Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)

Go down 
+5
Caramell
Keon
The Schmetterling
Ivan2006
Tyranid_Player
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Empty
PostSubject: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:44 am

I used Redpower for an while and its really pissing me off. PLease promise me that you are adding some blocks with an gui (or hud or whatever) which can handle Logic functions change the Output and contain an wireless adapter which prevents that i have to lay wires in the whole ship.

Dont missunderstood me I dont want that I get an predefined air lock which can placed with an rightclick.
I want to build everything on my own but with the right tools and on an minimum of space.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:00 am

Tyranid_Player wrote:
I used Redpower for an while and its really pissing me off. PLease promise me that you are adding some blocks with an gui (or hud or whatever) which can handle Logic functions change the Output and contain an wireless adapter which prevents that i have to lay wires in the whole ship.

Dont missunderstood me I dont want that I get an predefined air lock which can placed with an rightclick.
I want to build everything on my own but with the right tools and on an minimum of space.

I think this will be most likely added.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:36 am

Look, I think we have this covered. Just let us worry about how circuits are going to work, and you can complain later if you don't like them.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:34 pm

The Doctor wrote:
Look, I think we have this covered. Just let us worry about how circuits are going to work, and you can complain later if you don't like them.

Let's let them talk, even if you have an idea. Then, when they produce good ideas, we take them and use it in your plan, or something else. Just because you have an idea doesn't mean they can't talk.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Anyways, my idea:

COMPUTERCRAFT!!!!
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Keon wrote:
Anyways, my idea:

COMPUTERCRAFT!!!!
Do you mean CC compatibility or CC like features in-game?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Daynel wrote:
Keon wrote:
Anyways, my idea:

COMPUTERCRAFT!!!!
Do you mean CC compatibility or CC like features in-game?

He can´t mean CC compatibility. FC will be compatible with nothing.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Sure it will.

It's a modloader mod, if you don't mod the same base class, chances are you are fine.

Anyways, I mean either get computercraft, by talking to the guy, or make our own.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Keon wrote:
Sure it will.

It's a modloader mod, if you don't mod the same base class, chances are you are fine.

Anyways, I mean either get computercraft, by talking to the guy, or make our own.

Or kidnapping. Kidnapping is always an option.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:56 pm

It is always an option.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:58 pm

Ach, have your owl-millitary ready!
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:28 am

Darth Malak wrote:

Or kidnapping. Kidnapping is always an option.
Sig'd.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:46 am

It will have some form of CC. I'm on the CC development team, so that should work out.

*edit*
I am now realizing by CC you were referring to computer craft and not cubic chunks. Time for me to go to bed, I think.

But yeah, LUA scripting might be nice to have.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:37 am

That appears to be a sound plan, Savior.
Back to top Go down
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:48 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
It will have some form of CC. I'm on the CC development team, so that should work out.

*edit*
I am now realizing by CC you were referring to computer craft and not cubic chunks. Time for me to go to bed, I think.

I think it is too complex for simple circuits but it would be good for NPCs and Robots
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Tyranid_Player wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

*edit*

I think it is too complex for simple circuits but it would be good for NPCs and Robots

You think LUA is comlpicated? I can learn LUA by just experimenting! Now we need an RP style circuits and LUA based computers. period.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:56 pm

It's possible he means overpowered, which it is. I think redpower's logic gates are more fun myself, but that probably won't cut it for some of the things we're going to need.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
It's possible he means overpowered, which it is. I think redpower's logic gates are more fun myself, but that probably won't cut it for some of the things we're going to need.

If that's the case I don't want to run wires to everything and just type into a console I want to actually build the circuits. And you can tone down the power of the LUA computers by making only basic programs built in, or make the user code the programs based of a few APIs and even code a few of their own.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:36 pm

But then what if you wanted to do something cool, like write a program to control all your maneuvering thrusters and make your ship do tricks? No way could you pull that off with regular redstone and logic gates, but then how do you draw the line? Plus scripting will probably be used for server events and NPC behavior, maybe even whole NPC organizations.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:54 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
But then what if you wanted to do something cool, like write a program to control all your maneuvering thrusters and make your ship do tricks? No way could you pull that off with regular redstone and logic gates, but then how do you draw the line? Plus scripting will probably be used for server events and NPC behavior, maybe even whole NPC organizations.

True... that would be awesome... ok give me an hour or two to think this through.

slightly offtopic:
Will there be things like servos or something to that effect? I think it wold be cool to have a robot do the robot... IN MINECRAFT...in SPACE!... the program would be difficult though....
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Robot level, no. Block level, yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)   Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Circuits (Wow topic lenght was too short)
Page 1 of 1