Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Programmer

Go down 
+13
Grand Imperial Thunder
Formedoubly
Tiel+
Iv121
The Schmetterling
Shiva
Laibach
Dux Tell31
Keon
Last_Jedi_Standing
Danice123
fr0stbyte124
cascaid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Programmer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:33 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Is cascaide still here? I looked at the members part and his last visit was on May 2nd. That is not too long. He never really posted anything, but I am not sure what he has been working on, or working on anything at all.
I can't say what he was working on, but he was working and as far as I know he still is.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:08 pm

sorry, i have to post somewhere on here to see my name on all of the forums, and this is the least of a necro.
on topic, where did he go?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 8:42 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
sorry, i have to post somewhere on here to see my name on all of the forums, and this is the least of a necro.
on topic, where did he go?
I think he's still here. His last visit was just a few days ago.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:36 am

He pokes his head in from time to time to see what we've been up to. If you PM him he'll probably respond.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 2:58 pm

But he never works on anything?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:08 pm

His last visit was may 2nd, he is probably workin on something or why would he check the forums ? I still think it would be nice if he jumps to say hi .
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:03 pm

I don't work on anything and I check the forums. Why? To see if we have any progress. I rely on others to do work on the mod.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:22 pm

hyperlite wrote:
He does work, it's just that what he's working on is classified. Like, really classified. But it's important, and it's getting done. That's all you're allowed to know.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
He does work, it's just that what he's working on is classified. Like, really classified. But it's important, and it's getting done. That's all you're allowed to know.
What is with all the classified information with this mod...
CONSPIRACY THEROY TIME!
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Dr. Thunder, Tunnel wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
CONSPIRACY THEROY TIME!

Area 42 exists, I know because Shiva has a post I can't view because it is in the bin and only admins and possibly supermods can view. They can post there, we'd never know.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Keon wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
CONSPIRACY THEROY TIME!

Area 42 exists, I know because Shiva has a post I can't view because it is in the bin and only admins and possibly supermods can view. They can post there, we'd never know.
Yeah, but with only Shiva, Fr0stbyte, and Mackeroth, they probably wouldn't get much done. If Mack has any detailed instructions for Fr0st about how he wants the mod as a whole to go, they might be there. This is only classified to Level 51, but that's still too high to post here. Unless I get permission, in which case it'd be fun to post cascaid's screenshot with no other information.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Keon wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
CONSPIRACY THEROY TIME!

Yeah, but with only Shiva, Fr0stbyte, and Mackeroth, they probably wouldn't get much done. If Mack has any detailed instructions for Fr0st about how he wants the mod as a whole to go, they might be there. This is only classified to Level 51, but that's still too high to post here. Unless I get permission, in which case it'd be fun to post cascaid's screenshot with no other information.

No, do it but with more ships. That was fun though.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:21 pm

You really need a PR person on your team Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:39 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
We have one. Shiva. Or so Mack claims.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Buggy is PR, in theory.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:56 pm

I am able to do some PR, if necessary. Also, I think area 42 has files on every member of this forum...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:

Please tell me you're joking. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
Sir Tielton wrote:

Please tell me you're joking. Neutral
Sorry, nope. Not kidding. I think it was because she was the only one who had access to the-section-which-shall-not-be-named-but-definitly-would-not-be-Area-51-if-it-existed-which-it-doesn't but wasn't a coder or texturer (@#$% you, spellcheck). Now there's Buggy, too. He might be better at it. There's also me, but I have a while to go before I'm trusted enough to get a job. Fr0st is already mad at me because I was too eager to ban <CLASSIFIED>, so that may be a while.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:06 pm

CoalMiningAlchemist wrote:
RACIST
No, speciesist. As you pointed out in the Political Opinions thread, that's not the same thing.

hmm, you'd be right there

so do you guys have someone to do the SQL thing ectrimble was planning?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:31 pm

RACIST
No, speciesist. As you pointed out in the Political Opinions thread, that's not the same thing.

At the moment, no. He seems to have been quite far along with it, too. He didn't put much code where we could see it, but he did post fairly frequent reports that might help someone (Fr0stbyte) recreate his work.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:20 pm

It's going to be Cascaid, if he returns, or me and Danice working together and maybe getting it to work.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 2:49 am

Oh hey I put this page back on track by removing the dumb. Hope no one minds.

There's also me, but I have a while to go before I'm trusted enough to get a job. Fr0st is already mad at me because I was too eager to ban <CLASSIFIED>, so that may be a while.
I wasn't mad, but if you feel guilty about it...

RACIST

At the moment, no. He seems to have been quite far along with it, too. He didn't put much code where we could see it, but he did post fairly frequent reports that might help someone (Fr0stbyte) recreate his work.
I've been getting pretty handy with SQL because of my job, so I could probably take over. However, I'm not really sure we have need of a full-blown SQL server. SQL is simply a query language for handling information in a database, but where it really shines is operations on sets. This is because you just have to give a basic explanation of what you are trying to do with what, and the server turns it into a complex, highly optimized set of threaded instructions meant to utilize available resources as fully and efficiently as possible. When you are pulling out one thing at a time, you'll see diminishing returns over directly accessing the data on the hard drive. I don't think there's a ton of stuff that's going to need or be able to use the set-based abilities of and SQL server; it would mainly be there in place of a filesystem.

I won't say for sure that it's a waste, but setting up SQL servers everywhere will certainly make setup more difficult. And no, I don't have Ectrimble's notes, just his old reports.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:33 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:

There's also me, but I have a while to go before I'm trusted enough to get a job. Fr0st is already mad at me because I was too eager to ban <CLASSIFIED>, so that may be a while.
Oh, I don't. I still think he deserves it. I just wanted to tread lightly to try to avoid getting important people upset. I've learned that that's a bad thing...
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 2:28 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:

RACIST

I've been getting pretty handy with SQL because of my job, so I could probably take over. However, I'm not really sure we have need of a full-blown SQL server. SQL is simply a query language for handling information in a database, but where it really shines is operations on sets. This is because you just have to give a basic explanation of what you are trying to do with what, and the server turns it into a complex, highly optimized set of threaded instructions meant to utilize available resources as fully and efficiently as possible. When you are pulling out one thing at a time, you'll see diminishing returns over directly accessing the data on the hard drive. I don't think there's a ton of stuff that's going to need or be able to use the set-based abilities of and SQL server; it would mainly be there in place of a filesystem.

I won't say for sure that it's a waste, but setting up SQL servers everywhere will certainly make setup more difficult. And no, I don't have Ectrimble's notes, just his old reports.

oh ok, and I know SQL some, pretty just enough to know what it looks like and what it stands for
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Programmer   Programmer - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Programmer
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4