Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Another Server.

Go down 
+2
Laibach
Buggy1997123
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

Another Server. Empty
PostSubject: Another Server.   Another Server. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:46 pm

My friend runs a private 10 slot server, and I'm thinking I might invite the devs to it, as a dev-team only server, if any of the devs want to play on it. I'm sure my friend wouldn't mind a few guests.

The only requirements are steam, for text and voice chat, and a willingness to use mods, because the server has IC2 & RP2. I can provide a jar with the mods pre-installed, you don't have to install them yourself. The version is 1.1.

Last edited by Buggy1997123 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

Another Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Server.   Another Server. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:53 pm

Buggy1997123 wrote:
My friend runs a private 10 slot server, and I'm thinking I might invite the devs to it, as a dev-team only server, if any of the devs want to play on it. I'm sure my friend wouldn't mind a few guests.

The only requirements are steam, for text and voice chat, and a willingness to use mods, because the server has IC2 & RP2. I can provide a jar with the mods pre-installed, you don't have to install it yourself. The version is 1.1.

distributing the jars is illegal just so you know

EDIT: that sounds a lot more jerky than i meant, Sorry
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

Another Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Server.   Another Server. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:02 am

CoalMiningAlchemist wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:

The only requirements are steam, for text and voice chat, and a willingness to use mods, because the server has IC2 & RP2. I can provide a jar with the mods pre-installed, you don't have to install it yourself. The version is 1.1.

So is distributing any part of it, modified or otherwise, so so are 50% of all mods. Including this one(at least what alpha versions have been released).

Oh, before anyone asks, that just means Frost's public optimization and the private powersystem alpha, which is fairly featureless and bug riden atm.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

Another Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Server.   Another Server. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Buggy1997123 wrote:
CoalMiningAlchemist wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:

So is distributing any part of it, modified or otherwise, so so are 50% of all mods. Including this one(at least what alpha versions have been released).

Oh, before anyone asks, that just means Frost's public optimization and the private powersystem alpha, which is fairly featureless and bug riden atm.

well, small snippets of code and small amounts of .classes are fine, I just know you can't put out the entire .Jar

what you CAN do and is fairly easy is to put all the classes that go into minecraft.jar into one folder to be able to copy them all over fairly easy
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

Another Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Server.   Another Server. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Actually, according to the copyright, distributing ANY part of minecraft's code is illegal. Mojang has just overlooked that fact when it comes to mods and such. Really, 99% of the mods of minecraft are illegal and infringe copyright.
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

Another Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Server.   Another Server. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:40 pm

Danice123 wrote:
Actually, according to the copyright, distributing ANY part of minecraft's code is illegal. Mojang has just overlooked that fact when it comes to mods and such. Really, 99% of the mods of minecraft are illegal and infringe copyright.

ah, well then IDK
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

Another Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Server.   Another Server. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:18 pm

I think I remember seeing a mod that was release as a patcher because the maker didn't want to violate any laws. It was a pain to install but I see his reasons for doing it.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

Another Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Server.   Another Server. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Thankfully the Mojang crew are a cool bunch of guys.

Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

Another Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Server.   Another Server. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 4:05 pm

agreed
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

Another Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Server.   Another Server. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:03 pm

My sister is stupid.

But anyway, more dev exclusive stuff? It hasn't been this bad since you rambled about dev benefits.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

Another Server. Empty
PostSubject: !   Another Server. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:39 pm

daman200 wrote:
My sister is stupid.

But anyway, more dev exclusive stuff? It hasn't been this bad since you rambled about dev benefits.

OMG, I remember that. It was hilarious! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Server.   Another Server. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Server.
Page 1 of 1