Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )

Go down 
+19
Commander Kobialka
ACH0225
Potato
Commander Error
fr0stbyte124
Iv121
Hierarch Fenway
Dux Tell31
Beaner
Red Fang
Shiva
Danice123
GLaDOS
Laibach
Last_Jedi_Standing
hiloser12221
Keon
Tiel+
Pat Best
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:36 pm

Twice the armor for twice the price, yet half the firepower. :/

IMO it should be the inverse, Advent are likely the most powerful, as you say, so they should get the floating bricks while Vasari get the ones more suited to lightning fast harassment attacks.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:44 pm

Tiel wrote:
Twice the armor for twice the price, yet half the firepower. :/

IMO it should be the inverse, Advent are likely the most powerful, as you say, so they should get the floating bricks while Vasari get the ones more suited to lightning fast harassment attacks.

No no, you get more firepower as well.

But even then, the Advent's main goal is revenge, as such, powerful weapons to pulverize their enemies fits them perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:31 pm

All I have to say is that I've never had a single problem with Advent economy. I have bigger fits with the TEC.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Shiva wrote:
All I have to say is that I've never had a single problem with Advent economy. I have bigger fits with the TEC.

It's not that it is problematic, it's that it is much easier to set up a strong economy with the other two, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Read something about using culture earlier in the game to boost economy, which I'm not doing, perhaps that could make a condiserable difference.

But I played a game earlier, and with only 4 planets and one asteroid as Vasari, I set up a better trade network than I could have in that timeframe with Advent.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Strange, though I do hit the Culture techs early so that I can fling out a few Starbases and make very, very loyal far-flung systems. My build order in new systems usually goes...

Asteroids
Trade Port
Defenses (depending on proximity to enemy planets, 2 and 3 are interchangeable. All the while, I'm upgrading the number of construction drones/slots I have.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:38 pm

I'M BORED, WHO WANTS TO PLAY A GAME>!??!?!
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:35 am

Well I just found out that getting early culture is good for my economy since it increases my alliegance on all affected planets by 10%, and this my income by 10%.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:22 am

Okay, figured out how to compress the video, and it's not jerky. 8 minutes to compress it per video though.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:17 pm

How? I don't know how to do it myself.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Thanks to YT's totally gary What a Face 10 minute limit, I'll have the episodes arranged into two parts apiece. Episode 1 is from my perspective, Episode 2 from yours, and Episode 3 from the Serak's. I've finished Part I of Episode 1 though, just need to wait to get home to upload to youtube.
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Hope its funny. But will there be voice?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:02 pm

I was considering making commentary, but my mic seems to be broken. No, rly. I tried recording in camtasia and all I got was static silent
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:09 pm

you're sure its set as the "default" mic in the control panel?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:20 pm

What program are you using for the video compression?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Virtualdub, xvid codec
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Tiel wrote:
Virtualdub, xvid codec

Thanks.

Now, anyone for a game?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:39 am

This just in,

Unfair AIs are unfair.

I started a 1v1 against one on a 6-planet map, close quarters. I soon found myself fighting a 3-front war which stretched my resources past their limits.

On one front, the pirates attacking my ice planet.

On the other, the Unfair Advent AI hitting my capital world with military tech that surpassed my own.

The third front? Well that would be culture. I put up some culture early game for an econ boost and he replied instantly by going crazy with culture, he brought my capital down to 48% alliegance before I could finally pour what little resources I had into culture research, build a second temple, and manage to fight it back.

Now I've managed to send the next pirate raid on him, freeing the forces and resources allocated to my ice planet.

With those, I've managed to drive him back from my homeworld, granting me a reprieve from this relentless onslaught.

I've begun constructing a starbase, my economy is on the rise once more, and I can being mass production of warships.

The tides of war are turning, it's only a matter of time now.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:58 am

Well I just found out that shields are not just a second health bar, they have something unique.

Shield mitigation: when your shield gets shot at it adapts to the projectiles being fired at it and increases a % of mitigation, which completely nullifies a portion of the incoming damage.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:54 am

Ha, it's in a game this small that you find out just how damn powerful Cleansing Brilliance is.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:59 am

How do I rename capital ships?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:14 am

I wish I could post a picture, but there's a slim little button with arrows going like <<<>>> above the portrait of your world/capital ship. Clicking it will bring up a dialog box where you can rename it. Press ENTER, and done.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:36 am

Tiel wrote:
I wish I could post a picture, but there's a slim little button with arrows going like <<<>>> above the portrait of your world/capital ship. Clicking it will bring up a dialog box where you can rename it. Press ENTER, and done.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:59 pm

This just in - Cleansing Brilliance in any situation is a good answer.

Additionally, I've told you before in chat that shields get more powerful as you knock them down, Pat.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Shiva wrote:
This just in - Cleansing Brilliance in any situation is a good answer.

Additionally, I've told you before in chat that shields get more powerful as you knock them down, Pat.

I probably missed that when you said it.

Also, I know it's good in any situation, but the mental impact is different between firing in in a massive fleet and just knowing its doing damage without visibly seeing it doing anything because there are too many ships and firing it in a small fleet in a small map and taking out over half the fleet, knowing that with the limited income you get from the only three planets you have it will take along time to rebuild what you just reduced atomic dust in a matter of seconds.

You know, it's the difference between "Oh, you took out a dozen of my ships? Meh, I've got huge income from the 20 planets in my empire, I'll have them rebuilt in a minute and your fleet is still outnumbered anyways."
and

"SWEET JESUS THAT WAS HALF MY SHIPS YOU JUST TOOK OUT! I DON'T HAVE THE INCOME TO PUT RESOURCES INTO REBUILDING THEM!"
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:45 pm

Hahahahaah. True, very, very true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next