Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

BRZ Shipyards

Go down 
+2
Laserbilly
Brz99
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Brz99

BRZ Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: BRZ Shipyards   BRZ Shipyards Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Hello, and welcome to BRZ Shipyards!
Here, our main goal has always been that of excellence, be it a timeship, or a frigate.

Modular Habitat Vessel (Congrats if you can guess the inspiration for this.*coughcoughDeltaQuadrantcoughcough*)

Spoiler:

Century-Class Light Timeship Cruiser

Spoiler:

New Ships coming Friday!

Last edited by Brz99 on Wed May 16, 2012 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

BRZ Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRZ Shipyards   BRZ Shipyards Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:11 pm

I like your transport ship, the habitats are well thought out!
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

BRZ Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRZ Shipyards   BRZ Shipyards Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:23 pm

so.....much..... SQUARREEEE!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: second one is ok....
Back to top Go down
Brz99

BRZ Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRZ Shipyards   BRZ Shipyards Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:03 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
so.....much..... SQUARREEEE!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: second one is ok....
What do you mean, so much square?
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

BRZ Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRZ Shipyards   BRZ Shipyards Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:36 pm

youre first ship is too square, make it more areodynamic.
DON'T CRITISIZE ME THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE SEEN MAH SHIPS!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Brz99

BRZ Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRZ Shipyards   BRZ Shipyards Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:40 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
Have you ever seen a freighter that looked aerodynamic?
Also, anyone else have any comments on how to improve them?
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

BRZ Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRZ Shipyards   BRZ Shipyards Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Quote :

That is an excellent point. Since they're space freighters, who says that they can't just unload in space and let a specialized vehicle take the needed supplies into atmosphere and to the ground?

Also, since there are going to be shields, why not just mold the shields into an aerodynamic shape and sail to the surface?

Last edited by Laserbilly on Wed May 09, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

BRZ Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRZ Shipyards   BRZ Shipyards Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Brz99 wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:
Also, anyone else have any comments on how to improve them?
The shape is good, but it could use some more color.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

BRZ Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRZ Shipyards   BRZ Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:29 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Quote :

That is an excellent point. Since they're space freighters, who says that they can't just unload in space and let a specialized vehicle take the needed supplies into atmosphere and to the ground?

Also, since there are going to be shields, why not just mold the shields into an aerodynamic shape and sail to the surface?

Point 1: because aerodynamics look good. It mightn't improve your battle capabilities, but it will allow you to sell your ships for a higher price.

Molding shields? Are you serious? Would you like to write the code for that?
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

BRZ Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRZ Shipyards   BRZ Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:29 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Quote :

Point 1: because aerodynamics look good. It mightn't improve your battle capabilities, but it will allow you to sell your ships for a higher price.

Of course I'm not serious about actually implementing shield molding in the game! But this is science fiction and whatever the developers achieve will still require a little imagination on everyone else's part. I just thought that could be a fun explanation for why the ship's handling doesn't get all screwy upon entering atmosphere.

Also, I had assumed that shields would be invisible in this mod, not so?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

BRZ Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRZ Shipyards   BRZ Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Quote :

Of course I'm not serious about actually implementing shield molding in the game! But this is science fiction and whatever the developers achieve will still require a little imagination on everyone else's part. I just thought that could be a fun explanation for why the ship's handling doesn't get all screwy upon entering atmosphere.

Shields would be invisible in real life, but they won't be in the mod. They will be invisible until they are hit, when they flair up blue.
Back to top Go down
Brz99

BRZ Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRZ Shipyards   BRZ Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:26 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Quote :

Shields would be invisible in real life, but they won't be in the mod. They will be invisible until they are hit, when they flair up blue.

So, they're like Star Trek shields?
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

BRZ Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRZ Shipyards   BRZ Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:51 pm

Brz99 wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Quote :

So, they're like Star Trek shields?
I would guess
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BRZ Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRZ Shipyards   BRZ Shipyards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BRZ Shipyards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Ship Design Area-
Jump to: