Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Airsoft and Paintball

Go down 
+9
Last_Jedi_Standing
Tiel+
Commander Error
Iv121
hyperlite
The Schmetterling
Pat Best
Avenger_7
Shiva
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

Airsoft and Paintball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:38 pm

Fuck paintball... I'm an artillerist in my airsoft group. I have a mortar, and the group pooled to buy an airsoft-adapted 155 that can fling a shell using air over 600 yards.

Also, I do light sniping otherwise; Mod 12 SPR AEG is the shit.

Back on topic, I love the Raider class. I think it was designed for me.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:29 pm

I'm a sniper in paintball and any FPS I've ever played. I used to play airsoft but I found that paintball suits my style better. I have a Spyder MR-2 with halo-b hopper, 2x Red Dot sight, and a BT barrel. The thing shoots perfectly straight. It's beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
I'm a sniper in paintball and any FPS I've ever played. I used to play airsoft but I found that paintball suits my style better. I have a Spyder MR-2 with halo-b hopper, 2x Red Dot sight, and a BT barrel. The thing shoots perfectly straight. It's beautiful.

Sniper here as well. Just started playing but I was hitting people in the head at 100 yards, which isn't much but the interior battlefield I've been at Sunday wasn't any larger.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Shiva wrote:
Fuck paintball... I'm an artillerist in my airsoft group. I have a mortar, and the group pooled to buy an airsoft-adapted 155 that can fling a shell using air over 600 yards.

Here's a question for airsoft: do you use plastic or lead BBs, and what's the average accurate range for both? I figure lead BBs are considerably more accurate over plastic BBs on long ranges.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Darth Bane wrote:
Cad Bane wrote:
Snipers suck imo.

They just sit back, too cowardly to actually fight and just score kills while their team does all the work. The whole concept of 'Fire support' is completely lost in games, as your score is determined by your killcount in many cases, making some guy hanging back stealing all your kills more of an annoyance than actual help. Never mind the fact that if they're not doing they're running around the map using their rifle as a bloody shotgun..

Snipers should just be removed from all damned FPS's. In theory they're cool but in reality they just serve as a gameplay impediment. Avenger, you are a gameplay impediment.
Are you nuts? Snipers are awesome. On Kashyyyk: Docks as a Rebel Marksman, it's pretty easy to get 110+ kills. If you kill more than half the enemy team very soon after they spawn, you save a lot of you team's lives. You could never do that much as infantry. You might take more posts (actually you're guaranteed to, because if you're doing it right a sniper never has to move at all, except over to the ammunition droid), but can you really say you're contributing more to you team's victory?

I gotta say, in an organized shooting event, be it a video game or paintball, I'd feel better knowing there's a guy watching over us with a long range rifle. I also like to be that guy.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Shiva wrote:

Here's a question for airsoft: do you use plastic or lead BBs, and what's the average accurate range for both? I figure lead BBs are considerably more accurate over plastic BBs on long ranges.

Plastic BBs. And really, your accuracy is determined more on the tightness of your bore and power of your spring/gas system than anything, although snipers DO tend to use heavier plastic bullets - for instance, while I prefer the Mod 12, firing a .38 gram BB, my .5 gram-firing gas-powered Barrett is just intimidatingly noisy, accurate and powerful.

Lead BBs are built to kill varmints.

Also, I split us off so we weren't derailing any longer.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:14 am

Last time I had a "gun" battle, my entire team was beaten by 1 man. He was an ex-French Foreign Legion soldier (their version of the SAS, Special Forces, or whatever it is you Americans have).

I remember pointing pointing a gun at him, then within a second being on the ground with him pointing the same gun at me. I don't even understand how that works!
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:03 am

It works easily enough...

And we have the Navy SEALs, Army Green Berets, Marine Force Recon, and Air Force Pararescue. All of whom could straight up whip hell out of the FFL, but the only ones who can match/best the SAS are the SEALs - mainly because the SAS started the SEALs for us and trains our trainers.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:19 am

You think a Navy Seal could take down a Spetsnaz guy? Russians are freaking crazy.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:39 am

Only the spec ops, the rest suck. BTW Spetsnaz is just a Russian word for comando , can't remember their actually spec-ops. I know I know ! Stroy-Bat (Stroyitelni Battalion = Building Battalion ) . An American spy is reporting to his commanders about the worst Russian troops: "Yes an their paratroopers are simply deadly but the worst of em is the Stroy-Bat ! They are so terrifying the aren't even given weapons - only shovels ! "

See Russians have a damn good morale if the know what they're fighting for. To this point they weren't defeated on their homeland couse they act like freakin kamikazes there (Do diff stuff like taking a stack of granedes and jumping below a tank to blow it up ). They start to really suck when they dunno what they’re fighting for, like in WW1. They were sent for no clear reason to fight Germans over Poland who quickly bushed them back to Russia.

Foreign legion is like your normal US military, just the French don't want to waste their own ppl so they recruit mercenaries from outside. They are the first they send into battle so if they want to survive they're better be ready.

When it comes to spec-ops IDF has all of it's infantry trained by spec-ops standards, because : 1. We are greatly outnumbered.
2. There is no use in standard soldiers on a front line like ours.
3. Each soldier is considered gold here (for no real reason). Last time the terrorists got one of our soldiers captive we released more than 1000 terrorists for him ... Personally I'm against this approach but whatever.
Each of the infantry brigade has a spec ops brigade inside it for special tasks. Each unit sees action almost on daily basis so they won't lack in combat experience for sure ...
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:45 am

Aaand now we're completely off topic.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:00 pm

I must say, pat, 100m is pretty good in paintball. But I can do 200. I can also curve my shots thanks to my barrel, so I can literally shoot around cover.

A couple friends and I played against 2 professional paintballers once. Out of 5 games, we won one. I'm proud to say that I went an even 10-10 while my team got destroyed Razz
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:05 pm

I've only played once, and I was the only member or my team who didn't get "killed" by some shmuck's BB claymore.

Needless to say, a single M4 against the entire enemy team went...badly.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Commander Error wrote:
I've only played once, and I was the only member or my team who didn't get "killed" by some shmuck's BB claymore.

Hit and run tactics and stealth can work very well when you go it alone. Of course, I'm used to shooting from well out of most people's effective range...
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:53 pm

You know campers survive longer not only in CoD Razz .
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Iv121 wrote:

I love stationary targets! I can't count the number of times when I've had someone pinned, readjusted my barrel and offed them. One time a kid accused me of 'hacking'. I hate CoD....
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Commander Error wrote:

Hit and run tactics and stealth can work very well when you go it alone. Of course, I'm used to shooting from well out of most people's effective range...

Headshot with a Barrett M99 at 200 yards lol!

I was at a big event a few months ago - over a thousand people attending - and wiped out a full-sized squad with my mortar. Was promptly hunted down and shot thereafter, but...
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Shiva wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Shiva wrote:

Plastic BBs. And really, your accuracy is determined more on the tightness of your bore and power of your spring/gas system than anything, although snipers DO tend to use heavier plastic bullets - for instance, while I prefer the Mod 12, firing a .38 gram BB, my .5 gram-firing gas-powered Barrett is just intimidatingly noisy, accurate and powerful.

My experience with plastic BBs, not that I had some high-end competition gun, just some small plastic handgun, is that they're too light and the air resistance alone is enough to throw them off course, which limits them to closer ranges.

Unfortunate, had you told me you use lead BBs with greater range I might have been tempted to switch over to airsoft, or do both paintball and airsoft.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
I must say, pat, 100m is pretty good in paintball. But I can do 200. I can also curve my shots thanks to my barrel, so I can literally shoot around cover.

A couple friends and I played against 2 professional paintballers once. Out of 5 games, we won one. I'm proud to say that I went an even 10-10 while my team got destroyed Razz

It only say 100 cause that was as far as the interior playing field would go. I haven't even begun using the mildots yet.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:27 pm

Iv121 wrote:

Indeed, I just dragged out a 3v1, my team got wiped out, for like 20 minutes by camping and being a sneaky motherfucker.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Shiva wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Shiva wrote:

My experience with plastic BBs, not that I had some high-end competition gun, just some small plastic handgun, is that they're too light and the air resistance alone is enough to throw them off course, which limits them to closer ranges.

Unfortunate, had you told me you use lead BBs with greater range I might have been tempted to switch over to airsoft, or do both paintball and airsoft.

Um, Pat... you don't need an expensive comp gun to have a blast airsofting. A good gun will run you ~100, 150 bucks, and ammo is $10 for a 5000 round canister. I buy them in $200 250,000 round bulk. I bought precisely one bulk bag four years ago and still am not near half-way through it, and I airsoft full-auto, semi and single all the damn time.

Like I said, if you want accuracy, it all depends on you having a tightbore barrel, which most guns come with standard anymore.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:02 am

Paintball seems fairer and less painful.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:06 am

It depends if you get shot by a gun with 450 fps in airsoft with .20 gram bbs, that can be painful, but those cheap little 120 fps guns you can't even feel hitting you.

I am not exactly sure how many feet per second a paintball gun shoots, but it is lower than 450...

Also paintballs are more blunt that bbs, they can leave a mark, I had a welt on my stomach bigger than my fist once, shot point blank by my friend in a 1v1... I ran snake...
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:31 pm

hyperlite wrote:
It depends if you get shot by a gun with 450 fps in airsoft with .20 gram bbs, that can be painful, but those cheap little 120 fps guns you can't even feel hitting you.

I am not exactly sure how many feet per second a paintball gun shoots, but it is lower than 450...

Also paintballs are more blunt that bbs, they can leave a mark, I had a welt on my stomach bigger than my fist once, shot point blank by my friend in a 1v1... I ran snake...

I mean, at most, an airsoft hit's going to feel like the NASTIEST wasp-sting you've ever experienced, but they generally don't welt up, especially if you've got clothes covering the area you're hit in.

I wear light body armor, a helmet, mask and Shemagh at all times, so really the only time I know I'm being hit is when the BBs plink off of something hard like a magazine or a plate, or smack my legs...

The unfortunate disadvantage of being built like a runner is that I don't have any fat on me to soak up the hurt when it does happen.

Last edited by Shiva on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:32 pm

So how do you tell if you're dead?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft and Paintball
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next