Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Futurecraft Movie.

Go down 
+13
Last_Jedi_Standing
Iv121
Laibach
GLaDOS
Commander Error
Tiel+
r2fart2
fr0stbyte124
Beaner
Grand Imperial Thunder
The Schmetterling
ACH0225
Keon
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What should the trailer be?
Animated!
Futurecraft Movie. Vote_lcap14%Futurecraft Movie. Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Machinima!
Futurecraft Movie. Vote_lcap48%Futurecraft Movie. Vote_rcap
 48% [ 10 ]
Live Action!
Futurecraft Movie. Vote_lcap19%Futurecraft Movie. Vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
None!
Futurecraft Movie. Vote_lcap0%Futurecraft Movie. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Let's just film my kitty!
Futurecraft Movie. Vote_lcap19%Futurecraft Movie. Vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:08 pm

This was discussed a while ago. We were thinking about making a movie. If we ever did, would it be animation or machinima? Anyway, this is the place for ideas for trailers, movies, etc.

You know we will need a trailer, so should it be animated or machinima? Please vote in poll. You have seven days. And discuss.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:05 am

How would we do live action, everbody meet together at Comicon and go to someplace to film it?

[Captain Mackeroth] Mr. ACH, take us to warp speed! (the command room is 150 meters tall and 70 meters long to allow for my size.)
[ACH(Me)] Yesir
[Keon] Pooooonieees
[ACH] Where! Im sooo hungry!
[Daman] THose ponies are over 9000!
[Shiva] A thousand curses upon motorbikes

And thats what would happen. Onl I wouldnt be there because I would need to fly from the home continent of owls, Cuuyth.

And thats 25 hours of flying.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:22 am

ACH0225 wrote:
How would we do live action, everbody meet together at Comicon and go to someplace to film it?

[Captain Mackeroth] Mr. ACH, take us to warp speed! (the command room is 150 meters tall and 70 meters long to allow for my size.)
[ACH(Me)] Yesir
[Keon] Pooooonieees
[ACH] Where! Im sooo hungry!
[Daman] THose ponies are over 9000!
[Shiva] A thousand curses upon motorbikes

And thats what would happen. Onl I wouldnt be there because I would need to fly from the home continent of owls, Cuuyth.

And thats 25 hours of flying.

I told you, I wouldn't be saying ponies.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:29 am

And that control room is too small for me. Unless I take human form, and humans are so pathetic and weak.

I would like to see this made as a machinima. Not an animation, purely because machinima somehow is cooler.

Plus, it would allow me to work on my Maya skills.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:37 am

Well then lets make a movie. Set a course for long hours and hard work Mr. Spock (I am unsure who the navigator was so Spock gets the job). Also I get the job of firing all weapons at random objects.
Back to top Go down
Beaner
Beaner

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:30 am

I see there is a special option for me. Yay.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:29 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
And that control room is too small for me. Unless I take human form, and humans are so pathetic and weak.

I would like to see this made as a machinima. Not an animation, purely because machinima somehow is cooler.

Plus, it would allow me to work on my Maya skills.

How is Maya related to machinima?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:56 pm

All the best machinima's use 3D modelling software for cool stuff, such as the 100ft owl we plan on having.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:57 pm

It's sometimes still considered machinima even if some external effects or animations are used.

Like this, for instance.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Cue him to come and rage that he was 500 ft tall.

That sounds good, I guess. Unless you want to just do animation, which would allow for more stuff without you releasing it, meaning you could do it now.

Anyway, ideas for plot?
Back to top Go down
r2fart2
r2fart2

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:49 pm

How about something like this: On a mission to invade [insert faction name here] homeworld. The mighty admiral/general mackeroth and his trusty city ship, the U.P.F.P(united peoples federation of planets) Argoil nears the planet. Closing in, mackeroth gives the order to give a estimate of enemy ships numbers. "IT'S OVER 9000 THOUSAND!" The first mate replied. "And they're all dreadnoughts!" [maybe it could be cruisers. But the Argoil is a city ship after all.] Jumping out of hyperspace. The mighty ship Argoil engages in a massive battle.

Last edited by r2fart2 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:52 pm

r2fart2 wrote:
How about something like this: On a mission to invade [insert faction name here] homeworld. The mighty admiral/general mackeroth and his trusty city ship, the U.S.P Argoil. Nearing the planet. mackeroth gives the order to give a estimate of enemy ships numbers. "IT'S OVER 9000 THOUSAND!" The first mate replied. "And they're all dreadnoughts!" [maybe it could be cruisers. But the Argoil is a city ship after all.] Jumping out of hyperspace. The mighty ship Argoil engages in a massive battle.

Alright... we could do something kinda like this. And then they bring out a bunch of fighter jets shaped like owls and a giant cruiser owl.

Should we film now and do the flight in Maya or resume this when futurecraft Alpha is out. (For us, we still know you have it and build a secret empire without us on the test server.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 pm

Keon wrote:
r2fart2 wrote:
How about something like this: On a mission to invade [insert faction name here] homeworld. The mighty admiral/general mackeroth and his trusty city ship, the U.S.P Argoil. Nearing the planet. mackeroth gives the order to give a estimate of enemy ships numbers. "IT'S OVER 9000 THOUSAND!" The first mate replied. "And they're all dreadnoughts!" [maybe it could be cruisers. But the Argoil is a city ship after all.] Jumping out of hyperspace. The mighty ship Argoil engages in a massive battle.

Alright... we could do something kinda like this. And then they bring out a bunch of fighter jets shaped like owls and a giant cruiser owl.

Should we film now and do the flight in Maya or resume this when futurecraft Alpha is out. (For us, we still know you have it and build a secret empire without us on the test server.

Waaaaaaaiiiiiit! If the ship is an owl, does that make me the AI? Or am I just that amazing.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:20 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Keon wrote:
r2fart2 wrote:

Waaaaaaaiiiiiit! If the ship is an owl, does that make me the AI? Or am I just that amazing.

The ship looks like an owl, it was made in your image. But you pilot it.

Edit: Due to popular demand, 23 % of the show will be filming peoples kitties.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Kittes taste like cactus. Bleeeeh
Back to top Go down
r2fart2
r2fart2

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:48 am

You mean, CACTI?
Back to top Go down
Beaner
Beaner

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:12 am

r2fart2 wrote:
You mean, CACTI?

I think he might've meant sulphur. Trust me, I live in China.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:09 pm

I meant cactus, as in 1 catus, NOt cacti, as in many cactus.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:17 pm

For a moment there I thought this was serious Laughing
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Tiel wrote:
For a moment there I thought this was serious Laughing

I wanted it to be Sad . It might become so if we can get back on topic. So: Who want's to film before the mod, who wants once it is.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:49 pm

At one point while thinking up designs for my ship in MC I thought about making a movie in 3DS that would go as follows:

1. Music starts: TSFH Armada
  2. Commander warps in on small consular vessel
  3. He's promptly attacked by insystem forces; it's revealed that he had traveled here to negotiate
  4. Commander orders the Captain of the vessel to raise shields; he calls in a code word
  5. Many AUs away, the Commander's XO receives the message - camera pulls away through bridge screen to reveal a fleet of hundreds of ships
  6. XO orders the fleet to move out, they all turn simultaneously and warp
  7. They warp in right in front of the commander's ship, taking the volley of laser fire intended for said diplomatic vessel
  8. Enemy ships begin to turn and flee
  9. Camera zooms in on Commander as he listens to battle chatter
  10. Fleet fans out and decimates the opposing ships; they move in ominously towards the planet
  11. FUTURECRAFT - GALAXY CONFLICT: REIMAGINED

Problem being I have minimal Max skillz, and building ships out of blocks in 3DS would take pretty bloody long, to say the least. And for some odd reasons 2012 can't import .obj from the MC2Blender converter ><

Sorry about the link, apparently I can't post them or embed videos D:
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:59 pm

Tiel wrote:
At one point while thinking up designs for my ship in MC I thought about making a movie in 3DS that would go as follows:

1. Music starts: TSFH Armada
  2. Commander warps in on small consular vessel
  3. He's promptly attacked by insystem forces; it's revealed that he had traveled here to negotiate
  4. Commander orders the Captain of the vessel to raise shields; he calls in a code word
  5. Many AUs away, the Commander's XO receives the message - camera pulls away through bridge screen to reveal a fleet of hundreds of ships
  6. XO orders the fleet to move out, they all turn simultaneously and warp
  7. They warp in right in front of the commander's ship, taking the volley of laser fire intended for said diplomatic vessel
  8. Enemy ships begin to turn and flee
  9. Camera zooms in on Commander as he listens to battle chatter
  10. Fleet fans out and decimates the opposing ships; they move in ominously towards the planet
  11. FUTURECRAFT - GALAXY CONFLICT: REIMAGINED

Problem being I have minimal Max skillz, and building ships out of blocks in 3DS would take pretty bloody long, to say the least. And for some odd reasons 2012 can't import .obj from the MC2Blender converter ><

Sorry about the link, apparently I can't post them or embed videos D:

I was thinking about doing Maya, but I don't know. I think we are doing Machinima
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Machinima would be extremely hard without the mod, but it could be improvised. But then again, you'd need at least eight mature players for my idea. You'd be lucky to round up two.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Well.... I could always modify my skin into an owl wearing a space suit... Not bad...
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:48 pm

I can be extremely mature. And even immature can be told "stand here, don't talk, or you're banned" for background.

I could build out some sets.....just say what you want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Futurecraft Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Movie.   Futurecraft Movie. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Futurecraft Movie.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next