Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

New frigate

Go down 
+3
Iv121
Laibach
hyperlite
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

New frigate Empty
PostSubject: New frigate   New frigate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:48 pm

I know people don't like to read the text so here are the pictures,

Outside:
Spoiler:

Inside:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

New frigate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frigate   New frigate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:50 pm

nice, but a bit small for a frigate, well, for me

+1 if that existed, lol
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

New frigate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frigate   New frigate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:25 pm

There is a bit of a gap between fighter and frigate, so that's why I named it a frigate, its just a small ship.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

New frigate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frigate   New frigate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Gunship maybe ? We need to make one common way to mesure ships. Defining ships by their size is a bit of a problem as I saw cases where a cruiser is smaller than a destroyer, and then a destroyer smaller than a battlecruiser and corvette being a frigate with more guns on it and then a ccorvette being between figther and cruiser ...
Maybe defining them by purpose ? At least thats what I do. Cruisers should patrol, so that medium sized ship like my UTC Glorious is a cruiser. Destroyers should destroy, so those big ships with superior firepower are destroyers in my database.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

New frigate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frigate   New frigate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:45 pm

In Mackeroth's summary of futurecraft and the thing he put on the forum those are the classes of ships described. I know we are not going by that system anymore, but I still name ships by it, it is easy to just go by size, because frigates are usually all purpose warships, there could be ones designed specifically for a certain task, but for the main part general purpose.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

New frigate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frigate   New frigate Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 am

No. Cruisers are the all purpose battleship. Frigates are for meat-shielding and recon. Well, maybe not recon, their warps/hyper-drives are generally small.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

New frigate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frigate   New frigate Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:15 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
No. Cruisers are the all purpose battleship. Frigates are for meat-shielding and recon. Well, maybe not recon, their warps/hyper-drives are generally small.

You name how you want, I'll name how I want. Oh wait, I am in your clan. Darn. Let's put it to a vote.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

New frigate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frigate   New frigate Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:23 am

I suggest opening a new thread for that in the Design section as we have gone off-topic.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

New frigate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frigate   New frigate Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:29 am

I like the front and back, but the wings look... stubby.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

New frigate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frigate   New frigate Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:22 pm

I agree, the wings were an afterthought, I should fix them, but there is a new map coming soon.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

New frigate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frigate   New frigate Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:44 pm

A frigate is supposed to be WAY bigger. That may or may not be cruiser size. Still though, that times it's size 10 times = awesome. good design.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

New frigate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frigate   New frigate Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Again, just call your ships whatever you want, it doesn't matter, in every science fiction game or show or movie with spaceships there are names for sizes of ship that are not the same as the other series. For example a corvette in Halo: Reach is a pretty good sized ship, but is smaller in Sins of a Solar Empire. (correct me if I'm wrong, never played sins, but looked at it.)
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

New frigate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frigate   New frigate Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Except there aren't any corvettes in Halo Reach..?

Unless you're talking about the Covenant one, and their classes of ship have always been 2 to 4 times bigger than their UNSC counterparts.

As far as I know though, ship classification is up to the makers and/or owners. My corvettes are actually cruisers by Mackeroth's definition, but might be considered frigates by ACH, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New frigate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frigate   New frigate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New frigate
Page 1 of 1