Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want

Go down 
+22
Dux Tell31
Groot
fr0stbyte124
Formedoubly
hyperlite
Red Fang
Buggy1997123
Danice123
ACH0225
xanex21
Commander Error
LOZZO1000
hiloser12221
Last_Jedi_Standing
GLaDOS
Laibach
Keon
Tiel+
herobrine
blockman42
TinkerPox
Pat Best
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:43 am

hiloser12221 wrote:
When you guys mention these elites and zealots, are you talking about halo stuff or SC stuff?

Elites are from halo.

Zealots are from SC.

But really, Elites are a ripoff of Protoss ( so are the Predators! )
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:58 am

Halo was in the works even before SC was released...And I see no visual similarities whatsoever between the two species anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Tiel wrote:
Halo was in the works even before SC was released...And I see no visual similarities whatsoever between the two species anyhow.

Oh?

So I guess the tall aliens with the reversed legs, two thumbs on each hand, cloaking, high technology and energy blades have absolutely nothing to do with the other tall aliens with the reversed legs, two thumbs on each hand, high technology, cloaking and energy blades?

Oh hey, what`s this? They both tend to obliterate enemy populations from their ships using energy beams.

Come again? Both are religious zealots who blindly follow their leader`s orders?

Oh, ok, no similarity there.

Now, the first halo was on Xbox, unless there`s one before that which I don`t know about.

The first Starcraft was a 1995 release, with Brood War in 1999. There were no xboxes at this point in time. This was the age of the Nintendo 64 and Playstation 1.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:01 pm

Halo was in the works since about 1993 or so for the Macs. Sangheili don't have two thumbs, they have hands if I recall. As for high technology, etc, I don't know if you've noticed - but almost every video game alien race nowadays have those distinct traits. Starcraft races were intended to be generic. And I've yet to see Protoss obliterate an entire planet, or blindly follow religion.

Please, I've been courteous throughout this debate and I'd ask you to do the same.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Pat22 ( The One. ) wrote:
Tiel wrote:

Oh?

So I guess the tall aliens with the reversed legs, two thumbs on each hand, cloaking, high technology and energy blades have absolutely nothing to do with the other tall aliens with the reversed legs, two thumbs on each hand, high technology, cloaking and energy blades?

Oh hey, what`s this? They both tend to obliterate enemy populations from their ships using energy beams.

Come again? Both are religious zealots who blindly follow their leader`s orders?

Oh, ok, no similarity there.

Now, the first halo was on Xbox, unless there`s one before that which I don`t know about.

The first Starcraft was a 1995 release, with Brood War in 1999. There were no xboxes at this point in time. This was the age of the Nintendo 64 and Playstation 1.
Elites have hands, and they don't blindly follow orders any more than the humans do. Remember the whole break-away faction of the Covenant (I don't remember what they were called).
Anyway almost everyone in Halo seems to have cloaking.

This debate has officially degenerated. We should end it now before someone gets really upset. No-one won.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:18 pm

Then the Precursors and Forerunners come in and kill you all. With help from the Flood.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:23 pm

GLaDOS wrote:
Then the Precursors and Forerunners come in and kill you all. With help from the Flood.
The Flood would have no effect on battle droids. A few squads of SBDs and some droidekas would pwn the Flood.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:26 pm

You do have a point there...but Flood can still kill Sentinels, ditto for land based robots.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Tiel wrote:
You do have a point there...but Flood can still kill Sentinels, ditto for land based robots.
My understanding is that the Sentinels held back the Flood for a long time, but were eventually overwhelmed because there weren't very many Sentinels around. There are literally trillions of B1 battle droids.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:39 pm

That is why I included the Forerunners (who built The Ark and the Halo Array) and the Precursors (who created most of the life in the universe).
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:40 pm

But whereas Sentinels hovered and could only be harmed by the Flood pure forms and those who collected discarded weapons (very few of them, mind you), a Combat Form would probably tear quite a few B1's up before it would go down, especially when taking into consideration their piss poor aim lol!

Maybe with swarm tactics, yeah. Then all they'd have to do is mass fire in the general direction.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:43 pm

The Halo Array was built to destroy most of the galaxy. I use that. All my troops are on the Ark when it happens. Boom.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:25 pm

the flood pales in comparison to the replicators, I think anyway
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:35 pm

Tiel wrote:
But whereas Sentinels hovered and could only be harmed by the Flood pure forms and those who collected discarded weapons (very few of them, mind you), a Combat Form would probably tear quite a few B1's up before it would go down, especially when taking into consideration their piss poor aim lol!

Maybe with swarm tactics, yeah. Then all they'd have to do is mass fire in the general direction.
Droidekas and Coliciod Annihilators have energy shields and awesome weapons. A B2 takes a lot of damage before dying.
The Halo Array targets sentient life, so it wouldn't kill battle droids, either. (Except for JKDs, but they're different and don't really count.)
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Quote :
Elites have hands, and they don't blindly follow orders any more than the humans do. Remember the whole break-away faction of the Covenant (I don't remember what they were called).

Yeah they have hands, and each hand has two thumbs and two fingers.

Don't believe me? Start the game, play as an elite, pick up an energy sword or plasma rifle.

I VERY CLEARLY remember seeing two thumbs on those.

As for blindly following orders, the elites were hellbent on destroying the entire universe with the HALO weapons because their prophets told them it was the way to the great journey.

I don't see the humans doing that.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:54 pm

GLaDOS wrote:

First, the flood and Forerunners were not allies.

Second, the Zerg swarm comes in and destroys then flood, and then the Xel'Naga come in and deal with the Forerunners.

Oh hey look, more similarities between the two franchises.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Quote :

Don't believe me? Start the game, play as an elite, pick up an energy sword or plasma rifle.

As for blindly following orders, the elites were hellbent on destroying the entire universe with the HALO weapons because their prophets told them it was the way to the great journey.

I repeat what I said about the conversation having degenerated, and the need to change the subject.

Next up: Star Wars, Star Trek, Starcraft, Stargate, Dr. Who, Battlestar Galactica, Halo, and Firefly vs. Twilight.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Quote :

I repeat what I said about the conversation having degenerated, and the need to change the subject.

Next up: Star Wars, Star Trek, Starcraft, Stargate, Dr. Who, Battlestar Galactica, Halo, and Firefly vs. Twilight.

Oh come on, I hope no one is getting offended by this argument.

Even though I'm taking the Protoss' side, I like Halo and Star Wars alike and I'm just arguing because...well.. that's what we're doing right now, having a franchise war and I happen to have chosen to defend the Protoss.

In the end, we all know Goku wins anyways.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:27 pm

To be fair, I don't know what the Xel'Naga are capabale of, nor what the Forerunners are capable of.
They're both just some old ancient species, one that created the Protoss and the Zerg and then got killed by the zerg, the other that created the Halo rings and then killed themselves with them?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Quote :

Oh come on, I hope no one is getting offended by this argument.

Even though I'm taking the Protoss' side, I like Halo and Star Wars alike and I'm just arguing because...well.. that's what we're doing right now, having a franchise war and I happen to have chosen to defend the Protoss.

In the end, we all know Goku wins anyways.
I'm not getting offended, and I don't thing anyone else is. I just know how these things inevitably end. The last time, over on the MCF, it turned into a trolling war and the moderators had to delete a bunch of posts. But if you thing it can keep going safely, by all means, continue. This is fun.

I am building a cruiser in SPC at the same time, though, so it could be awhile before I respond to a post.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Goku?

I'm sorry, so weird elf alien guy won't stand up to a fleet of star destroyers/a halo ring/whatever the protoss have

no matter how far over 9000 he was
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:33 pm

Pat, don't take this personally, but you're aggressive, and for lack of a better word, mean. To me it seems you're implying I'm an idiot in every counterargument you make.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Tiel wrote:
Pat, don't take this personally, but you're aggressive, and for lack of a better word, mean. To me it seems you're implying I'm an idiot in every counterargument you make.
I don't think so. Pat is sarcastic at times, but not mean. At least not very mean.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:39 pm

It's all in my head then, in which case it'd be best for everyone if I ceased to participate in this debate.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Tiel wrote:
It's all in my head then, in which case it'd be best for everyone if I ceased to participate in this debate.
What? You can stay. As long as no-one is flaming, it'll be OK. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want
Page 7 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next