Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Making a Tech Tree

Go down 
+18
sarzeath
Tyranid_Player
Tiel+
Laibach
Jake Von
Hierarch Fenway
The Schmetterling
Soul of Jack
ACH0225
blockman42
Joel
Commander Error
Burnttoaster
fr0stbyte124
torrentialAberration
Last_Jedi_Standing
hyperlite
Iv121
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 4:55 pm

Commander error please follow the instructions I wrote in the OP I can't add it like that ...
Also as I said we don't make the tech tree like that. You submit technology , not the research. The research for different hull types will probably fall under "Chemistry" section.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Commander error please follow the instructions I wrote in the OP I can't add it like that ...
Also as I said we don't make the tech tree like that. You submit technology , not the research. The research for different hull types will probably fall under "Chemistry" section.

Please re read the post i made. Take note of the "WILL change" and "Basic stuff".

I'm working on it.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:26 pm

We could make hull plating specialize in absorbing different kinds of damage, or give higher tier plating secondary abilities.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Alright making you armor plating technology:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 2:48 am

Iv121 wrote:
Alright making you armor plating technology:

Spoiler:

Yes! We must add those blocks right away!
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:07 pm

That's more of a ladder, a tree has branches
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:30 pm

It is not quite in order, rearrange it numerically.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:09 pm

You don't read what I write aren't you ? The tree is research, what I wrote is a list of results, it's not the same. I will later see common research in all those and build out of it a tech tree. I also ask you to submit that stuff here.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Just came up with this out of the blue.Maybe something that makes plant life grow faster?Could grow more food.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Bonemeal! Smile
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:28 pm

...Mack, for a man that told me in another thread that armor is pointless, you seem to support it here..

Am I really that hated?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Commander Error wrote:
...Mack, for a man that told me in another thread that armor is pointless, you seem to support it here..

Am I really that hated?

No. I do like shielding, but it will only help you in the early stages of the game where not many people have powerful weapons, or when your shields are down and you are trying to escape.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:16 am

So let's balance it and make a use out of armor plating Razz .
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:42 am

Armor plating could be of the most use on corvettes and gunboats, any ship that's too small to support a shield generator.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:09 am

Iv121 wrote:
So let's balance it and make a use out of armor plating Razz .

Very well. You can have armor plating if you want. But I wont use it (much).
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:07 am

Still didn't get anything from you ,

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:55 am

Alright, I got some technology for you.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Looks good. Maybe stats tweaking here and there ...
Back to top Go down
Jake Von
Jake Von

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Iv121 wrote:
I know it's a bit early to talk about it but better sooner than later. I want to try and build Futurecraft's tech tree (And make a nice picture representing it Smile ). Post here entries for all different tech we talked abou:

Name

- Subcategory (see below)
- Description.
- how advanced this technology in your opinion ? (rate from 1 to 10)
- Research you think it might require.

If you don't know one of the fields mark them in red so other forum members will bring ideas about them.

Subcategories:

I think all tech should be divided into specific categories to make working with them easier. I need you advise on this one.

- Engines
- Shields
- Ballistic weapons
- Particle weapons *
- Plasmatic weapons *
- Cores
- Life support (Air pumps, gravity ...)
- Sensors and Comm
- Hull
- misc

Legit ?

* Need help to divide the weapons into sub-categories. I think it's best to have 3 weapons types that deal different damage to different types of armor, see my armor plating thread: https://futurecraft.forumotion.com/t436-armor-plating?highlight=armor

Research:

I think that the way to advance through this tech tree is research that is made in labs: You leave research material in a machine and it researches new technology from the tech tree that is later applied to create new blocks / machines (The research material is lost in the process). I need a bit of advice about the tree's subcategories. I thought about this :

- Electronic : Most of the ship's subsystems require this research sub tree, from oxygen suppliers to weapon batteries.
- Energetic : Most weapon and shield technologies require this research sub tree.
- Chemistry : Required mostly in hull technology and processing of raw materials that can be later used for other technologies.
- Tactical : Crew management , combat manoeuvres and special abilities come under this sub tree.
- Alien : Understanding of alien technology can lead to groundbreaking discoveries. Unfortunately research material is quite rare.

Seems legit ?
I think it would be interesting to see weapon systems such as Gauss Guns and Railguns, but I don't think they would fall under any of the mentioned weapon cateogories (Ballistic/Particle/Energy), at least not to a reasonable amount. They would most fall under Ballistic weaponry, but I'm still torn whether the similarities are great enough.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Jake Von wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
I know it's a bit early to talk about it but better sooner than later. I want to try and build Futurecraft's tech tree (And make a nice picture representing it Smile ). Post here entries for all different tech we talked abou:

Name

- Description.

If you don't know one of the fields mark them in red so other forum members will bring ideas about them.

Subcategories:

I think all tech should be divided into specific categories to make working with them easier. I need you advise on this one.

- Engines
- Shields
- Ballistic weapons
- Particle weapons *
- Plasmatic weapons *
- Cores
- Sensors and Comm
- Hull
- misc

Legit ?

* Need help to divide the weapons into sub-categories. I think it's best to have 3 weapons types that deal different damage to different types of armor, see my armor plating thread: https://futurecraft.forumotion.com/t436-armor-plating?highlight=armor

Research:

I think that the way to advance through this tech tree is research that is made in labs: You leave research material in a machine and it researches new technology from the tech tree that is later applied to create new blocks / machines (The research material is lost in the process). I need a bit of advice about the tree's subcategories. I thought about this :

- Electronic : Most of the ship's subsystems require this research sub tree, from oxygen suppliers to weapon batteries.
- Energetic : Most weapon and shield technologies require this research sub tree.
- Chemistry : Required mostly in hull technology and processing of raw materials that can be later used for other technologies.
- Tactical : Crew management , combat manoeuvres and special abilities come under this sub tree.
- Alien : Understanding of alien technology can lead to groundbreaking discoveries. Unfortunately research material is quite rare.

Seems legit ?
I think it would be interesting to see weapon systems such as Gauss Guns and Railguns, but I don't think they would fall under any of the mentioned weapon cateogories (Ballistic/Particle/Energy), at least not to a reasonable amount. They would most fall under Ballistic weaponry, but I'm still torn whether the similarities are great enough.

newb, u shuld no that i no you `r stopid

jus gowa

ignore this
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:54 pm

yeash addup ivvvvveeee
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 6:23 pm

Yey

Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Mca

Hope you enjoy your time here Smile .
Back to top Go down
Jake Von
Jake Von

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Anthony wrote:
Jake Von wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

Name

- Description.

Subcategories:

- Engines
- Shields
- Ballistic weapons
- Particle weapons *
- Plasmatic weapons *
- Cores
- Sensors and Comm
- Hull
- misc

Legit ?

Research:

Seems legit ?

newb, u shuld no that i no you `r stopid

jus gowa

ignore this
What a friendly and on-topic thing to say. I thank you for you kindness and consideration.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Lol, I was joking, welcome to the forum.

oh, and most of the devs will ban you for no reason. *cough* mack *cough*
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Nope his hammer was taken away by Shiva, he now is less powerful than the rest of the mods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a Tech Tree   Making a Tech Tree - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making a Tech Tree
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next