Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Programmer Application

Go down 
+3
hyperlite
Avenger_7
Sacha862
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sacha862

Programmer Application Empty
PostSubject: Programmer Application   Programmer Application Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 3:39 pm

Hello!
I would like to apply to be a programmer in your efforts to create what I believe is the most epic Minecraft mod ever Smile

My MC name is the same as the one on these forums, Sacha862.
As for programming, I have mastered the basics of the Java programming language and am working on learning more advanced techniques. I also see this as a way to enrich my knowledge of the language.

I have no degrees (I'm not exactly up to there yet), but plan to in the future. Most of my work is done with eclipse.

In the end, all I want is to help, in anyway possible really. If this doesn't work out, I won't be disappointed or anything but I will also be able to offer my services as a beta (alpha?) tester when the time comes!

Good luck to all of you,
Sacha862

PS: My time zone is EST (Canadian)
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Programmer Application   Programmer Application Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Sacha862 wrote:
Hello!
I would like to apply to be a programmer in your efforts to create what I believe is the most epic Minecraft mod ever Smile

As for programming, I have mastered the basics of the Java programming language and am working on learning more advanced techniques. I also see this as a way to enrich my knowledge of the language.

I have no degrees (I'm not exactly up to there yet), but plan to in the future. Most of my work is done with eclipse.

In the end, all I want is to help, in anyway possible really. If this doesn't work out, I won't be disappointed or anything but I will also be able to offer my services as a beta (alpha?) tester when the time comes!

Good luck to all of you,
Sacha862

You'll have to talk to fr0stbyte, he's in charge of coding. He's doing a total engine overhaul at the moment, but we might be able to fit you in somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sacha862

PostSubject: Alright...   Programmer Application Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 8:03 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Sacha862 wrote:
Hello!

Good luck to all of you,
Sacha862

You'll have to talk to fr0stbyte, he's in charge of coding. He's doing a total engine overhaul at the moment, but we might be able to fit you in somewhere.
Thanks but how do I contact frostbyte?

Sacha862
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Programmer Application   Programmer Application Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Sacha862 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Sacha862 wrote:
Hello!

Good luck to all of you,
Sacha862

Sacha862

He'll find his thread when he's on. Or you can PM him.
Back to top Go down
Sacha862

PostSubject: Thanks   Programmer Application Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Sacha862 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Sacha862 wrote:
Hello!

Good luck to all of you,
Sacha862

Thanks, I'll wait.

Sacha862

Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Programmer Application   Programmer Application Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Sacha862 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Sacha862 wrote:
Hello!

Good luck to all of you,
Sacha862

Sacha862

So why did you post here in the first place? Razz
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Programmer Application   Programmer Application Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 12:46 am

I'm always on, what are you talking about?

@Sacha862
It would probably be hard for you, atm. The parts we are working on right now require a much higher level of expertise than your typical mod, and because of my limited time to spend on the project, I can't do much to direct other programmers. Because of this, we're mostly looking for professional-level programmers with a heavy background in algorithms and real-time optimization, who would be capable of working autonomously most of the time.

There may be more to do once we enter the content stage, and if you are still interested, we'll be making a public announcement at that time.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Programmer Application   Programmer Application Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 12:48 am

hyperlite wrote:

So why did you post here in the first place? Razz
Can't we say the same to you.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Programmer Application   Programmer Application Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 3:00 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:

professional-level programmers with a heavy background in algorithms and real-time optimization, who would be capable of working autonomously most of the time.

Wonder why we can't find that guy...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Programmer Application   Programmer Application Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 3:14 pm

Clearly they're asking for too little, making this project out to be child's play pirat
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Programmer Application   Programmer Application Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Well we can always work on smaller stuff simultaneously, oh and welcome to the forums BTW Smile .
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Programmer Application   Programmer Application Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:20 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Well we can always work on smaller stuff simultaneously, oh and welcome to the forums BTW Smile .

The state of the mod right now disproves that Razz

In any case I was kidding.
Back to top Go down
Sacha862

PostSubject: Re: Programmer Application   Programmer Application Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:55 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome Wink
And Frost, I completely understand, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled and will continue practicing to get a bit better when the time comes.

Sacha862
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Programmer Application   Programmer Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Programmer Application
Page 1 of 1