Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Political opinions

Go down 
+15
Potato
Commander Kobialka
Dux Tell31
Laibach
superninjakiwi
Hierarch Fenway
Grand Imperial Thunder
fr0stbyte124
Iv121
Tiel+
Last_Jedi_Standing
ACH0225
Danice123
Keon
hyperlite
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

Political opinions - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:53 am

two of every species.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:55 am

Nope. 7 pairs of every 'clean' animal, 1 pair of every 'unclean' species. Heaven knows what the criteria for 'unclean' animals was. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:56 am

Sir Tielton wrote:
Khmac wrote:
Sir Tielton wrote:
I call God to the stand.
*Whispers in Sir Tielton's ear* God's busy at the moment, we sent in Jesus instead...

Speaking of which, just what the **** is God doing through all this? He made us, he knows we're not perfect. He'd have predicted his son would die at our hands, so why bother?

Why not just come down and say "Hey dudes, I'll, like, be up here. Pray to me if you need anything. Halla!"

Thats a good question. Let me see if I can give you a good answer.

It really begins with the fact that God loves us. And that he wants us to love him back. But love doesn't mean anything when its not of free will. God didn't make us imperfect, we did that ourselves. God loves us, but God is also good, and cannot stand evil. So after the fall there was a gap between us and God. It was first bridged through sacrifice, as sin is punished with death the death of a sacrifice was payment for sin. But this wasn't good enough. Jesus then bridged that gap forever by paying the price in full, his death washes away our sin and allows God to be with us.

And if God came down and said that, you would have to believe him, and have to fear him. And thus your free will is destroyed. God doesn't want subjects, he wants relationships. And that requires free will.
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:57 am

Sir Tielton wrote:
Nope. 7 pairs of every 'clean' animal, 1 pair of every 'unclean' species. Heaven knows what the criteria for 'unclean' animals was. Rolling Eyes

Theres a list actually. But that list doesn't apply to us gentiles.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:04 pm

The Bible says he requires Godly Fear, and must be respected. While your explanation is clear and informative it doesn't really explain just why he can't pop in once and a while and check on us, like the loving parent he's supposed to be.

And exactly, we'd have to believe him because we'd have been given irrefutable evidence. God should know how we are, he made us, after all, and is omnipotent. I don't see why he's so scared of him being feared (bringing me back to godly fear) , seeing as in ancient Israel he took an active role in governing the people, where he was respected, not feared.

But again, nice answer.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Just how many species are we talking about here? There are a couple million recorded species of beetle. That alone would probably swamp a boat.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:29 pm

No, Satan made the beetles.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
When? After the flood? What did all the frogs eat?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:35 pm

That's why they call it the holey Bible. You know, because it's full of holes.

Political opinions - Page 7 Viral_thing_0508
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
The Bible says he requires Godly Fear, and must be respected. While your explanation is clear and informative it doesn't really explain just why he can't pop in once and a while and check on us, like the loving parent he's supposed to be.

And exactly, we'd have to believe him because we'd have been given irrefutable evidence. God should know how we are, he made us, after all, and is omnipotent. I don't see why he's so scared of him being feared (bringing me back to godly fear) , seeing as in ancient Israel he took an active role in governing the people, where he was respected, not feared.

But again, nice answer.

In ancient Israel REALLY only the great leaders truly interacted with God. This is VERY evident with the whole golden calf incident, Moses leaves for a few DAYS and they already have a new God. And your right, it doesn't explain why he doesn't pop in like you say. I'm really at a loss to explain that, other than he has a plan, and it must not be in his plan. God has been noticeably absent from the developed world especially in recent years. Maybe its not that he doesn't show up, its that the modern person just doesn't look for him any more.

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Just how many species are we talking about here? There are a couple million recorded species of beetle. That alone would probably swamp a boat.

Species is a generic term. In the time of Noah, nobody had a formal list of species or anything. For all we know, dinosaurs dies out because the only one of their 'species' that came on the ark was a crocodile and that God figured that one crocodile would be enough lol.

Sir Tielton wrote:

Hahaha. Though to be THAT GUY Satan didn't MAKE anything, he just corrupted what was already made.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:12 pm

Well Moses was absent for 40 days, Its quite long for a 400m tall mountain ... (It's 20m per day Rolling Eyes no woder they lost faith in him)
Leaders BTW were known for disobaing God, that's why they kept prophets around, so that they hear God's anger and shut it all on them. Interesting fact they accepted this criticism. Lets see you shouting on any other king and surviving ...

Moses was a prophet BTW ... Prophets were those who truly spoke with god.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:14 pm

no reply.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Well there's the thing. I can just go out and say God spoke to me and have more authority than the King. You don't smell anything fishy there?
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:21 pm

king no, no more athority than me!
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
Well there's the thing. I can just go out and say God spoke to me and have more authority than the King. You don't smell anything fishy there?

Well its not like they didn't prove it. Moses slapped a rock and water came out. Elijah ran faster than a chariot at full speed. Also had a bear come out of the woods and kill some kids that were annoying him..
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:45 pm

But one can only trust the accounts; there's no way of knowing if these actually occurred.

I mean, maybe Christianity is like Mythology. People made up a God to worship to give some meaning to their life. Supporting this are God's viewpoints on matters such as homosexuality and marriage - outdated by today's standards.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:54 pm

God does not live in time, everything has happened where he is, or isn't, which is why Jesus is technically sacrificed every mass, and yet only died once, same for christmas, obviously he was only born once, but in heaven there is no time, so everything is happening, happened? at the same time.

but as for doing everything for us, or constantly babying us, that would slowly turn us into babies, then vegetables.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:59 pm

CoalMiningAlchemist wrote:
God does not live in time, everything has happened where he is, or isn't, which is why Jesus is technically sacrificed every mass, and yet only died once, same for christmas, obviously he was only born once, but in heaven there is no time, so everything is happening, happened? at the same time.

but as for doing everything for us, or constantly babying us, that would slowly turn us into babies, then vegetables.

What you're saying is that God's in a different dimension than us. So why should we care?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:08 pm

With that Moses thingy it wasn't a rock it was his staff, and it was one of his tinny little crimes - instead of asking the stone for milk he simply hit the stone and got water, it's not like the fact they got water bothered the Israelis but god wasn't satisfied with it ...

And for Tiel - As I said before you should search for truth in religion. as you won't find it. You should seek knowledge hidden in those books. They have a lot of useful stuff in them. Different lessons the elders learned and want to pass on. Do you know why the Jews were blamed in spreading the black pox (Or whatever it's name is ) besides being Jews ? They weren't sick with it (at least not as much as the Cristians were). Why ? Hygiene - Part of the Jewish rituals involve cleaning yourself. The simple fact that they washed their hands before they ate or that they took a bath at least once a month saved their lives (even though they did it only because it was written in the bible) ... at least until the angry Christians appear Razz .

Currently I hear how the Muezzin calls the Muslims for the evening pray. The local Arab villages are mostly Muslim and so they have many of those minarets popping out of their miserable streets. Muslims were not supposed to be a radical religion like many believe. They were actually more acceptable towards Jews than Christians. The only problem is that since then the western world moved on , they didn't. I'm not sure they know what are they praying for. They are listening to the words coming from the Koran but they are hearing what they were taught, what's the meaning of Jihad, why other religions should be erased. They probably don't know that Jihad - the fight for the religion as meant to be helping build the local mosque or giving money to the local Kindergarten. They are trying to find something that is not present there just like the Christians did many years ago. This approach of desperate search for truth leads you to dead ends, to fanaticism and hatred . If you know how to avoid those dead ends and hazzards you may find something useful in every religion.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Iv, I was raised as a Christian. I know this stuff.

There's no point in finding any 'truth in religion' because there is none, it's all utter bulls**t.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:26 pm

tiel, I really doubt that, well, that you were raised in any sort of proper religion, probably just "God loves you, behave" right?

and of course the ubiquitous bible studies
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:32 pm

And if the heaven has no time how can they be released after the end of the world????

I dont understand Christians They canĀ“t accept that god is (if he exists)

a.An Asshole(because he dont stop all the pain and crime on the world)
b.Weak (because he cant prevent the evil or doesnt know about it)

So what is your problem Christians????

Anyway who wants god If there are COOOKIEES!!!!
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:36 pm

what the <CENSORED> cool, you dont call God an asshole

and we brought it on ourselves, and its already happned in heave, just not form out perspective, sort of, its a mystery of divine revelation

also, God made cookies, you are by far the stupidest athiest/muslim/taoist/spaghetti eating mosnter crap ball thing worshipper i've ever talked to

JEDIT: Cool is bloody annoying, but he still doesn't deserve this. You have been warned.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 pm

tiel, I really doubt that, well, that you were raised in any sort of proper religion, probably just "God loves you, behave" right?

I was a Jehovah's Witness for 7 years. The other 7 I've been trying to sift through the bull, and now I've just figured out it's all bull.

It's just another distraction. We're not going to fix our world's problems by praying to the boogeyman, or any other fictional character.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:51 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:

I was a Jehovah's Witness for 7 years. The other 7 I've been trying to sift through the bull, and now I've just figured out it's all bull.

It's just another distraction. We're not going to fix our world's problems by praying to the boogeyman, or any other fictional character.

that makes a lot of sense

and if you expect God to solve the worlds problems... you're an idiot, our problems are ours, every once and a while God makes a miracle, but he's not going to do our work for us, do you really think that's what religion is about?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Political opinions
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: