Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Terran Trade Confederation

Go down 
+36
Instinct-XIV
Emperor_Revan
Captain stufuzzycat
_Shadowcat_
Acu2010
Drewmanr0435
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
Groot
Laserbilly
Commander Error
Admiral Rekiin
Soul of Jack
torrentialAberration
Caramell
bobtheshoeman
Julo
hyperlite
Eliuser12
Delta
Ivan2006
Joel
TinkerPox
Iv121
Avenger_7
evilninjakiwi
TacticalSheep5
Son of Wolves
Last_Jedi_Standing
superninjakiwi
ACH0225
Commander Kobialka
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
blockman42
Hierarch Fenway
Keon
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:06 pm

Vindication Class Heavy Cruiser
Exteriors:
Bow:
Turrets:

Nacluv Sythe Light Cruiser
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Laserbilly on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:53 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
All the new ships made me want to work on my dreadnaught some more, so I put some detailing on part of my engines.

Have a look:

Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 2012-110

Minimap overhead:

Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 2012-110

Edit: Oh, and I just measured it [the dreadnaught, not just the engine] at 945 meters/blocks long!

Just to be clear: the engine is 250 meters long, the entire ship is 945 meters long. So we can all just calm down and stop having heart attacks.

That's still really big
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 2:56 am

Your detailing is improving, but I question the larger rectangular structures on the sloping part of the engine-cover, especially seeing how high the engine is. In the first picture, it actually looks higher than it is long. I also reckon that you need a few close-up pictures just so we can get the scale (counter-intuitive I know, but believe me, it works).
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:12 am

You'd find problems with God, Mackeroth. =_=
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:25 pm

Tiel wrote:

Considering that the concept of God was thought up by a particularly primitive group of imperfect humans, yes I would find problems with God.

That's not to say I don't like Billy's ships, they're some of the best I've had the pleasure of seeing, but everything has room for improvement.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:42 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
Tiel wrote:

Considering that the concept of God was thought up by a particularly primitive group of imperfect humans, yes I would find problems with God.

That's not to say I don't like Billy's ships, they're some of the best I've had the pleasure of seeing, but everything has room for improvement.

Excluding yourself, I presume?

I won't start this here, but expect a PM.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Tiel wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
Tiel wrote:

Now, now, children.

And very well done, Biily, though I'm suffering perspecitve issues. Are we looking at the engine exausts, or the top of the hull?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:41 pm

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
Tiel wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
Tiel wrote:

Now, now, children.

And very well done, Biily, though I'm suffering perspecitve issues. Are we looking at the engine exausts, or the top of the hull?

If you have a look at his other ships, they all have large cylindrical engines. These are covered on the outside by what looks like a shield. The detailing is along the top of this shield.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:46 am

In order to keep your interests, I don't want to give away all my secrets before the ship is completed. But to answer your question, you're seeing two different things: The large square blocks are the main thrusters' primary heat-sinks, and the smaller circles are the tail-end maneuvering thrusters.

The thruster looks odd/too-tall compared to my other ships' thrusters for a reason that I'll reveal later. But here's another shot of the main thruster's progress.

Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 2012-111
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:20 am

Laserbilly wrote:

In order to keep your interests, I don't want to give away all my secrets before the ship is completed. But to answer your question, you're seeing two different things: The large square blocks are the main thrusters' primary heat-sinks, and the smaller circles are the tail-end maneuvering thrusters.

The thruster looks odd/too-tall compared to my other ships' thrusters for a reason that I'll reveal later. But here's another shot of the main thruster's progress.

Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 2012-111

That almost looks like a fuel pipe. What are you planning...?
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 9:16 am

Something excessively large and awesome.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Captain stufuzzycat wrote:
Something excessively large and awesome.

That's what she said.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:43 pm

Stu's a woman?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Tiel wrote:
Stu's a woman?

I hope that's a joke. I really hope so.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:23 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Stu's a woman?

I hope that's a joke. I really hope so.

I'd have thought you'd get enough laughs pretending to be god.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:42 pm

More Coming Soon!

Sad

Last edited by Laserbilly on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:50 pm

I can't quite decipher what is in that picture, what is it of exactly?

Also, if I was a moderator, I totally would Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:57 pm

I turned the main thruster on its side so it would be easier to work on. So this is a side-on view of the main thruster using Rei's Minimap. The shapes in the picture are all things that are on the side of the thruster. Any more constructive questions Question
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 3:51 pm

Laserbilly wrote:

I turned the main thruster on its side so it would be easier to work on. So this is a side-on view of the main thruster using Rei's Minimap. The shapes in the picture are all things that are on the side of the thruster. Any more constructive questions Question

Yes: why doesn't the thruster cover have a lower edge, and why is the back also on an angle? (That probably doesn't make any sense).

You are actually putting thought into the detailing; you are a legend.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 4:00 pm

I have to take back what I recently said about deploying Mac as a ship designer if I were to build a RL space empire, because you make ships look equaly as good as he does, but have them look more industrial-style and expedient, making the potential price-use ratio better for you ships.

In short: *buys all ur blueprints*
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 12:13 am

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
I have to take back what I recently said about deploying Mac as a ship designer if I were to build a RL space empire, because you make ships look equaly as good as he does, but have them look more industrial-style and expedient, making the potential price-use ratio better for you ships.

Difference is we'll be making ships like Billy's in a few hundred years, while you'll have a to wait a few thousand before ships like mine become possible. (A rough guess, but you get the point.)
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 1:31 am

The Schmetterling wrote:

Difference is we'll be making ships like Billy's in a few hundred years, while you'll have a to wait a few thousand before ships like mine become possible. (A rough guess, but you get the point.)

A few thousand years? Ugh, I don't want to have to stay alive that long.

Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 3:10 am

catsonmeth wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:

A few thousand years? Ugh, I don't want to have to stay alive that long.

I want to live to see humans discover their first alien race. After that, I'm good.

Back on topic: Billy, I've built my own ship using your style. Do you mind that I post it in my ship thread, or will the hours I spent on it go unfruitful?
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Just equally?! Haha, jk...thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it. When the mod comes, I'd be happy to provide certain blueprints, for a price.

The Schmetterling wrote:
Back on topic: Billy, I've built my own ship using your style. Do you mind that I post it in my ship thread, or will the hours I spent on it go unfruitful?

Of course you can and should share your new ship! I never had any problem with you using my building style (I'm actually flattered by it), I was just annoyed that you copy and pasted part of my ship without asking and then didn't give me credit. I look forward to any new ships on the forum!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:26 am

Laserbilly wrote:

Just equally?! Haha, jk...thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it. When the mod comes, I'd be happy to provide certain blueprints, for a price.

The Schmetterling wrote:

Of course you can and should share your new ship! I never had any problem with you using my building style (I'm actually flattered by it), I was just annoyed that you copy and pasted part of my ship without asking and then didn't give me credit. I look forward to any new ships on the forum!

Yeah, that probably wasn't my smartest move. Still, it did work well.
And thanks!

Also, I've started some work on the texture pack (as it is outdated). So far I haven't done much: I changed the redstone texture, added a door handle, and added the "on" state for the redstone lamp, but more textures will be coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terran Trade Confederation
Page 16 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next