Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Iv's ship designs

Go down 
+18
Julo
Laserbilly
Commander Kobialka
ACH0225
Last_Jedi_Standing
Commander Error
Soul of Jack
Tau
Laibach
Tiel+
Dux Tell31
fr0stbyte124
blockman42
GLaDOS
hyperlite
The Schmetterling
Iv121
Keon
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Who told you it's usual Razz . The ship is made as flat as possible to allow the turrets to concentrate fire forward while still spreading them throughout the ship.

Well I guess that makes sense, but don't you think the Spartan Cannon is a little small for its disrupting shields and cracking hulls?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Cool ship, I like the patterning of the wool. It is quite flat though, I probably would've made the rear section go up one or two stories. Also, the back is quite cut off, but I'm not too sure how you should fix that. Those cannons look pretty deadly, but you can use another colour and half blocks/steps on the cannon for details.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:57 pm

You need to make another variant swept wing and then the back not as much as a flat ending.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:20 am

Well give me another back, couse this one is indeed cut off Razz (Told you I was building something bit bigger but as you see there was no chance for it to work ) .
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:59 am

The UTC Epirus was designed to provide cover against small strike craft. This small cruiser carries an impressive AA armament. It carries 26 AAA beam cannons and 8 advanced heavy flak turrets. The flak turrets on the Epirus were designed to fire highly accurate heavy explosive shells that cause more damage at a higher distance. Although each cannon on this turret fire slower than a standard flak turret an additional cannon was added to the standard two to provide a steady firing rate. In combination with the AAA Beam turrets the Epirus is deadly for fighters even at long range. Designed mainly to engage strike craft the Epirus carries almost no anti-CapShip weaponry with only 2 forward plasma cannons. It also has a weak hull and shielding. The ship can also accelerate to high speeds increasing it's efficiency against strike craft.

Pictures:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Iv, can you make some more big ships? These smaller ones are flat with big turret popping out of the top, they are still pretty good, but just not as impressive as your big ones like the carrier and Raynor. I think others may agree with me.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:31 pm

You should have some small ships in your fleet. You can't only rly on capital ships, even if they look more impressive. Also I don't feel in mood for big projects.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Okey dokey then.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:13 pm

have you ever tried to make some fighters?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:40 pm

You can't rly go original with 3x5x3 ships in minecraft. If you rly want I can paint you some Razz .
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:12 am

Alright so I have a new ship for you , actually not. When I viewed the ships I made I noticed that their scale is a bit small in comparison to what they should have been, so I decided to make them bigger Smile . I will start with the UTD Hyperion because it was sort of underpowered and had basically the firepower of a small cruiser. I fixed this problem and now the UTD Hyperion is a true fleet capital ship Smile .

There is no better symbol of Terran power than an UTD Hyperion leading the Terran fleet. Those magnificent ships serve as fleet capital ships, providing their fleets with all necessary support starting with it's fighter wings , ending with it's pure firepower . The ship reaches 470m length and hosts thousands of crew members on board. Though the ship isn't fast or manoeuvrable, it carries superior firepower. With 24 heavy plasma cannons, it's torpedo 3 bays and it's prime forward plasma cannon the Hyperion can powder any cruiser in less then 30 seconds. It's fighter bay can hold up to 44 active fighters at a time (it's full 11 wings !) and many more in it's cargo bay. Using the new construction module, the ship can storage the fighters' parts and reconstruct them from those in less then 2 minutes. The ship was designed with long travels in mind, providing enough supply for months of travel and some other elements such as shops, computer rooms, bars , gyms etc. to provide the crew with all things necessary both physically and mentally.

Pictures:

Spoiler:

Do you think I should keep the pics of the old one ?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:23 am

No, those new pictures look awesome. Do you think you/we could get a copy of one/many of your ships onto the server so I/we can awesomize them? (like what I did to Pat's cruiser, only with less form and more technique).

If you have a look at my new ship-rating system, you ships would score high on functionality, but low on technique (you would still get some points for good use of a texture pack). I am to find/build/modify a ship that is both functional and highly detailed.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:51 am

High for functionality ? It's an empty hulk of metal Razz . You can awesomize them if you want …
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:54 am

Iv121 wrote:
High for functionality ? It's an empty hulk of metal Razz . You can awesomize them if you want …

Yay!
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 11:56 am

man that's damn big, and I love it!
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 11:57 am

Iv121 wrote:
Alright so I have a new ship for you , actually not. When I viewed the ships I made I noticed that their scale is a bit small in comparison to what they should have been, so I decided to make them bigger Smile . I will start with the UTD Hyperion because it was sort of underpowered and had basically the firepower of a small cruiser. I fixed this problem and now the UTD Hyperion is a true fleet capital ship Smile .

There is no better symbol of Terran power than an UTD Hyperion leading the Terran fleet. Those magnificent ships serve as fleet capital ships, providing their fleets with all necessary support starting with it's fighter wings , ending with it's pure firepower . The ship reaches 470m length and hosts thousands of crew members on board. Though the ship isn't fast or manoeuvrable, it carries superior firepower. With 24 heavy plasma cannons, it's torpedo 3 bays and it's prime forward plasma cannon the Hyperion can powder any cruiser in less then 30 seconds. It's fighter bay can hold up to 44 active fighters at a time (it's full 11 wings !) and many more in it's cargo bay. Using the new construction module, the ship can storage the fighters' parts and reconstruct them from those in less then 2 minutes. The ship was designed with long travels in mind, providing enough supply for months of travel and some other elements such as shops, computer rooms, bars , gyms etc. to provide the crew with all things necessary both physically and mentally.

Pictures:

Spoiler:

Do you think I should keep the pics of the old one ?

Double that size.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:01 pm

You're kiddin ? It's already 3 times bigger, it's not the banhammer ...

A weird fact - I tripled all sizes and yet the length is only twice as big Sad .
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Iv121 wrote:
You're kiddin ? It's already 3 times bigger, it's not the banhammer ...

A weird fact - I tripled all sizes and yet the length is only twice as big Sad .

No, I just want to see it doubled or tripled again.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Wait, so you took your ship and then doubled its size? Sweet.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:50 pm

UTFg Phantom
Spoiler:

I'm lazy I might rate the others later.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Quit with the rating -.-

It should only apply to new ships, or hell, not at all, I don't really see the point now come to think of it.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:04 pm

Tiel wrote:
Quit with the rating -.-

It should only apply to new ships, or hell, not at all, I don't really see the point now come to think of it.

absaloutly not i will go through all the posts and rate the ships. (not yet anyway(but i will if i fell the need to.))
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:12 pm

You can rate the ships, but to be blunt, don't think anyone will take them too seriously. What matters is critique now, in order to improve the ships. Once Futurecraft launches then you can launch your spacecraft review service. At this point it's really irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Tiel wrote:
Quit with the rating -.-

I give Tiel a 2/10 for subtlety.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:21 pm

The Doctor wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Quit with the rating -.-

I give Tiel a 2/10 for subtlety.

I give Mackeroth 8/10 for making me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iv's ship designs
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next