Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )

Go down 
+19
Commander Kobialka
ACH0225
Potato
Commander Error
fr0stbyte124
Iv121
Hierarch Fenway
Dux Tell31
Beaner
Red Fang
Shiva
Danice123
GLaDOS
Laibach
Last_Jedi_Standing
hiloser12221
Keon
Tiel+
Pat Best
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Advent stations, on the other hand, are beautiful and curvy and awesome, and will mothereffing KEEL YEW WITH ASTEROIDS!
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Nice idea though, I'll definitely start playing exclusively Hard Advent in singleplayer to figure out a backdoor Wink
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:10 pm

Might want to crank it up to unfair or brutal to simulate actually playing against my steamroller Razz
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:12 pm

I thought hard was the maximum? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:12 pm

not for trinity, i think
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Well then.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Easy.
Normal
Hard
Unfair
Cruel
Vicious
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 pm

As soon as I am able to beat a Vicious AI I'll be ready to 1v1 you or Shiva. Kinda scared that Sins will let the AI cheat, though. That's just cheap but it's featured in a ton of RTS's.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 pm

I really hate that
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Tiel wrote:
As soon as I am able to beat a Vicious AI I'll be ready to 1v1 you or Shiva. Kinda scared that Sins will let the AI cheat, though. That's just cheap but it's featured in a ton of RTS's.

In Starcraft / Warcraft, raising the difficulty of the AI will lead to then winning more resources per node. Instead of say 10 per second, it's 15 or 20.

I'm gonna go play that Vasari game. Tiel, you coming with me?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:43 pm

In class right now, sorry tongue
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:45 pm

Tiel wrote:
In class right now, sorry tongue

Get up, scream something about the Unity coming to converge us all, then run out of class screaming like a madman.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Ugh I hate the Vasari's voices!
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:03 pm

ikr
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:15 pm

That's the main reason why I don't play them.

Haha! Advent repair stations are better than Vasari ones.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:43 pm

Hehe, get the Vasari siege capital ship, close your eyes, and click on it. Make sure you're wearing headphones.

And of course they're going to sound bad, you're used to listening to a disembodied female voice talking about the Unity Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:51 pm

Tiel wrote:
Hehe, get the Vasari siege capital ship, close your eyes, and click on it. Make sure you're wearing headphones.

And of course they're going to sound bad, you're used to listening to a disembodied female voice talking about the Unity Laughing

Even without having heard the Advent first. The first race I tried was the Vasari and I quit the game after 5 minutes because I couldn't stand their voices.

Also, it makes me wonder where all the Advent men went.

If it's like the night elves, then they're all sleeping somewhere while the women kick ass.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:21 pm

omfg, pirates. I just started up a game, had a small fleet of a cap and a few frigates, and then the pirates warp in with a freaking battlegroup, even though I have a bounty of 0. They make absolutely no sense in Trinity, they were much better in Sins imo.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Tiel wrote:
omfg, pirates. I just started up a game, had a small fleet of a cap and a few frigates, and then the pirates warp in with a freaking battlegroup, even though I have a bounty of 0. They make absolutely no sense in Trinity, they were much better in Sins imo.

Why does everyone have so much trouble with pirates?

Build like 3 Missiles platforms / Beam platforms / Gauss platforms and make sure your fleet stays around them and the pirates will get torn to shreds, even if you've only got like 1 cap ship and 4-6 frigates.

The first defensive structures are absurdly powerful for their small price.

A repair platform, also very powerful for a small price, can make a huge difference, especially if your cap ship is taking a pounding.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:39 pm

By the way, I did a comparison and the phase lanes created by phase stabilizers don't make your ships go slower than regular phase lanes. They're the same speed baseline, and can be upgraded to be even faster than regular phase lanes, thus putting emphasis on the Vasari's mobility aspect.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Vasari ships take so long to build D:
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:15 pm

I made my fleet jump out, and then had my drones build some defense platforms. Hehe, 5 of those are cheaper than a Starbase and do twice the damage of an unmodified one. Me gusta.

And it's not so much the speed of vasari ships building, it's the price. I'm not sure myself whether the Vasari are supposed to have an early game advantage or a late game one, as the basic frigate costs a lot, but if you wait too long the enemy will be able to make a fleet capable of pummeling you to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Pat (the) Best wrote:
Tiel wrote:

Even without having heard the Advent first. The first race I tried was the Vasari and I quit the game after 5 minutes because I couldn't stand their voices.

If it's like the night elves, then they're all sleeping somewhere while the women kick ass.

ehh, I always assumed since they share one mind and they'r a quasi-cult, the female voice is to seem more attractive, calm, and soothing (or something) to the masses

or maybe they eat the men after they've mated(star trek episode...?) who knows
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Well at least for the price, your ships are more resistant and deal more damage. Your Ravastras got at least 50% more health/shield and damage than my Disciple vessels.

BUT, having now played all three races at least once in a game where I looked at the tech trees, I notice that the Advent economy is the hardest to set up from the three by a pretty large margin.

Both TEC and Vasari have early access to resource increases, and late access to trade income increase.

Advent have to rely on trade stations, which they can't increase, for both trade and resources. I guess it's a + in a way. You can have trade stations and switch them between either increased metal / crystal or increased credit.

But you need the final upgrade for the mineral / crystal boost to be worthwhile.

Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:35 pm

coalminingalchemist wrote:
Pat (the) Best wrote:
Tiel wrote:

ehh, I always assumed since they share one mind and they'r a quasi-cult, the female voice is to seem more attractive, calm, and soothing (or something) to the masses

or maybe they eat the men after they've mated(star trek episode...?) who knows

Knowing the Advent, they probably don't need to rely on mating to reproduce. Knowing the Advent, they probably mate anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next