Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )

Go down 
+13
Keon
Laserbilly
blockman42
Commander Kobialka
Joel
Iv121
superninjakiwi
Laibach
Last_Jedi_Standing
ACH0225
Shiva
Tiel+
Pat Best
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 4:43 pm

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
It does? :O You learn something new every day don't you? Very Happy
That's kinda basic...

well I usually play TEC :/

In Trinity, the Advent are known to have the weakest early game, and the weakest economy, meaning it's a struggle to survive the beginning and at the end you're still struggling because of your inferior income.

In Rebellion, the Advent Rebels are known as the third strongest race ( or were, they've been balanced not two days ago in the most recent patch ) behind both Loyalist and Rebel Vasari, who were completely overpowered but have also been brought closer to balance in the latest patch.
Loyalist Advent were considered to be lacking certain things to be balanced, but have been buffed in the latest patch.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Does anyone else think the Vasari Rebe Titan is overpowered? I called in backup from 2 of my TEC Loyalist allies once so they could help me and my entire fleet fight on VR Titan. They came with their titans and their entire fleets because everyone else wa wiped out so they had nothing to do. The VR Titan had a healing ability it used on itself. IT HEALED FASTER THAN 3 PLAYERS TITANS AND ENTIRE FLEETS COULD DAMAGE IT. it was level 10 and had 17,000 HP. The thing took all of our entire fleets, and one of our titans. And the VR thought it would be a great time to end THEIR entire fleet, after we had battled the titan for 30 minutes!!! Thank God I was playing on capitol Victory. One of my cannons took out their homeworld just before my titan died and I gained Capitol Victory. Anyone else have this problem while fighting the VR?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Oh please, let Pat give you a lecture on how Vasari are OP. I don't doubt it, but Avenger lost as them so somehow I'm thinking there's a bit of exaggeration regarding them in Rebellion.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Tiel wrote:
Oh please, let Pat give you a lecture on how Vasari are OP. I don't doubt it, but Avenger lost as them so somehow I'm thinking there's a bit of exaggeration regarding them in Rebellion.

I don't have enough full games under my belt...and my late game depended on eating planets at the time, while we were on an asteroid map...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:23 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Tiel wrote:

I don't have enough full games under my belt...and my late game depended on eating planets at the time, while we were on an asteroid map...

Going to be as blunt as possible here-

You're saying you lost as them because you're bad at the game?
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Tiel wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Tiel wrote:

Going to be as blunt as possible here-

You're saying you lost as them because you're bad at the game?

Got a bad map right as I started playing Razz
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Does anyone else think the Vasari Rebe Titan is overpowered? I called in backup from 2 of my TEC Loyalist allies once so they could help me and my entire fleet fight on VR Titan. They came with their titans and their entire fleets because everyone else wa wiped out so they had nothing to do. The VR Titan had a healing ability it used on itself. IT HEALED FASTER THAN 3 PLAYERS TITANS AND ENTIRE FLEETS COULD DAMAGE IT. it was level 10 and had 17,000 HP. The thing took all of our entire fleets, and one of our titans. And the VR thought it would be a great time to end THEIR entire fleet, after we had battled the titan for 30 minutes!!! Thank God I was playing on capitol Victory. One of my cannons took out their homeworld just before my titan died and I gained Capitol Victory. Anyone else have this problem while fighting the VR?

Yes, the Vasari Rebel Titan feeds off of enemy ships. Frigates to be precise. The more frigates you bring to fight it, the greater its healing ability will be. The trick against this one is to bring no frigates at all. Only capital ships and Titans, and it will have nothing to leech off of. You could also use bombers but make sure to keep the carrier craft far away from the Titan.
That at the possibility of early-game mobile star base rushes are what make the VR overpowered.
However, Nanoleech has been nerfed, and as I've said it can be countered by simply not bringing frigates near the Titan, and the jumping star bases have also been nerfed in the most recent patch.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 6:53 pm

Pat Best wrote:

Yes, the Vasari Rebel Titan feeds off of enemy ships. Frigates to be precise. The more frigates you bring to fight it, the greater its healing ability will be. The trick against this one is to bring no frigates at all. Only capital ships and Titans, and it will have nothing to leech off of. You could also use bombers but make sure to keep the carrier craft far away from the Titan.
That at the possibility of early-game mobile star base rushes are what make the VR overpowered.
However, Nanoleech has been nerfed, and as I've said it can be countered by simply not bringing frigates near the Titan, and the jumping star bases have also been nerfed in the most recent patch.

What is your opinion on this? Do you think it's overpowered? Can they feed off cruisers as well?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Cruisers = Frigates.

That's likely a feature that will remain.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Pat Best wrote:

What is your opinion on this? Do you think it's overpowered? Can they feed off cruisers as well?

I think, under some circumstances, it could very well be overpowered. While it prevents you from bringing frigates to assault the Titan, it does not prevent him from bringing any. So while you need to pull your fleet back to leave only capital ships and your Titan, he can have all his caps, his Titan, AND a supporting frigate fleet.

However, there are things that change the outcome. For example, as rebel Advent, my Titan can feed of of his frigates just as well as he can feed off of mine, while also destroying them much more effectively, so we're on equal grounds when it comes to frigates there.
In addition, pretty much all factions have an ability that allow them to quickly wipe out entire fleets.
Finally, all you really need to do is drain the Titan's antimatter with a capital ship ability ( all factions have one capital ship capable of draining Titan antimatter ) before bringing in your fleet, and then making sure his AM remains drained.
So it's not overpowered as much as it's effective in many situations and hard to counter properly, but pretty much everyone has something like that.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:26 pm

It's definitely OP when you don't know what you're up against, as you've seen.
Ach0 did the same, sent his whole fleet against that titan and came back with only his own titan and two severely damaged cap ships.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 pm

Limped back.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:23 am

I like the Vasari Loyalists...the titan can blink and literally eat 90% of your frigates. Oh yeah, and my economy tends to snowball after I get shipboard labs.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:17 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
I like the Vasari Loyalists...the titan can blink and literally eat 90% of your frigates. Oh yeah, and my economy tends to snowball after I get shipboard labs.

And that is the reason why the loyalists are considered overpowered. Once you get shipboard labs, you can get access to higher tech than others much easier, as well as extra income from your capital ships.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:57 pm

And the whole sell-your-labs-for-trade thing Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12