Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Airsoft and Paintball

Go down 
+9
Last_Jedi_Standing
Tiel+
Commander Error
Iv121
hyperlite
The Schmetterling
Pat Best
Avenger_7
Shiva
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:56 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Shiva wrote:
It was one of these...

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/4288-SPI-TB03-Hakkotsu-Thunder-B-CO2-Sound-Grenades-Beginner-Package-Includes-3-Grenade-Shells.aspx

Very impressive, and EXTREMELY LOUD. And filled with BBs.

How good's the BB spread on those?

I now need a CO2-powered paintball grenade... hmmm duct tape to the rescue!

Wait I'll just watch the video.

Wait there are no BBs in the grenade in that video.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:09 am

Because the people who made them didn't think of it. It's something we do in my unit that a lot of other units either picked up on or thought of at the same time, because it's kinda an obvious modification. If you want to see a BB grenade that is designed for that, look for the Tornado grenade. It has a video with it spraying bbs everywhere.

However to answer your question, you generally load 1-200 BBs into a single shell, stick the core in, seal it. When you're ready to rock and roll it, you pull the pin and toss it, wait three seconds, and then the CO2 will release, rupturing the shell pretty randomly, and generally everyone in a room gets hit by at least a few BBs. I jumped on top of one once.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:36 am

Yeah, a bunch of guys at the D-Day event I was at got paint sticks.

If you want a close quarters weapon look for a pistol, not another heavy rifle.

Paint grenades are everywhere. Look on the Tippmann website.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:24 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
Yeah, a bunch of guys at the D-Day event I was at got paint sticks.

If you want a close quarters weapon look for a pistol, not another heavy rifle.

Paint grenades are everywhere. Look on the Tippmann website.

Yeah but the pistols are pretty expensive. Of course a modified A-5 will be expensive as well but it comes with full auto fire, a cyclone feed, a big hopper instead of a small magazine, and if I have two guns it means I can lend one to a friend who doesnt have one when we go play.
Plus, the G36C isn't a heavy rifle, it's a small, lightweight SMG.

I'll probably end up getting a pistol first though.
Next time I line up a few days of work for a big paycheck ima gettin me a secondary weapon.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:14 pm

The advantage of pistol is that it frees your hands for another weapon and it's always there when you need it.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Iv121 wrote:
The advantage of pistol is that it frees your hands for another weapon and it's always there when you need it.

Checked my bank account, had about 500$ more than I thought I would.

Make that 200$ now, as I own a paintball pistol with holster and CO2 cartridges.

Oh and Shiva, I saw the exact same model of grenades but for paintball at the paintball store.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:18 pm

Why don't you guys just make a paintball nuke. Just put a scuba tank (Okay, half pressure scuba tank), coat it with paintballs, wrap it up, presto. Insta kill.

Then go in with rapid fire guns.

Actually, what are the rules. I have some ideas. Maybe I need to get into paintball.

Are remote control airplanes allowed? Specifically, ones carrying paintball grenades and a livestreaming camera hooked up to a video feed you can watch?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Keon wrote:
Why don't you guys just make a paintball nuke. Just put a scuba tank (Okay, half pressure scuba tank), coat it with paintballs, wrap it up, presto. Insta kill.

Actually, what are the rules. I have some ideas. Maybe I need to get into paintball.

Are remote control airplanes allowed? Specifically, ones carrying paintball grenades and a livestreaming camera hooked up to a video feed you can watch?
That would be really awesome. Paintball UAVs. Guided rockets. Flamethrowers (Basically a hose spraying paint). Suicide bombers (You put on a vest covered in paintballs that inflates really fast and hurls them off). Airstrikes. Tanks. Bumper cars with heavy machine guns mounted on them. RPGs and rocket launchers to kill the bumper cars. And that's when you start realizing that you have either a) real warfare with real weapons or b) direct brain interface video games.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:36 pm

There are paint rockets and mortars. They're funny to watch, because they literally SOAK people.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Darth Angral wrote:
Keon wrote:

That would be really awesome. Paintball UAVs. Guided rockets. Flamethrowers (Basically a hose spraying paint). Suicide bombers (You put on a vest covered in paintballs that inflates really fast and hurls them off). Airstrikes. Tanks. Bumper cars with heavy machine guns mounted on them. RPGs and rocket launchers to kill the bumper cars. And that's when you start realizing that you have either a) real warfare with real weapons or b) direct brain interface video games.

Tanks already exist. There's also places you can rent helicopters and stick three gunners in them.

The problem with UAVs and airtstrikes, as well as flamethrowers I would suppose, is the cost of these materials. For an airstrike, you need a plane. For the UAV, you need a remote-controlled vehicle capable of carrying weapons in mid-air, and the interface to aim and fire it.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Well mostly UAVs are used as recon units and don't have guns (some of them do, most of them don't ). They can be as small as your bag and I'm quite sure it is possible to take one of those little remote planes and attach a camera to it.

It will be funny if someone's jeep is gettin hit by a paint mortar Razz .
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Well mostly UAVs are used as recon units and don't have guns (some of them do, most of them don't ). They can be as small as your bag and I'm quite sure it is possible to take one of those little remote planes and attach a camera to it.

It will be funny if someone's jeep is gettin hit by a paint mortar Razz .

I'm sure it has happened before on the larger scenario games like d-day and such.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Yeah. They fire giant paint-filled water ballons or high-end grenades.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Darth Angral wrote:
Keon wrote:

Tanks already exist. There's also places you can rent helicopters and stick three gunners in them.

The problem with UAVs and airtstrikes, as well as flamethrowers I would suppose, is the cost of these materials. For an airstrike, you need a plane. For the UAV, you need a remote-controlled vehicle capable of carrying weapons in mid-air, and the interface to aim and fire it.
You could just get a RC plane, put a paint-soaked sponge on the front, and then fly it into people.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Darth Angral wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Darth Angral wrote:
Keon wrote:

You could just get a RC plane, put a paint-soaked sponge on the front, and then fly it into people.

I think both the plane and the guy flying the plane will get shot to hell before they manage to hit someone with it.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:18 pm

One would have to have the operator of the plane be outside the arena.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:22 pm

One could also create some sort of shield, and also some sort of rocket, possibly a store purchased rocket covered in some sort of impact detonated paint explosives. If you are crafty enough, you could probably make it do the rocket drops multiple bombs then hits the ground and explodes.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:24 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
One could also create some sort of shield, and also some sort of rocket, possibly a store purchased rocket covered in some sort of impact detonated paint explosives. If you are crafty enough, you could probably make it do the rocket drops multiple bombs then hits the ground and explodes.

Talking about a handheld riot shield? Already have those. I remember a game I played in highschool years ago, my team had two shields and the enemy team weren't picking up any. They were stuck in cover while we slowly advanced on two fronts with the shields and 2-4 guys behind each shield.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Pat Best wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

Talking about a handheld riot shield? Already have those. I remember a game I played in highschool years ago, my team had two shields and the enemy team weren't picking up any. They were stuck in cover while we slowly advanced on two fronts with the shields and 2-4 guys behind each shield.

Yay, trash can lids.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:38 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

Yay, trash can lids.

Nah, ours were big wooden rectangle shields.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:17 pm

I already like the pistol.
The ability to switch from a long-range rifle to short range pistol, or to dual wield at will is bound to make my games more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:30 pm

I'm trying to figure out how to build airsoft rocket artillery right now, actually. It's promising, but a pain in the ass regardless.

There are airsoft artillery pieces - as I've mentioned before, my group pooled their spare cash and we bought/assembled a 155mm howitzer kit that uses CO2 to fling a big contact-fuze BB shell. I'm trying to figure out how to get it to airburst.

And I've seen a few UAVs hanging around, let me find a link...

Here's one.

http://www.suasnews.com/2010/08/920/mad-bull-airsoft-uav-multicopter/
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Here is an extremely cool howitzer

Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:03 pm

Airsoft seems incredibly lame after watching that video.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Shiva wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to build airsoft rocket artillery right now, actually. It's promising, but a pain in the ass regardless.

There are airsoft artillery pieces - as I've mentioned before, my group pooled their spare cash and we bought/assembled a 155mm howitzer kit that uses CO2 to fling a big contact-fuze BB shell. I'm trying to figure out how to get it to airburst.

And I've seen a few UAVs hanging around, let me find a link...

Here's one.

http://www.suasnews.com/2010/08/920/mad-bull-airsoft-uav-multicopter/

If you're not already basing your work on this, I suggest looking at model rockets. They have a burn phase to launch the rocket into the sky and a second explosion phase to release the parachute. The parachute could be replaced with a pack of BBs for possible mid-air explosion.

I tried building a homemade rocket launcher using those rockets and a metal tube which may or may not have been part of our vacuum cleaner when I was like 12.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft and Paintball
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next