with money from my computer account

BLLLAAAAARFDFS

EDIT: I'm apparently about to be wiped off the face of the earth by a tornado so wish me luck

Tornadoes are no match for the Akylon Titan!

I got to try the two currently available titans, they really are awesome. There's just so damn much weapons fire emanating from a single source, it's godly. I jumped a lone Titan into an entire pirate base, it then proceeded to basically raise a literal wall of fire around itself, obliterating all enemy ships that got in range.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:59 pm

I just sat and watched it for five minutes of pure pleasure, as I watched the endless stream of death illuminate my 24 inch HD monitor.

Can't wait to see what the Advent Titan ships bring to the fight.

Last edited by Pat (the) Best on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Who has heard about Sins of a Dark Age? To me it doesn't look that good. Probably won't have phase jumps, either.

Phase jumps make me feel powerful.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Keon wrote:
Who has heard about Sins of a Dark Age? To me it doesn't look that good. Probably won't have phase jumps, either.

It's Stardock's new upcoming game, which will probably be like a medieval version of Sins of a Solar Empire, so only catapults will be able to Phase jump.

Obviously galactic space combat > medieval combat but I think we should wait and see, if Sins of a Solar Empire is any indicator of talent, and with the funding brought with its great success, Dark Age might end up being a greater incarnation of Age of Empires.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:07 pm

Pat (the) Best wrote:
Keon wrote:

It's Stardock's new upcoming game, which will probably be like a medieval version of Sins of a Solar Empire, so only catapults will be able to Phase jump.

Obviously galactic space combat > medieval combat but I think we should wait and see, if Sins of a Solar Empire is any indicator of talent, and with the funding brought with its great success, Dark Age might end up being a greater incarnation of Age of Empires.

Age of Empires wouldn't be that hard to beat, in my opinion. Dark Age looks cool. Still, wait until somebody mods a Vasari faction into Dark Age.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:29 pm

Keon wrote:

Phase jumps make me feel powerful.

They do, both when they begin ( especially the Titans, with jump windows as large as entire planets ) and when they arrive at destination and an entire fleet suddenly materializes at the edge of a gravity well.

I only wish the sound they made when they exit the phase jump was louder, so we could hear it without having to be zoomed all the way in.

Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:38 pm

I'm still the only guy I know who plays Advent. Most people just go TEC and mass LRM's, several others play Vasari, but yeah, no Advent.

I am their only hope.

Unless... hmmm

Quote :
1- Advent or TEC all the way. I know their strengths and weaknesses well.

Success! Shiva has joined me!

Except for one little thing:

The Advent have NO weakness!!!!
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:43 pm

there hasn't been a good medieval rts in a while, I think anyway

the last one I really liked was this XD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empires:_Dawn_of_the_Modern_World

I got it after it had lived its glory days, my first real video game, really

EDIT: I've never played multiplayer so my tactical ability is pretty underdeveloped

I think anyway, my only strategy is to become an uber-economy and very, very slowly, fortify my outer planets, build my fleet as far as it goes and then spread planet to planet

I'm also more of a researcher, and I really don't think I should be saying this Razz

also I usually play on more realistic maps, never more than 20 planet(toid)s a star, but a lot of stars
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:59 pm

BLLLAAAAARFDFS

Yeah. I just had to carry the cat up and down the basement stairs twice in an hour. The tornadoes seem to be going away, though.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:02 am

lol, our basement is 50 feet away and across a creek

not even raining here, and I'm outside of Atlanta(terminus)

seriously, all of the past tornado things in Georgia have never affected me in the least

no damage at all
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:05 am

seriously, all of the past tornado things in Georgia have never affected me in the least

no damage at all
We had some thunderstorms a little while ago, but it's calmed down now.

I live in a flood plain, so my basement is an above-ground concrete bunker with 12-foot ceilings. I even have an elevator shaft to huddle in.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:07 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:

no damage at all

I live in a flood plain, so my basement is an above-ground concrete bunker with 12-foot ceilings. I even have an elevator shaft to huddle in.

holy crap that's amazing Very Happy

we have a block basement that's from the cold war, so sound sits never had a leak

that thing must be 50 years old

even has a little trench thing for hiding from them damned ruskis, and/or radiation
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:14 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:

no damage at all

holy crap that's amazing Very Happy

we have a block basement that's from the cold war, so sound sits never had a leak

that thing must be 50 years old

even has a little trench thing for hiding from them damned ruskis, and/or radiation
That sounds like it would be about as effective as mine, though. My basement wouldn't stop enemies at all. It has garage doors on one side so it can be used as a parking garage if necessary, but there are three 1-foot concrete walls between that and the elevator shaft, so I wouldn't have to worry about flying debris. You could drive right through the doors, if you wanted to. You'd still have to climb about 15 feet of stairs to get to the house.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:49 am

Back on topic gais

Despite my crappy i3 350m and crappy bandwidth, shiva reports no lag Very Happy

We played for about 2 hours, first we ganged up on the lone AI, then went to war. I had this grand master stratagem in place but Shiva moved his homeworld, which bummed my efforts. I did manage to take out a capital ship though:

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Sinslol

And here you also see my late game Scout armada. I eventually surrendered though lol, Shiva's too good for me, whether I have a larger fleet or not. Overall, a very fun experience Smile

Can't wait till tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:49 am

I just beat Tiel ^_^ the Radiance-class Battleship HMS Hermione thoroughly thrashed several different planets and two of his battleships (at once) before finally being destroyed due to a navigation error. (read, I told her to jump without a fleet and instead she chose not to jump at all). Fortunately her successor was already coming out of another cap yard on the other side of the map, and the Starbase Ginevra was standing guard over the homeworld with a full flush of meteorites.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Bee-tee-dubs, Tiel, Shiva is a she.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:51 am

I wish I recorded the meteors killing all the scouts, that was the turning point of the whole charade, I think. At one point I had 4 starbases orbiting the Sun in the center of the map lol!
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:51 am

Shiva wrote:
I just beat Tiel ^_^ the Radiance-class Battleship HMS Hermione thoroughly thrashed several different planets and two of his battleships (at once) before finally being destroyed due to a navigation error. (read, I told her to jump without a fleet and instead she chose not to jump at all). Fortunately her successor was already coming out of another cap yard on the other side of the map, and the Starbase Ginevra was standing guard over the homeworld with a full flush of meteorites.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Bee-tee-dubs, Tiel, Shiva is a she.
May I suggest, as your secondary Capital ship, or third, the Progenitor mothership. It's shield regeneration ability is very good for fleet coverage and its level 6 ability allows you to ressurect fallen capital ships.

So you could instantly have raised your second Radiance to the level of the first and named it the Hermione II

In fact, if you'll join me in the chat, I can discuss a very power fleet combo with the Progenitor backing up Radiance battleships.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:53 am

Tiel wrote:
I wish I recorded the meteors killing all the scouts, that was the turning point of the whole charade, I think. At one point I had 4 starbases orbiting the Sun in the center of the map lol!

If you've got 4 starbases around the sun, maxing all four bases' cultural spread upgrades will create a massive advance of your culture in the entire star system, basically winning it over through culture alone or forcing your opponent to mass their culture buildings at the planets directly connected to the sun to stop the influx of hostile culture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next