Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

[Idea/model] Small Frigate

Go down 
+8
Commander Kobialka
Emperor_Revan
Commander Error
Tiel+
Iv121
The Schmetterling
Last_Jedi_Standing
NOSH132
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

[Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:56 pm

I started once to try to make a Halo mod, but it got boring real fast. If I can figure out how to import models I might be able to make interiors.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:30 pm

The fact that it has torches on top and is made partly of cobblestone makes it look like something from Minecraft Alpha! No Offense. It would be cool if it were taller. Honestly though, I opposed to ships that have symmetry now. Thats old. Symmetry. *snorts*
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
NOSH132

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Kobialka wrote:
The fact that it has torches on top and is made partly of cobblestone makes it look like something from Minecraft Alpha! No Offense. It would be cool if it were taller. Honestly though, I opposed to ships that have symmetry now. Thats old. Symmetry. *snorts*

Yeah, forgot to remove them. Also when something I make is out of symmetry, it bugs me.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:59 pm

NOSH132 wrote:
Kobialka wrote:

Yeah, forgot to remove them. Also when something I make is out of symmetry, it bugs me.
Same. Look at the Twilight (the ship) or Rogue Shadow. They're not symmetrical, and they're hideous.
Back to top Go down
NOSH132

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:41 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
NOSH132 wrote:
Kobialka wrote:

Same. Look at the Twilight (the ship) or Rogue Shadow. They're not symmetrical, and they're hideous.

To me, they look like a junkie from a space junkyard put them together.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:49 am

Companion class Frigate is asymmetrical and it looks like crap too, so I'm inclined to agree.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Legion wrote:
Companion class Frigate is asymmetrical and it looks like crap too, so I'm inclined to agree.
The Companion-class isn't that bad. It just depends on how it's done. For example, the Millennium Falcon is asymmetrical, but it looks fine. Same with a Sova carrier. Some just look wrong, though.
Back to top Go down
lordhood117
lordhood117

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 1:46 pm

NOSH132 wrote:
NOSH132 wrote:
Kobialka wrote:

Well then, let's not forget about the Outrider. It's fast, maneuverable, and reliable, but with all due respect to Dash Rendar, the thing looks like the bastard child of a YT-1300 and a B-wing.
Back to top Go down
NOSH132

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:13 pm

lordhood117 wrote:
NOSH132 wrote:
NOSH132 wrote:
Kobialka wrote:

Well then, let's not forget about the Outrider. It's fast, maneuverable, and reliable, but with all due respect to Dash Rendar, the thing looks like the bastard child of a YT-1300 and a B-wing.

Agreed, the ships with a good asymmetry that make it look epic is 100% acceptable.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:42 am

Legion wrote:
The Companion-class isn't that bad. It just depends on how it's done. For example, the Millennium Falcon is asymmetrical, but it looks fine. Same with a Sova carrier. Some just look wrong, though.

I agree. The shape of the Companion is asymmetrical, and the shape looks fine. It just doesn't have any detail.

But in my experience, it has to be a bit more than slightly asymmetrical to get the desired effect, and from asymmetrical to really asymmetrical is no-go, then completely asymmetrical is fine, if done properly.

Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:06 am

I'm sorry that did not a bit of sense (to me). Please redo your explanation.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Cool ship! I love SWBF2 I still play sometimes on my Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:44 pm

stufuzzycat wrote:
Cool ship! I love SWBF2 I still play sometimes on my Xbox.

NECRODECRO's long lost cousin? Suspect
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:55 am

tell31 wrote:
I'm sorry that did not a bit of sense (to me). Please redo your explanation.

The way I think has been known to destroy people's minds before...
Back to top Go down
stronngbad
stronngbad

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:20 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Interesting, but flat.

They are flat in the game.
Back to top Go down
stronngbad
stronngbad

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Legion wrote:
Have you played X wing vs Tie Fighter? It seems the Alliance doesn't have any dedicated transports, but there have been no instances of them using larties, either, whereas in the X wing franchise you're typically picked up by Lamdas emblazoned with the Rebel insigia.\

And I believe there is a mod for SWBFII working on bringing CW into it, but it looks pretty rough atm.

Also, there's a game called Eternal Silence which I think has most of what you're talking about in it, but I myself haven't figured out how to connect to any servers.
I have never played X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter. However, I direct your attention to the RM-09 Alliance Shuttle, which is ugly as hell, but still a better choice than a Lambda.

I've never tried modding SWBFII. Maybe I should.

The RM-09 is roughly the same size as the [i]Galofree heavy transport which is used as a frigate in SWBFII so if they added the RM it would most likely be a frigate
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:03 am

How about the aerial APC featured in SWEAW:FOC on the Rebel's side?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Idea/model] Small Frigate   [Idea/model] Small Frigate - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Idea/model] Small Frigate
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2