Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Orbital Shipyards

Go down 
+16
hiloser12221
hell2o
The Schmetterling
Beaner
Danice123
fr0stbyte124
Keon
Laibach
Cool3303
TinkerPox
Pat Best
GLaDOS
kennysmith1234
Shiva
ACH0225
ManSaysNo
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:32 am

Corrupting movement is the shield's purpose in existence. It blocks your lasers, it blocks your beam weapons, it blocks your missiles, your rail guns, your radiation, your whatever, even the energy transfer from a teleporter.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:29 am

Well Yes but you Shift the Phase To prevent that you are blocked
But To do something like this Costs an Incredible Energy Amount
So you can't do it on normal Ships (The Deathstar could do this)
But however these Thing can only Be used if The Ship doesn't Move or
Overcharges The Weapons (you could Build an Inner Structure shield which is in Every Wall and loses some Energy To prevent any kind of teleports or Warps (Cause it destabilises The Wormhole
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:38 am

If we're going to throw word out randomly and pretend we know what we're talking about, then I'm just going to change the phase of my weapon projectiles so they go right through your shields, instead of teleporting someone inside, and obliterate your ship.

But then, of course, I could just remodulate the phase variance frequency on my shield's output in order to randomly change between phases at a rate of 100 per second to prevent anny kind of teleportation into my ship from exterior sources, right?

Hey, while we're at it, let's get all star trek on this and find some wierd solution to every problem with tachyon particles or something.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:43 am

Okay, I'll be Q. You can be the collective of the Borg, Mackeroth can be Picard, and Cool3303 can be a ferengi.
*I stop time*
Pat22 is right. I don't get what this has to do with Orbital Shipyards, though. Mack is coming.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:57 am

I've given up trying to understand whatever it is Cool3303 is trying to communicate.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:02 pm

I suppose I should have specified Star trek voyager.

I find they always seem to come up with solutions to everything by using tachyon particles or something, as if it were the multi-purpose band-aid stuff of the universe.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Cool3303 wrote:
Well Yes but you Shift the Phase To prevent that you are blocked
But To do something like this Costs an Incredible Energy Amount
So you can't do it on normal Ships (The Deathstar could do this)
But however these Thing can only Be used if The Ship doesn't Move or
Overcharges The Weapons (you could Build an Inner Structure shield which is in Every Wall and loses some Energy To prevent any kind of teleports or Warps (Cause it destabilises The Wormhole

Lets see if I can decipher it...

"Well yes, but you (can) shift the phase to (unblock yourself?) but to do that costs a lot of energy. So you can't do it on normal ships (The Deathstar could do this (guessing the deathstar isn't a normal ship then)). But these teleporters can only be used if the ship doesn't move or overcharges its weapons (you could build an inner structure shield in every wall and sacrifice some energy to prevent any kind of teleports or warps (it causes destabilization of the wormhole))"

What do you think? Good translation?
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:47 pm

Thx very good Translation can you do that with German Messages Too?

PS: They Aren't made with google Translator I am To Blame

Last edited by Cool3303 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Cool3303 wrote:
Thx very good Translation can you do that with German Messages Too?

Ahh I figured that your messages were being sent through a translator. Naw sorry I don't speak German.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:54 pm

That actually explains quite a bit. I wonder if there's something we can do about that.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:57 pm

Quote :
PS: They Aren't made with google Translator I am To Blame

Little edit here, might be of interest to you two.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Well in that case, SEND YOUR MESSAGES THROUGH GOOGLE TRANSLATE. You are almost unintelligible.

Edit: Ok that might have been too far. I respect that you are not a native english speaker and that communicating in english may be a challenge, but since you are posting in a english speaking forum, I would request that you take a little more effort to make your posts intelligible. At the moment they are very hard to understand. Google translate may or may not help this, but I feel that it is a good starting point. I value your input, I just wish it was easier to understand.
Back to top Go down
kennysmith1234
kennysmith1234

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Is it odd for me to say that I understand the words he types into here? Barely, but I have posted like EVERYWHERE and I can figure out what the person is saying from crappy speaking (no offense intended, since you don't speak english...dumb language it is).
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:20 pm

Little question why would it Be effort To send my Textes through google translate ?

PS: I will Write my Text in english and German next Time then I will send The German One through The translator To Show you this wouldn't make it better
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:27 pm

You are capitalizing, in a seemingly random fasion, try to use something like Microsoft Word, assuming you have it. If not, Google translate usually works well enough.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Oh god. Google translate? I've seen it translate fart into fu.. Never mind.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:40 pm

As have I. Actually, with my knowlege of Python, I could fix most of his mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:03 am

Okay back on Theme my Idea was To Add Special Teleporters which can beam through Shields.To prevent Another discussion (I won The last One )
It can only Teleport through Shields of not moving not overcharging Ships with a Known Shield structure. These Teleporters would use To much Energy for a Ship
So you only can use them at Space Stations or such stuff.
These Teleporters can Be used To Teleport Materials in docking Ships without taking The Shields down. Additionaly they replace Space Docks because they can Teleport through an Atmosphere holding Shield which is needed to work without Spacesuits.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:32 am

First off, the real original subject of this thread is Orbital Shipyards, not teleporters.

Second, how do you even figure you've won the last argument?

All you did was throw an extremely vague term "change the phase" and called it a day.
Back to top Go down
Beaner
Beaner

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:29 pm

I think that teleporters shouldn't be allowed except for having to manually install them inside one ship. Ship to ship teleporting sounds fun, but would make the mod boring if someone could just cycle through frequencies to get the pass to your assault ship, then kill it from the inside and switch off the teleporter to stop anyone else coming aboard.

At least, I think Cool3303 was talking about frequencies, I can't understand him very well. Even if I try, my eyes start hurting.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:36 pm

I read all the messages, and I like Mackeroths shipyard. BOOM! BACK ON TOPIC!

Oh, how I hate being on topic.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:38 pm

I like kittens.
BOOM, off topic again.
No, in all seriousness, I like mack's shipyard thing.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:04 pm

I just realised though, my shipyard doesn't have a core. Or the holographic projectors. Or the reapair droids. Or power. Or a ship, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:26 am

It would Be Great if Shipyards or Starbases would have no limitation for The Block Amount .
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:01 am

There is no limitation for block amount on ships. Just how many modules you can fit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orbital Shipyards
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next