Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Terran Trade Confederation

Go down 
+36
Instinct-XIV
Emperor_Revan
Captain stufuzzycat
_Shadowcat_
Acu2010
Drewmanr0435
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
Groot
Laserbilly
Commander Error
Admiral Rekiin
Soul of Jack
torrentialAberration
Caramell
bobtheshoeman
Julo
hyperlite
Eliuser12
Delta
Ivan2006
Joel
TinkerPox
Iv121
Avenger_7
evilninjakiwi
TacticalSheep5
Son of Wolves
Last_Jedi_Standing
superninjakiwi
ACH0225
Commander Kobialka
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
blockman42
Hierarch Fenway
Keon
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Here's a little teaser of the TTC's next ship. I'll add some more photos for the Repercussion and this new one soon.

Spoiler:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's the bow...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Okay, at this scale you MUST have more detail. Interesting shape, how did you make it?
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:29 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
Okay, at this scale you MUST have more detail. Interesting shape, how did you make it?

One, it's a teaser...and two, WITH SCIENCE!!!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:13 am

Billy, how did you make the size comparison charts and the blueprints? I would like to do those with my own ships, and Gimp isn't being helpful. I have Photoshop on the other computer, but it is an inconvenience to turn on and doesn't have internet.

Also, could we have pictures of the rest of the interiors of your ships: The Reckoning in particular, I want to see the generator on that thing. I went through the pictures of your first "Light Destroyer", while the outside is okay, the inside is amazing: I like what you did with the power systems (although that did take up a lot of space in the ship), and have done something similar, if not more fancy and less awesome in my ship. Have a look in my build-log for a full mechanics view.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Mackeroth ask him for a schematic of The Reckoning in a pm. It is pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
Billy, how did you make the size comparison charts and the blueprints? I would like to do those with my own ships, and Gimp isn't being helpful. I have Photoshop on the other computer, but it is an inconvenience to turn on and doesn't have internet.

Also, could we have pictures of the rest of the interiors of your ships: The Reckoning in particular, I want to see the generator on that thing. I went through the pictures of your first "Light Destroyer", while the outside is okay, the inside is amazing: I like what you did with the power systems (although that did take up a lot of space in the ship), and have done something similar, if not more fancy and less awesome in my ship. Have a look in my build-log for a full mechanics view.

Unfortunately, because the Reckoning was so big, I had forgo doing some of the more obvious interiors (like the engine, barracks, and mess) just did fun stuff (fighter bay and the bridge). But it you want to see it or one of my other ships first hand, just ask and I'll pm the links to you.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:12 pm

I didn't want to really show you guys until it was complete, but since I said I'd have more for you; here's another photo until I can finish the interiors as much as I want them done.

Spoiler:

Like IV and many other great builders before me, I have decided to put down more permanent roots and build a space station. You see, I was being misleading when I called it "my next ship." More photos to come.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Hehe that's a cool looking space station Smile . My station is small and sort of empty , surely not as good as this Smile . I should try to make a new one.
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:22 pm

First of all, WHOOPS I bought Mass Effect 3.

Second, awesome space station. I was thinking of doing one too, before buying the afformentioned game. Kind of sucks because I bought a used one so I can't play multiplayer. Stupid EA and their online passes... Not that I don't like BF3 and ME3...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:04 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:

Unfortunately, because the Reckoning was so big, I had forgo doing some of the more obvious interiors (like the engine, barracks, and mess) just did fun stuff (fighter bay and the bridge). But it you want to see it or one of my other ships first hand, just ask and I'll pm the links to you.

Yes please! I might even build some more ships in your style: would a shared project of a dreadnought be possible? I would also like to use the texture pack, as would many others: could you give us a link?

If you need to finish the interiors of the larger ships, I would love to.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:52 am

Mackeroth? wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:

Yes please! I might even build some more ships in your style: would a shared project of a dreadnought be possible? I would also like to use the texture pack, as would many others: could you give us a link?

If you need to finish the interiors of the larger ships, I would love to.

That begs the question...what is there to add? Living quarters, obviously. But where would those guys go in such a big ship that's supposed to be cramped? All that machinery means almost everything's automated, so..
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:12 am

5000 posts in the shipyard. Guess who got lucky? TIEL!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Tiel, he said that most of the main systems still needed building. Therefore, I will build them as well.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:07 pm

I've stumbled across a way of making space stations that has exciting potential! So I've postponed all my other projects for this one.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:21 pm

Seems like everyone is making space stations Smile . I'll post mine when I'm done with the fighter bay ... I'll need to install optifine and put visibility on extreme to take screenshots of that thing ...

It seems like you base your station on a bold geometric shape like I did with my first station , wasn't the best of my creations so you may want to rethink your approach and go for something less geometric.
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:51 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Seems like everyone is making space stations Smile . I'll post mine when I'm done with the fighter bay ... I'll need to install optifine and put visibility on extreme to take screenshots of that thing ...

It seems like you base your station on a bold geometric shape like I did with my first station , wasn't the best of my creations so you may want to rethink your approach and go for something less geometric.

I built mine by hand, But it's not that large. I'm going to make a sleeker, bigger one soon. Using MCEdit or WorldEdit, probably MCEdit. Space Stations are fairly unheard of being made in minecraft, so it makes it hard to figure how to make a good one. Also, not the best at MCEdit, so yeah...
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Iv121 wrote:

I know that it's not the best looking design for a space station, but I'm trying to stick with the whole "Terran Trade Confederation" theme...And if you've seen any of my other TTC ships, you'll probably see the "bold geometric shape" theme prominent in all of them too Very Happy .

I'm not rejecting you're advice, I just want to stick to the whole sparten, unpainted, warship-like look for my builds at the moment.

To be honest, my favorite station so is this one:
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com/t551-space-station-alpha-3

Also, it still doesn't look too bad from above:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:33 am

Is there any Way to get your Texture Pack with the modifications you made?
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:28 am

Julo wrote:
Unless he started with a base Texturepack, which I think he did, sadly, no. But I think it's an edited version of Duertos 32x32.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:04 am

Julo wrote:

Sure, I'll put my texture pack at the bottom of my OP (under ship classes). But be forewarned, it's a 128x128 pixel texture pack! I am currently working to bring it down to 16x16, but I have to replace A LOT because the images just don't look anything like their 128 sized brothers....
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:28 am

Ooh, I will totally use it if you can bring it down to 16x, or even 32x.
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:28 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Julo wrote:

Sure, I'll put my texture pack at the bottom of my OP (under ship classes). But be forewarned, it's a 128x128 pixel texture pack! I am currently working to bring it down to 16x16, but I have to replace A LOT because the images just don't look anything like their 128 sized brothers....

Donesn't anything above 64x64 require GLSL shaders? If the 128 works with Optifine I'll use that...

Wow, that actually took a minute to download. Doku, even with mod support, was near instant...
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Thanks, Laser

P.S. can I use this text. pack for building ships which I will Post?
That would be nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:29 pm

Julo wrote:
Thanks, Laser

P.S. can I use this text. pack for building ships which I will Post?
That would be nice Very Happy

Sure! And if anyone ask about it, just direct them here.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:16 am

Eliuser12 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Julo wrote:

Donesn't anything above 64x64 require GLSL shaders? If the 128 works with Optifine I'll use that...

Wow, that actually took a minute to download. Doku, even with mod support, was near instant...

Really? It took me 14 minutes to download. But it's a great texture pack, if not a bit too primitive for my regular ships.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terran Trade Confederation
Page 7 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next