Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Story Time with ACH!

Go down 
+7
Keon
Laibach
GLaDOS
Red Fang
fr0stbyte124
Grand Imperial Thunder
ACH0225
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Story Time with ACH! Empty
PostSubject: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:16 pm

So, inspired by the one word story post, I am now writing stories in my predicted Futurecraft universe. I doubt any of these will ever happen, but if they do, I deserve a cookie. I will write a few short stories, and so will other people(Hopefully), and these stories will be critiqued by even more people. Got it?

----------------------
Story 1
Hostile takeover
----------------------

7 days after the fall of the home planet of the Ironcraft server.

My name is Steve, I was the Captain of the battle anyalasis ship Aigaion, we were shot down on the second day of space combat. We crashed in the middle of nowhere, and I am the only survivor. I have only what I could salvage from the ship, which are, a half-used laser rifle, 7 MREs, a GPS, a smoke grenade, a satchel charge,(AN: Satchel charge, Click! Also, AN means author's note, which means a personal narration of parts that may need explanation) and a target designator I picked up from a soldier's remains whilst travelling. Not much, I know, but hopefully enough to get me to the secret underground hangar which the Aigaion was built at, hopefully the enemy hasnt discovered it yet. I am currently about 3 days travel away, judging by the sun and stars, which I have used to guide myself. I cant use the GPS because the enemy, the Estovakian skum, took control of the satelites that are used for GPSes, and moving those satelites to perform a triangulation would alert the enemy to my position. For the past 5 nights, I have been walking, and I have been resting, and hiding, in various shacks, ditches, and other reclusive areas, during the daytime. The enemy patrols have been steadily becoming more accurate on my position, so every day, my hiding place must be more complex and better devised. Three days ago, I saw an enemy fighter jet patrol fly over my position, and then later, during the night, I saw the wrecks of three fighter jets on the ground, two bearing the symbol of the Ironcraft server, the other of the Estovakians. I can only assume that the hanger must have sent out patrols to protect itself, but they have only dug their grave deeper by fighting the enemy.

----------------------
4 days later
----------------------

I am nearly at the hanger, only a few minutes travel away, and only a day late. I was nearly caught one night by a helicopter flying in the area with a heat sensor, but luckily, the sensor was off at the time. I had to stay in hiding for a whole day and night, as I thought I was detected, and the enemy would send out a group of soldiers to kill me. As I approach the hangar, I can only wonder with fear and trepidation, what if the Estovakians had already gotten there. What if they were waiting for an unwary soldier to stumble upon the base, so they could defeat the threat in their new territory once and for all? But they couldnt have, the hangar was top secret, unless someone high up in the military leadership had betrayed us, they wouldnt have that sort of knowledge, for the location of the base was never entered into any computer terminal! As I neared the cave that served as the official enterance, I readyed my laser rifle, if I were to be captured, I wouldnt go down without a fight! Then, the door that led into the base opened up, and the second in command of the Ironcraft military, General Stevve, popped out! He shouted, "DUCK!", and I dived down immediatly, just soon enough, as the General opened fire with his laser rifle, felling an unknown assasin behind me. The General(AN:He will be refered to as The General from now on) led me into the laberynthe of tunnels that led to the hangar. As we walked, I noticed a conspicuous lack of scorch marks or battle damage of any kind, allowing me to safely infer that the base had not been found. Soon, we reached the main entry hall, which had several armed guards in it, all in heavy body armour, and carrying heavy laser machine guns, the likes of which you would see on a tank. As we passed by, they all saluted to the General, and the General simply remained impassive. As we walked further into the complex, I saw at least thirty scientists, all armed with light laser pistols. The complex was clearly prepared for a fight, and was not going to give even an inch lightly. A few minutes later, we arrived in the main hangar bay. The hangar had a roof that fully retracted, to allow passage of ships, and was about 70 meters long(AN: In case you didnt know, 1 block equals 1 meter), 50 meters wide, and 4o meters tall. In the center, surrounded by all sorts of scaffolds, was a giant ship, easily an assualt ship. On the sides, I could see the faintly gleaming letters of its name, Gyges. The Gyges was a piece of art, it had a tapered bow, highly angular port and starboard wings, a daimond shaped center, and then, it opened up in an ugly scar, where the work on the ship was still continuing. I said to the General, who was next to me, "Its a shame we didnt have her when the fighting began, she would have destroyed the enemy cruisers with ease." The Gerneral replied to me, "Who says she wont be able to, were still wrking on her. When we finish her, she'll take on the enemy fleet along with the ten other cruisers we have here, not to mention the ten or so stealth vessels still in orbit, and the 50 or so frigates in other secret hangars around the globe. Were not out of the fight yet."

----------------------
Commander
----------------------

"Also, Steve," Said the General, "You've been promoted, your new rank is Commander. The Gyges is to be your ship. Good luck, report to me day after tommorrow at 0600 hours for your first assignment, but until then, relax, you've been on the run for the past week or so, and you need to be at your best for your missions." From the main hangar, I walked to the dormotories, and walked to a random bunk, and fell asleep. In most military bases, the dormitories are simply rows of bunk beds, and it doesnt matter where you sleep, because all personal items are stored in another room with lockers. When I awoke, I stood up, did some stretches, and went out for a run. Whilst running, I saw the General, two soldiers who I grew up with, and several civilians who I met at various times in my life. It was as if everyone in 3 kilometers had come here. Luckily, the base was very large, but unfortunately, it had few supplies, meaning one of my first jobs as commander would probably be organizing raids on Estovakian cargo transports. Once I finished my run, I walked into the CAC(AN:Command and Control) room, and sat in a chair behind a desk with my name on it. A while later, the General came over and sat in the chair across from me. He sat in silence for a few minutes before speaking. He then said, "Listen, Commander, I need you to organize a few raiding parties. We're on a shortage of good commanding officers, and, frankly, your the best one I have. I will havesomeone deliver some papers with the basic information about the raids, and then you can work out the details of the plan." The General then stood up, smoothed out his grey uniform, and walked away. About ten minutes later, a young man walked into my small office(AN: Read, cubicle) and handed me a pile of papers, divided by colored paper into three sections. "Three raids", I thought to myself. On the top papers of each section ere maps of the area where the raid would be stationed, and some basic information such as the number of troops, number of enemies, and other general information about the raid. For the next 6 hours, I worked continuously, creating, if I do say so myself, brilliant plans for each of the raids. The first raid was in a forest, where there would be an emergency landing of a cargo ship, caused by a stealth bomb left by a stealth ship that was still operational. There would be 4 or 5 enemy guards in the ship, and 8 men and 3 ATVs of ours. My plan was to have the men drive up to the ship with Estovakian seals on their ATV's and pose as Estovakian troops sent to rescue them. When, or if, they were allowed enterance into the ship, our troops would open fire on the guards, taking them by complete surprise. The second plan was the takeover of a small shipyard on a large ridge. The shipyard was positioned over a canyon, so our troops consisted of 6 helicopters, 15 men, and 2 jets. The enemy troops were unknown.

Last edited by ACH0225 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Overflow post
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Overflow post
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Overflow post
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Great story, going a lot better than the one word story, quick question though: Is every character going to be steve with one more "v" then the last?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Steve is an terrible name for a main character. I never did like how it caught on in the Minecraft community and to this day I refuse to acknowledge that that's the character's name.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:46 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Steve is an terrible name for a main character. I never did like how it caught on in the Minecraft community and to this day I refuse to acknowledge that that's the character's name.

Its an acme name, im not good with names. Thats why my book-writing adventure never took off. I had the plot, but no character name.
Back to top Go down
Red Fang
Recruit
Recruit
Red Fang

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:16 pm

How about Elmaethe?
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Fr0stbyte, Notch and Mojang said it was the characters name.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Meh, again, its an acme name. I dont like it much, but I have no better name that "fits"
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:49 pm

daman200 wrote:
Notch just capitulated to the Minecraft community because he didn't care about it. These are mostly the same people who were at the time about to get the Minecraft forums shut down with their stupid Herobrine meme spam.
(I've been here a very long time)
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:59 pm

Well I thought of a better name for" Stevve" how about "Sives" Sigh ves or because it is in minecraft you could use usernames.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:46 pm

I can be the magic hero who comes in at the most convenient time and saves all their lives and never dies but has a dramatic moment like all those heros in Hollywood! *starts breathing again* Woo.... Long post.... One breath....
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:29 pm

daman200 wrote:
I can be the magic hero who comes in at the most convenient time and saves all their lives and never dies but has a dramatic moment like all those heros in Hollywood! *starts breathing again* Woo.... Long post.... One breath....

No, if I add you, you will be random cannon fodder #37
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:02 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
daman200 wrote:
Notch just capitulated to the Minecraft community because he didn't care about it. These are mostly the same people who were at the time about to get the Minecraft forums shut down with their stupid Herobrine meme spam.
(I've been here a very long time)

Mmmmmmmhhhhhmmmmm..... very interesting........

Now for a question time, can I be the Chief Officer of Propoganda? Meaning I am the guy who spreads the word. Essentially, cooler PR. I have no college degree, I have no skill in the field, but I do know how to take over a small democratic goverment.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:45 pm

Well, you ARE president of the owls... So you could spread this over the wizarding community easily.... Not that they know how to operate Muggle things....
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:21 am

daman200 wrote:
Well, you ARE president of the owls... So you could spread this over the wizarding community easily.... Not that they know how to operate Muggle things....

President? Where'd that come from? Who said us owl had a democratic government? I am the Supreme Overlord of the Strigiforme Alliance. I have been for the past 850 years or so. Also, I had all the magical folks killed after Merlin turned me into a human. So, Harry Potter is complete fiction, all the wizards have been dead for about 800 years.

Äçū wmêrrrūō

The closest I could get to writing, not a chance in owlish. I don't have the proper letters though. The line below the ç should be straight, and there should be a ^ above the m
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:17 pm

enh, he should have been named Gasparus, or maybe Афанасий Богдан Даукса

or Clem, always that
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:53 pm

But.. But... I'm a wizard! NO! OWLS! AVADA KEDAVERA!
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Deyja! Domia! Brisingr! Adurna! Vindr Thrysta!
Now time for harry potter.
Avada Kedabera.
Crucio
Imperio
Aguamente
Stupify
Oppungo

Now LotR:
YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

My knowledge of spells is unlimited. He's dead now.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Ha. I have a Horucrux. Can't kill me now, can you?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:07 pm

daman200 wrote:
Ha. I have a Horucrux. Can't kill me now, can you?

You better czech that horucrux vault.... DUN DUN DUUUUN

Burrowing owls can dig through anything, with the proper equipment and time. And Elf Owls can fit through anything. Now, owl warriors, slay him!
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:20 pm

I have over 9000 of em. Keep going.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Keon wrote:
But I have all your base.
Great story by the way.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Tunnelthunder wrote:
Keon wrote:
But I have all your base.
Great story by the way.

HA but all of you just took an arrow to the knee!

I win
Also it is a great story
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with ACH!   Story Time with ACH! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story Time with ACH!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next