Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Server for you guys

Go down 
+11
Commander Kobialka
Last_Jedi_Standing
Tau
Cool3303
Shiva
fr0stbyte124
ectrimble20
The Schmetterling
GLaDOS
Commander Error
TinkerPox
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

Server for you guys Empty
PostSubject: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:20 am

I am creating a server with 1Gb and 1-25 players!I will open it soon,not really sure yet.)I need to just shovel like two drivewaysto get us started, and mow all summer every week(I would have to do it anyways though!).fr0stbyte and Dr.Mackeroth you two will be OPs!You guys can use it for FutureCraft stuff, just don`t try to crash it.What should I name it, not something stupid...
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 am

tacokingbob wrote:
I am creating a server with 1Gb and 1-25 players!I will open it soon,not really sure yet.)I need to just shovel like two drivewaysto get us started, and mow all summer every week(I would have to do it anyways though!).fr0stbyte and Dr.Mackeroth you two will be OPs!You guys can use it for FutureCraft stuff, just don`t try to crash it.What should I name it, not something stupid...

"FutureCraft Test Server"? Straightforward?

And I'm unsure that we'll be testing anything other than Doc's amazing textures at this stage.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Maybe we could test ramming ships INTO EACH OTHER! CAUSE THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:11 pm

tacokingbob wrote:

You forgot Ectrimble...

Besides that, it's geat news! Still, we won't be testing much except the others capacity to not kill me over destroying a bad looking ship...
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
tacokingbob wrote:

You forgot Ectrimble...

Besides that, it's geat news! Still, we won't be testing much except the others capacity to not kill me over destroying a bad looking ship...
Well eventually you will and now it is going to be 1.5gb and 1-30 players.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Also maybe can it be the FutureCraft Premeir(IDK how it is spelled)server?Also all people who helped make this mod gets to be an OP, excluding Idea people.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:01 pm

tacokingbob wrote:
Also maybe can it be the FutureCraft Premeir(IDK how it is spelled)server?Also all people who helped make this mod gets to be an OP, excluding Idea people.

As in the Futurecraft Imperial server? The one which will house dozens of war ships and Atlantis itself?
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
tacokingbob wrote:

As in the Futurecraft Imperial server? The one which will house dozens of war ships and Atlantis itself?
Yes, and it will most likely have 40 slots though(Mowing all summer every week)plus you and fr0stbyte, might even be ADMINs but don`t ban my friends.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:03 pm

1.5gb's of what? ram? hard drive? cpu? There's more to a server than a single speed rating.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:06 pm

ectrimble20 wrote:
1.5gb's of what? ram? hard drive? cpu? There's more to a server than a single speed rating.
I'm assuming RAM. That's what most simple technical specs of computers use when they say "1.5 gigabytes of RAM!"
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:10 pm

tacokingbob wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
tacokingbob wrote:

Yes, and it will most likely have 40 slots though(Mowing all summer every week)plus you and fr0stbyte, might even be ADMINs but don`t ban my friends.

Okay. Because the Futurecraft Primary Server (notice how I
capitalized it) will probably need to be running on something 10x as powerful.
This server will do for now, and once we have the mod going, we will take donations
for a new server, and it shall be glorious!

Still, we'll start building some of the proper fleet on your server, and port
it over to the new on once it exist. It can still be a part of the Futurecraft
empire, just not the main server...
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:12 pm

oh, what would you know, he did say ram.

LOL

Well, not back to pesimisim, 1.5 gb of ram won't support 30 players. You'd need like 4-6gb to not run like an old atari, 8gb would be preferable.

1.5 will support like 5-10 people at most, if you have a kickn processor behind it and even then you'll probably whined up bottle necking the damn thing.

But hey, it's a server right? right?!? YEAH!!!
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:13 pm

wait... no he didn't.... son of a... you tricked me Doc Mad
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:24 pm

i found a way cheaper one with 1-48 slots and 2gb of RAM but no teamspeak amd mcmyadmin
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:26 pm

i have to clean the house though for two months tommorrow,the WHOLE HOUSE!
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:29 pm

Or even $32 for 1-96 slots, 4096 ram, ME like, and I get $35 for cleaning,perfect.I will need donations, or lots of cleaning my house until April when I can mow my yard.I will post IP on this forum, but FutureCraft creators, will get on a week or more, before it is open to the public, so we can prepare, and creat peace fleets (AKA one super admin, in a super dreadnought, to BAN people)Also we will need a sister server to travel between.(I can`t do that though)Mine will probably be main due to 1-96 slots and about 4gb RAM.

Last edited by tacokingbob on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:31 pm

tacokingbob wrote:
i found a way cheaper one with 1-48 slots and 2gb of RAM but no teamspeak amd mcmyadmin

Alright buddy, let me Edumacate you on servers.

Servers come in many different sizes and configuration. Different variables play different factors in what a server is capable of.

Let us take a look at your 48 slot 2g server. What kind of processor does it have? speed of the processor? What kind of hard drive is it setup on? Is it a shared server (meaning more than one server will run off the same machine, virtual machines if you will)? What kind of pipe (internet connection) does it have? What operating system is it running under? windows? linux? linux? Very Happy yes linux Very Happy windows sucks.

Anyway, there's much much more to a server then Ram. Ram is only used to store and transfer information between the hard drive and processor (it does more than that but I'm not teaching a computer science class here now am I? ), thusly, for 2 GB of ram to be worth a squat, you want to make sure it has a decent processor (2ghz+ is preferable, dual core? who cares, minecraft was written as a single threaded application cuz Mojong is lame). The hard drive speed isn't so much of a problem, most servers are setup in a Raid 5 configuration which gives you good size and good speed plus a bit of redundancy (unless you lose two drives in the Raid in which case LOL BYE-BYE RAID).

If you're looking online, shoot some links and I'd be happy to give some advice. Bigger slot numbers is not always better fyi!
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:37 pm

ectrimble20 wrote:
tacokingbob wrote:

Alright buddy, let me Edumacate you on servers.

Servers come in many different sizes and configuration. Different variables play different factors in what a server is capable of.

Let us take a look at your 48 slot 2g server. What kind of processor does it have? speed of the processor? What kind of hard drive is it setup on? Is it a shared server (meaning more than one server will run off the same machine, virtual machines if you will)? What kind of pipe (internet connection) does it have? What operating system is it running under? windows? linux? linux? Very Happy yes linux Very Happy windows sucks.

Anyway, there's much much more to a server then Ram. Ram is only used to store and transfer information between the hard drive and processor (it does more than that but I'm not teaching a computer science class here now am I? ), thusly, for 2 GB of ram to be worth a squat, you want to make sure it has a decent processor (2ghz+ is preferable, dual core? who cares, minecraft was written as a single threaded application cuz Mojong is lame). The hard drive speed isn't so much of a problem, most servers are setup in a Raid 5 configuration which gives you good size and good speed plus a bit of redundancy (unless you lose two drives in the Raid in which case LOL BYE-BYE RAID).

If you're looking online, shoot some links and I'd be happy to give some advice. Bigger slot numbers is not always better fyi!
I got a AMD Athlon II X2 215 dual-core processor and 500gb hard drive.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:41 pm

Bottom of the barrel Athlon there, Google says...... 2.7ghz dual core, not the worst thing on earth by any respect, I'd suspect that with 4g of ram an 500gb of space, you could comfortably support about 20-30 players before things started bottle necking so long as the computer isn't running 6 servers at the same time.

Again, I'd do a bit more digging to get a realistic idea of what their servers are capable of.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:14 pm

ectrimble20 wrote:
Bottom of the barrel Athlon there, Google says...... 2.7ghz dual core, not the worst thing on earth by any respect, I'd suspect that with 4g of ram an 500gb of space, you could comfortably support about 20-30 players before things started bottle necking so long as the computer isn't running 6 servers at the same time.

Again, I'd do a bit more digging to get a realistic idea of what their servers are capable of.
go to pytohosting type it in and put .com and go to fragnet and add .net I can`t do links, being a newbie, but see which one is better.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:39 pm

This server is run in Germany(VPS) I am in the U.S. and the server will only lag a little bit if a 1 million block ship comes in and blows up.It is official server will be up tommorrow E-mail me at legorockband1@ yahoo.com (get rid of space)if you wish to join(No Whitelist I`ll just give you IP, and it will be named FutureCraft Imperial, I think this is perfect, 1-96 slots, and 4096mb RAM and VPS!Will this stay as your official server, since I have alot of slots and RAM?It will open by 4pm-9PM, send me your worlds, I will import one world to the server, doesn`t have to have buildings/ships, could be cool landscape or mountains!
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Dr.Mackeroth and fr0stbyte, will this become the official futurecraft server?I will give you guys IP and others on this forum.I will E-mail it send me a message for the IP tommorrow!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:43 am

tacokingbob wrote:
Dr.Mackeroth and fr0stbyte, will this become the official futurecraft server?I will give you guys IP and others on this forum.I will E-mail it send me a message for the IP tommorrow!

The official Futurecraft server
is likely to have several hundred people on at once. Plus dozens of ships
flying at any one time, and an untold number of robots and NPCs.

Can your server support that?

Also, just PM us the IP, no need for email.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:05 am

I don't think any one server will have all that many people on at the same time. That was sort of the point of splitting it all up. I mean I guess a single machine could run a bunch of server instances, but otherwise probably wouldn't happen.
The very top level server won't be a standard minecraft instance either, but rather something to handle communication between servers. I don't know the details of ectrimble's master plan.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:34 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
I don't think any one server will have all that many people on at the same time. That was sort of the point of splitting it all up. I mean I guess a single machine could run a bunch of server instances, but otherwise probably wouldn't happen.
The very top level server won't be a standard minecraft instance either, but rather something to handle communication between servers. I don't know the details of ectrimble's master plan.

Sorry, I haven't told anyone my
plan for the Futurecraft Empire. There will be a head server, and a number of
servers that will produce materials for the head server, in exchange for
protection. It's an age-old technique, and it will work. The head server will need
to be large, but not massive, as it will house a large collection of vessels,
and government buildings, plus defences. There will not be much actually
building taking place on this server, but it will be the place where people can
contact the developers in-game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server for you guys   Server for you guys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server for you guys
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next