Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Wow, Dem Pods

Go down 
+11
Buggy1997123
ACH0225
GLaDOS
Keon
Grand Imperial Thunder
Commander Error
mouseman89
Laibach
The Schmetterling
Last_Jedi_Standing
Tiel+
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:02 pm

I think there could be a specific type of bed called 'Cryo' that would be fairly inexpensive but not so much so as the vanilla Bed. Essentially, the Cryo bed block would look for optimum conditions, that is, being surrounded by iron and at least one glass block all within 1 block of the bed. Once you make a cryopod, you can connect it wirelessly to a Crytube Terminal block that opens a GUI to open, check life signs, or freeze the pods linked to it. This could serve as how you log off when you're in space; Open the cryo pod, hop in, and you'll return to the MC splash screen. This is for space, mind you. When you're planetside you can exit via bed.

Essentially I think not only would this be a cool aesthetic, it'd also stop ragequitting midbattle. You could also freeze NPCs or other players to conserve supplies, of course. NPCs, as stated on the MCForum OP, will wander around, crew gunnery stations, etc. The problem is, they also go to chests and look for food, so you'll need a ton of rations..or cryo pods Wink
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:04 pm

Will shooting active cryo pods have negative consequences for the person inside?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:07 pm

I'd hope so, yeah. There's a plugin called CombatLog that spawns an NPC of you after you logout for PVP servers, so the concept isn't unfeasible. This might also make you want to install more defenses to keep people from killing you in your sleep, but I also forsee Space Odyssey 2001 scenarios taking place if the AIs come into the picture. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Tiel wrote:
I'd hope so, yeah. There's a plugin called CombatLog that spawns an NPC of you after you logout for PVP servers, so the concept isn't unfeasible. This might also make you want to install more defenses to keep people from killing you in your sleep, but I also forsee Space Odyssey 2001 scenarios taking place if the AIs come into the picture. Very Happy

We aren't putting that much effort in to making AIs. They will be basic.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Basic AIs can still get pissed off. Take cleverbot, for instance..
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Yeah....

But they made sure CleverBot doesn't kill you in your sleep.

I do think that cryo-pods are a good idea, but you shouldn't only be able to log off when you go into one.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:47 pm

Have you ever played on an anarchy server? You show up in your hard earned diamond tools and armor, and duke it out with a similarly equipped opponent. You know he has diamonds on him, so you eagerly rush to make the killing blow-

USER has left the game.

Wow, Dem Pods Mzi.esztuhqc

Some people are just that wussy. And I think being in expensive spaceships will only exacerbate the issue. Perhaps when you try to log off 'You cannot Disconnect during combat' or just leave a ghost of the ship to be destroyed. I still think cryo pods would be a more elegant solution, having entire ships disappear once you 'sleep' and then reappearing when you come to again.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Tiel wrote:
Crytube

is cryosleep that depressing?

although I like this idea.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:14 pm

It's like, well, being frozen alive. I'd imagine you WOULD be crying when you stepped out lol!
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Tiel wrote:
It's like, well, being frozen alive. I'd imagine you WOULD be crying when you stepped out lol!
In theory, you wouldn't feel anything.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:34 pm

In theory.
Back to top Go down
mouseman89

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:35 pm

Tiel wrote:
Have you ever played on an anarchy server? You show up in your hard earned diamond tools and armor, and duke it out with a similarly equipped opponent. You know he has diamonds on him, so you eagerly rush to make the killing blow-
USER has left the game.
Some people are just that wussy. And I think being in expensive spaceships will only exacerbate the issue. Perhaps when you try to log off 'You cannot Disconnect during combat' or just leave a ghost of the ship to be destroyed. I still think cryo pods would be a more elegant solution, having entire ships disappear once you 'sleep' and then reappearing when you come to again.

not only that but then you get killed by someone using like a stone sword that was just watching from the sidelines... i do think that would be a good idea, maybe only able to log off in a cryotube and/or while not in combat. by the way if there going to be a way to scavenge debris from destroyed ships for materials? because if there isnt there should be a way to.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:39 pm

I approve this idea. Cryotubes could be very useful.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:31 pm

If anything this just gives me something to add to my ship. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Test to see if sigs just magically started working again.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Okay, they do.

Anyway, I don't see the point.

You can't log out when not sleeping? Sounds like a challenge to me.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:04 pm

It's really not that hard. If you have a cryobay in your ship, stroll over and walk to it to temporarily make your ship, and any associated fleet, to vanish, and you log off. I don't see how that could be inconvenient for anyone not in combat.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Tiel wrote:
It's really not that hard. If you have a cryobay in your ship, stroll over and walk to it to temporarily make your ship, and any associated fleet, to vanish, and you log off. I don't see how that could be inconvenient for anyone not in combat.
What if you're not on a ship? You could get stranded. Or your cryotanks could be full of neurotoxin.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Tiel wrote:

We aren't putting that much effort in to making AIs. They will be basic.

And Last_Jedi_Standing, that's MY line.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Keon
Keon

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:12 pm

We don't want to challenge your rule as undisputed evil AI ruler here.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Keon wrote:
We don't want to challenge your rule as undisputed evil AI ruler here.

Good.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Tiel+

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:16 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Tiel wrote:
What if you're not on a ship? You could get stranded. Or your cryotanks could be full of neurotoxin.

I said this only applies to when the mod sees you as on a ship. Groundside you can log off whenever.

Though to be honest, I don't think this could work. The captain could just have his cryobay right on the bridge...I think there should be the ghost ship method mentioned earlier that lasts for 30 seconds so you don't want to log off in a warzone. I still think the cryotube could serve the other functions, though, and still be a mildly useful cosmetic..
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:20 pm

Raging deleted, it didn't contribute to our thread.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:25 pm

There was a ragepost?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Yeah, Coal was like

"you arent glad0s and achoo isnt teh hax0r owl kingz."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wow, Dem Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, Dem Pods   Wow, Dem Pods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wow, Dem Pods
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next