Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Warp drive is/may be a thing after all.

Go down 
+4
fr0stbyte124
Ivan2006
Tiel+
Shiva
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

Warp drive is/may be a thing after all. Empty
PostSubject: Warp drive is/may be a thing after all.   Warp drive is/may be a thing after all. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:53 am

Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Warp drive is/may be a thing after all.   Warp drive is/may be a thing after all. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:59 am

I would think that this is possible already but the UN would never fund this, maybe this could be added to that enterprise they are building.

EDIT: I call being Zefrane Cochrane
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Warp drive is/may be a thing after all.   Warp drive is/may be a thing after all. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:04 pm

This means Star Trek: Enterprise is coming true.

Now, just keep your eyes peeled for WWIII What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Warp drive is/may be a thing after all.   Warp drive is/may be a thing after all. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Tiel wrote:
This means Star Trek: Enterprise is coming true.

Now, just keep your eyes peeled for WWIII What a Face

I really hope we will get warp drives before WWIII...
It´s even possible that they start a war about the warp-technology, as I know humanity.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Warp drive is/may be a thing after all.   Warp drive is/may be a thing after all. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:11 pm

"This ring, potentially made of exotic matter..."
Show's over folks. Nothing to see here.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Warp drive is/may be a thing after all.   Warp drive is/may be a thing after all. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:02 pm

caltech117 wrote:
I would think that this is possible already but the UN would never fund this, maybe this could be added to that enterprise they are building.

W8 do you think the UN should pay for it ? You know ppl won't just start hugging and peace on earth once we get a warp drive , stuff like that will be developed in total secret as the nation that gets it will become the one who dictates the rules just like the USSR did when they got like 1000 Nuclear bombs, the USA when they got Europe's economy dependent on their founding after WW2 and the China nowdays as the whole world is dependent on their manufacturing.

Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Warp drive is/may be a thing after all.   Warp drive is/may be a thing after all. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:10 pm

Iv121 wrote:
caltech117 wrote:

W8 do you think the UN should pay for it ? You know ppl won't just start hugging and peace on earth once we get a warp drive , stuff like that will be developed in total secret as the nation that gets it will become the one who dictates the rules just like the USSR did when they got like 1000 Nuclear bombs, the USA when they got Europe's economy dependent on their founding after WW2 and the China nowdays as the whole world is dependent on their manufacturing.

As I said, there might be war because of FTL-tech.
Oh, and Frostbyte, there is the word "potentially". It means "nothing is set in stone".
I don´t expect FTL-drives to be ready in less than 100 years anyway, but there is the fact that they do have a theory, and as technology is proceeding right now, it might be possible to pay a visit to Alpha Centauri sometime this century.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Warp drive is/may be a thing after all.   Warp drive is/may be a thing after all. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:58 pm

This is really similar to the theory behind higgs boson spaceflight, but they want to use exotic matter so they don't have to provide energy. That will not work.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Warp drive is/may be a thing after all.   Warp drive is/may be a thing after all. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:29 pm

A Mexican physicist? That's like a black unicorn!
Spoiler:

But not to state the obvious, while moving a football-sized spaceship at ftl is an amazing prospect, shouldn't we at least aim for a midget-sized spaceship?

EDIT: Wups, I misread, it said football-SHAPED, not sized...Still, I stand by my statement.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Warp drive is/may be a thing after all.   Warp drive is/may be a thing after all. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:01 am

As new physics are discovered, new ways to put those to use are discovered as well.

In 50 years we may have physics and particles we could NEVER imagine today allowing Warp Drives, FTL, stuff.

Like being able to manipulate the higgs-boson to create the type of Space-Time distortion field required.

Half of it is already there- Highly contracted, compressed space time in front of it, by increasing gravity field through currently unknown means. All we need is the uncompressed at the aft.

I bet in 50 years the technology will be technically feasable, and you will all be thinking, "It's so simple! Why didn't I think of that?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warp drive is/may be a thing after all.   Warp drive is/may be a thing after all. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warp drive is/may be a thing after all.
Page 1 of 1