Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Airsoft and Paintball

Go down 
+9
Last_Jedi_Standing
Tiel+
Commander Error
Iv121
hyperlite
The Schmetterling
Pat Best
Avenger_7
Shiva
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:14 pm

That sounds like a RPG or something.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:17 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
That sounds like a RPG or something.

Pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:23 pm

I'm going to be blunt here. So you basically play war with hundred dollar pellet guns..?
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Mine's a 400 dollar Magpul PTR Mod 12 SR, but that's only because I won a grand in the lottery and felt like upgrading.

Yes, that's basically what we do. We have a LOT of veterans, cops and SWAT folks who play with us and have a ball.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Darth Krayt wrote:
I'm going to be blunt here. So you basically play war with hundred dollar pellet guns..?

Same goes for paintball. Upgrades included, my rifle climbs up to around 450$.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:52 pm

My MR-2 cost about $700 total. 200 for the gun, 150 for the barrel, 300 for the hopper, and 50 for shipping. Yes I do need a $300 hopper, my gun shoots really, really fast.

Edit: $200 on mask and tank as well. So $900 total.

My group is mainly made of hunters and hardcore gamers. Yay Canada.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:57 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
My MR-2 cost about $700 total. 200 for the gun, 150 for the barrel, 300 for the hopper, and 50 for shipping. Yes I do need a $300 hopper, my gun shoots really, really fast.

Edit: $200 on mask and tank as well. So $900 total.

My group is mainly made of hunters and hardcore gamers. Yay Canada.

Were I to modify my gun to be fully automatic and more accurate, which I probably will later on, I can expect the same kind of costs.

If you're counting all the other gear, I'm already at around 1000$.

450 for the rifle + upgrades, 300 for the pistol + holster and CO2 cartridges, and the rest for the CO2 tank, tactical vest, army of two mask, remote, and reload pods.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Well, shiva, judging by your stated age I have to ask, where are you from that gambling age is 18? I thought all states were 21.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:03 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Well, shiva, judging by your stated age I have to ask, where are you from that gambling age is 18? I thought all states were 21.

Lottery, not gambling.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:10 pm

I think I'll stick with CoD Razz
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Darth Krayt wrote:

You'll never understand the awesomeness of going beyond the boundaries of a video game.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Yeah, spending hundreds of dollars on gear to pretend war. No thanks.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Darth Krayt wrote:

It's a gym membership at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Medal of Honor Warfighter is coming out. 60 bucks, already have a PC to run it.

Compared to the reported ~600$ you guys are paying for equipment...

And don't see the point in 2 of those Razz
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Direct brain interface sounds cool.

Anyways. I had an idea a while back for model plane dogfighting. So; tell me, are you allowed to have rc planes?

If you are, you are set. You can get 100 buck versions that will fly just fine, maybe 20 to 30 mph and could carry a paintball grenade. Rig it to fire the grenade, you have a drone bomber.

(What I mean, is the grenade goes off 50 feet or so above the arena. Everybody around gets soaked in paint. Your team wins.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Darth Krayt wrote:

To each her own. Me, personally, I play because of the combat rush, the exercise, and the teamwork skills I gain. That and the opportunity to shoot people and not get in trouble.

Keon wrote:
If you are, you are set. You can get 100 buck versions that will fly just fine, maybe 20 to 30 mph and could carry a paintball grenade. Rig it to fire the grenade, you have a drone bomber.

(What I mean, is the grenade goes off 50 feet or so above the arena. Everybody around gets soaked in paint. Your team wins.

I was actually thinking of buying a model jet A-10 Thunderbolt and rigging it with a cheap AEG, a camera and several different droppable weapons just recently. Our playing field is huge enough to warrant it. (100 acres) They're only $130 for a decently good one. The fuel's a little more problematic.

Also, the Magpul is new... I turned 18 in March... won the lottery with the ticket my granddad bought me.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Shiva wrote:
Darth Krayt wrote:

To each her own. Me, personally, I play because of the combat rush, the exercise, and the teamwork skills I gain. That and the opportunity to shoot people and not get in trouble.

Keon wrote:

I was actually thinking of buying a model jet A-10 Thunderbolt and rigging it with a cheap AEG, a camera and several different droppable weapons just recently. Our playing field is huge enough to warrant it. (100 acres) They're only $130 for a decently good one. The fuel's a little more problematic.

Also, the Magpul is new... I turned 18 in March... won the lottery with the ticket my granddad bought me.

Really? 100 acres? How many people do you have? Anyhow, a plane should be able to get people within that. It's basically another member of your team. Also, defense turrets and landmines. Got any?

Last edited by Keon on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:01 pm

2 on 2?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Keon wrote:
2 on 2?
100 acre field = 2 on 2 matches? What do you think they are, 10 metres tall?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Darth Krayt wrote:

You'll never understand the awesomeness of going beyond the boundaries of a video game.
You'll never understand the awesomeness of winning single combat with a droideka, killing an acklay with a pistol, sniping Geonosian warriors out of the air, shooting down a TIE Interceptor, blasting the sensors relay of a Mon Cal cruiser, one-hit-killing a Wookiee with your rockets, slaying the Enderdragon, finding your first diamonds, fighting your way through the RAF Prosecutor, leading a ragtag fleet of frigates to victory over a vastly superior Vasari fleet, shooting down the small UFO, killing a Flying Fortress before it can even fire, or any thousand other things that you can only do in video games.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Darth Nihl wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Darth Krayt wrote:

You'll never understand the awesomeness of winning single combat with a droideka, killing an acklay with a pistol, sniping Geonosian warriors out of the air, shooting down a TIE Interceptor, blasting the sensors relay of a Mon Cal cruiser, one-hit-killing a Wookiee with your rockets, slaying the Enderdragon, finding your first diamonds, fighting your way through the RAF Prosecutor, leading a ragtag fleet of frigates to victory over a vastly superior Vasari fleet, shooting down the small UFO, killing a Flying Fortress before it can even fire, or any thousand other things that you can only do in video games.

Actually I've done most of those, because playing paintball does not prevent me from playing video games.

In fact...
Quote :

leading a ragtag fleet of frigates to victory over a vastly superior Vasari fleet
Wat?
>_>

<_<
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:48 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Darth Nihl wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Darth Krayt wrote:

Actually I've done most of those, because playing paintball does not prevent me from playing video games.

Your comment suggests that paintball is better than video games and anyone stuck in the realm of virtual recreation is ignorant and can never experience the win you feel is present in that game.

Pat Best wrote:

In fact...
Quote :

leading a ragtag fleet of frigates to victory over a vastly superior Vasari fleet
Wat?
>_>

<_<

?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Pat Best wrote:

>_>

<_<
|-o-|
(-oo-)
(=O=)
(-o-)
>808<
-->o0o<--
<o>
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Darth Krayt wrote:

Your comment suggests that paintball is better than video games and anyone stuck in the realm of virtual recreation is ignorant and can never experience the win you feel is present in that game.

Uhm... no... my comment suggest that being able to do something that a video game won't let you do is awesome. Like... dual wielding a sniper and a pistol for example... or not having to deal with invisible walls... or dumb, unbalanced mechanics that advantage one team or a certain class / weapon over another.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Darth Krayt wrote:

Uhm... no... my comment suggest that being able to do something that a video game won't let you do is awesome. Like... dual wielding a sniper and a pistol for example... or not having to deal with invisible walls... or dumb, unbalanced mechanics that advantage one team or a certain class / weapon over another.

Then maybe you should elaborate next time so as to not open your text up to misinterpretation Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft and Paintball
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next