Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Terran Trade Confederation

Go down 
+36
Instinct-XIV
Emperor_Revan
Captain stufuzzycat
_Shadowcat_
Acu2010
Drewmanr0435
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
Groot
Laserbilly
Commander Error
Admiral Rekiin
Soul of Jack
torrentialAberration
Caramell
bobtheshoeman
Julo
hyperlite
Eliuser12
Delta
Ivan2006
Joel
TinkerPox
Iv121
Avenger_7
evilninjakiwi
TacticalSheep5
Son of Wolves
Last_Jedi_Standing
superninjakiwi
ACH0225
Commander Kobialka
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
blockman42
Hierarch Fenway
Keon
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:29 pm

Ooh, nice detailing on your preview! This is your frigate, right?
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:29 am

holy mother of god that new ship of yours is wonderful.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:14 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Quote :

I had a really cool idea for a frigate over the weekend and have been working on it every spare moment I've had since then. I've made a lot of progress and hope to finish by tomorrow or Friday night.

Here's a teaser for now:

Spoiler:

No one seemed to notice/care about this, but I have an update! Hopefully I'll be done with this guy by tomorrow.

Spoiler:

Please note that this computer doesn't have spell-check.

Contune building like that, and they will worship you. I knew you had the ability to build that well in you, I knew it.

Anyway, complementing myself doesn't feel as good. And it's not like a complement everyone elses' work. I give complements where they are deserved, and critizim where critizim is deserved.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Ribbing! And soft edges! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Do you actually build your ships from inside to outside ?
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:47 pm

@ Stufuzzycat:

Thank you, yes this is a frigate; it'll around 250 meters long.

@ Blockman:

Thank you, I'm really happy with how it's turning out! I think it's going to be my favorite ship so far! (and it has a surprise that I'll reveal on completion Very Happy !!!)

@ Mac

Man, we all appreciate complements, but when you word them like that, it comes across as very condescending, and no-one likes that. Also, doesn't the forum have its own spell-check?

@ Avenger:

Yeah, I was heavily influenced by Battlestar on this one! Plus, I think I've finally gotten down how to make the bow segment!!!!

Spoiler:

@ IV

Hell no! I avoid insides like the plague! But with this one I'm having to get the basic hull shape down first, before adding my weapons. It'll all make sense when I finish, just bear with me for now.

P.S. Funny story, I had to check whether to use bear or bare for "bear with me," and apparently "bare with me" would have been an invitation to undress! Just a warning for you all Razz .
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:14 am

Laserbilly wrote:
@ Stufuzzycat:

Thank you, yes this is a frigate; it'll around 250 meters long.

@ Blockman:

Thank you, I'm really happy with how it's turning out! I think it's going to be my favorite ship so far! (and it has a surprise that I'll reveal on completion Very Happy !!!)

@ Mac

Man, we all appreciate complements, but when you word them like that, it comes across as very condescending, and no-one likes that. Also, doesn't the forum have its own spell-check?

@ Avenger:

Yeah, I was heavily influenced by Battlestar on this one! Plus, I think I've finally gotten down how to make the bow segment!!!!

Spoiler:

@ IV

Hell no! I avoid insides like the plague! But with this one I'm having to get the basic hull shape down first, before adding my weapons. It'll all make sense when I finish, just bear with me for now.

P.S. Funny story, I had to check whether to use bear or bare for "bear with me," and apparently "bare with me" would have been an invitation to undress! Just a warning for you all Razz .

Sorry, let me rephrase that:

That ship looks amazing! It has the bold geometry of your previous designs combined with the detailing that was lacking in them. Build more like this!
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Thank you Mac, I really appreciate the complement.

Now, here is the finished product:

Spoiler:

Can anyone guess what's so special about this ship design? (other than it blatantly ripping off BSG design)
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:15 pm

It has weird cubic segments in the middle ? are those for turrets ?
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:45 pm

very pleasing as always
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:00 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Thank you Mac, I really appreciate the complement.

Now, here is the finished product:

Spoiler:

Can anyone guess what's so special about this ship design? (other than it blatantly ripping off BSG design)

I notice it has no visible turrets. Does it use missiles instead?

Also, it has what could be power couplings on the side (as you use lava as power cables). What is the significance of this?

Regardless, your ship looks awesome. Your builds have a maturity about them that very few builders ever gain. They mightn't be the best looking, but you know what you are doing, and build with the best of your abilities.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:09 pm

If they aren't the best looking they are #2 or 3, they are different looking, in a way I like.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Mac and IV win the prize! The Berserker class is the Confederation's first modular warship!

What makes it so special is that this here:

Spoiler:

Can become any of these ships and more!

Spoiler:

Now, these are just rough mock-ups so you can see what I'm going for. I only modified and photoed the tops. Until I get tired of it, I'll keep making new modules and uploading new six-sided shots of this ship type (there is a LOT that I can do with this ship).
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:27 pm

Cool variants.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:38 pm

LOVE the variants
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:40 am

I think you just passed the awesome barrier.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:43 am

The bottom one is cool Smile .
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:37 am

Iv121 wrote:
The bottom one is cool Smile .
No.
It's Epic.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:38 pm

As usual, very nice!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:34 pm

Admire the detailing.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:35 am

Hey guys, thanks for all the compliments! I'm pretty busy this week, but I'll see if I can go into detail about the base ship tonight. Until then, here's another photo.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:43 am

How do you make the ships so epic? Do you build them by hand or do you use world edit?
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:57 am

Daynel wrote:
How do you make the ships so epic? Do you build them by hand or do you use world edit?

Hey, sorry about the long silence. I've had a busy couple of nights...

So anyway, I did both. I hand built each segment of my recent ships, then I switched over to mcedit and copied the section I made and aligned it to mirror its original. This cuts my ship-build times in half because all my ships have been symmetrical so far.

As for how I build my ships, most of them are based on drawings that I made years ago. But this new ship strongly follows Battlestar Galactica's warships.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Daynel wrote:

Hey, sorry about the long silence. I've had a busy couple of nights...

So anyway, I did both. I hand built each segment of my recent ships, then I switched over to mcedit and copied the section I made and aligned it to mirror its original. This cuts my ship-build times in half because all my ships have been symmetrical so far.

As for how I build my ships, most of them are based on drawings that I made years ago. But this new ship strongly follows Battlestar Galactica's warships.

That's how I build most of my ships. Quite often I also clone the ship, flip it, then stick it on the bottom. I did that for my cruiser (the one with all the power-lines and machinery).
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Hey everyone, I've been working on building the army branch of the TTC's military. But since I'm not quite ready to reveal anything I'm releasing this wonderfully blurry teaser:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terran Trade Confederation
Page 9 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next