Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Iv's ship designs

Go down 
+18
Julo
Laserbilly
Commander Kobialka
ACH0225
Last_Jedi_Standing
Commander Error
Soul of Jack
Tau
Laibach
Tiel+
Dux Tell31
fr0stbyte124
blockman42
GLaDOS
hyperlite
The Schmetterling
Iv121
Keon
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:39 pm

It is nice, but the asymmetry was not as well achieved this time as it was with the carrier. Very nice ship though!
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Iv121 wrote:
You can't build a navy only out of 500m long monsters. You need small ships. This one is not that small being 125m long, around 1/3 of your ship.

Very true, but I meant it is small compared to some of your other ships.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:45 pm

IV? Can you make a .zip download of your map? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Once Im done with my current ship. I obviously went the wrong way with it.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 2:14 pm

Why does the map download not include the two most recent ships?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:43 am

What's written above

uh and couse I went totally wrong with that ship I decided not to add it . Instead I'll make a space station Smile .
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:23 am

So I'm done with the space station:

The UTI Atlan Class is the next generation of space stations. Although not as modular as the Bastion the Atlan station provides it's residents with all they need thanks to it's modular interior design. It is also much bigger and better suited for specialized tasks. The station was designed for fleet maintenance but is now also spreading into the civil market. It has 24 docking points and 4 dry docks. The civil market found those quite useful for a fast and effective goods transfer system, making the station a popular trading hub. The station has medium armor and no armament. It is usually surrounded by weapon platforms. This station is already used in several system such as Antares and is expected to replace the Bastion in the future.

Pictures:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:36 am

The Station Looks nice.
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:37 am

But where are pictures of the interiors.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:33 am

I hate doing interiors especially on a ship 1 km square ...
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:44 am

Iv121 wrote:
So he doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:59 am

Wow, looks great! (and big) Have some dimensions for us?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:53 pm

The biggieness effect is exactly what I wanted to achieve , even though the station is only 409x234x79 (LxWxH) . It's not the true size just from each of it's corners. The length is accurate though ... As you see it's not particularly big , only the length of the UTJ Arbiter or 2 Hyperions, 1 Raynor in width ... but not particularity small either.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Nice! I hope you weren't going for pretty though...
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:34 pm

What do you mean ?
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Iv121 wrote:
What do you mean ?

Lol, you serious? I don't mean to ruffle any feathers here but it looks like you were going for function over beauty with this build.

Oh, did you get my pm, btw? (The newer one, ignore the older one)
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:12 am

Telling you the truth the most functional space station is a big square with windows. Best space usage. Everything else is made for the looks.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:09 am

Iv121 wrote:

How did you extend your view that far? Even the Reckoning, which according to that figure is half the length, comes up all foggy on extended "far".

Cool ship, by the way. I can tell it is probably a stupid idea to tell you to add more detail, but you can if you want.

And that station is massive, I must admit. Almost the size of my latest ship....

*evil laughs into background...*
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:14 am

*evil laughs into foreground...*

Also, excuse the double post, but I have to say that having functional designs rather than cool looking ones makes the ships in question look more primitive. So if you compare a ship like yours, Iv, to a ship like my original obsidian and iron series, which one looks more advanced?

Of course, there's nothing wrong with primitive ships, it's your choice.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:53 am

Mackeroth? wrote:

And that station is massive, I must admit. Almost the size of my latest ship....

*evil laughs into background...*

Iv121 wrote:
The biggieness effect is exactly what I wanted to achieve , even though the station is only 409x234x79 (LxWxH) . It's not the true size just from each of it's corners. The length is accurate though ... As you see it's not particularly big , only the length of the UTJ Arbiter or 2 Hyperions, 1 Raynor in width ... but not particularity small either.

Uh very interesting info indeed Razz . Now I know the diameter of my next cannon Smile .

And to answer your first question - optifine : up to 512 blocks without fog .

BTW Due to recent requests I've updated the map download. Look for it in the OP . You will find there some random ship's I haven't finished/abandoned too Smile .
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Here is another ship for you. First I planned to make a Juggernaut class ship but then I saw I took a little too flat shape so I turned it into a cruiser Smile .

The UTC Griffon is the heaviest UTN Cruiser. With it's 22 heavy plasma cannons , 2 light BEAM cannons and 2 Spartan 5 Heavy turrets the Griffon has more firepower than the Hyperion destroyer. This power though comes at a cost of speed as the Griffon is significantly slower than other cruisers. This cruiser was primarily designed to repel enemy strike cruisers and even destroyers, but can also perform strike operation with it's flat hull allowing weapons to concentrate forward fire. It still has less forward firepower than the Rigos, the Terran heavy strike cruiser.
The highlight of this model is the Spartan 5 cannon. This cannon actually consists of two cannons - a heavy EMP shield buster capable of inflicting heavy damage to shields and shut them down for a brief period of time and a heavy slug cannon. The EMP cannon temporary disables the shields allowing the slug cannon to bombard the hull. The slug cannon launches highly heated Uranium slugs that cover the enemy hull with small explosions all over the hull on impact. The small explosions create massive pressure on the hull causing an imminent break. The effect of the cannon on most hulls is devastating.
Another disadvantage of this cruiser is it's cost.

Pictures:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Very Happy I love the Ship, but the only part I don't like is the back, too broad, seems like some kind of tail needs to go there. In the top view it looks cut off. Other than that it is amazing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:58 pm

I would have gone for a more swept wing design myself. I have a ship like that, actually. I need to start a new shipyard thread...
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:51 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Here is another ship for you. First I planned to make a Juggernaut class ship but then I saw I took a little too flat shape so I turned it into a cruiser Smile .

The UTC Griffon is the heaviest UTN Cruiser. With it's 22 heavy plasma cannons , 2 light BEAM cannons and 2 Spartan 5 Heavy turrets the Griffon has more firepower than the Hyperion destroyer. This power though comes at a cost of speed as the Griffon is significantly slower than other cruisers. This cruiser was primarily designed to repel enemy strike cruisers and even destroyers, but can also perform strike operation with it's flat hull allowing weapons to concentrate forward fire. It still has less forward firepower than the Rigos, the Terran heavy strike cruiser.
The highlight of this model is the Spartan 5 cannon. This cannon actually consists of two cannons - a heavy EMP shield buster capable of inflicting heavy damage to shields and shut them down for a brief period of time and a heavy slug cannon. The EMP cannon temporary disables the shields allowing the slug cannon to bombard the hull. The slug cannon launches highly heated Uranium slugs that cover the enemy hull with small explosions all over the hull on impact. The small explosions create massive pressure on the hull causing an imminent break. The effect of the cannon on most hulls is devastating.
Another disadvantage of this cruiser is it's cost.

Pictures:

Spoiler:

Nice, looks like the UTN is ramping up its offensive capabilities... Crying or Very sad

But why didn't you include your usual "bridge bump?"
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Who told you it's usual Razz . The ship is made as flat as possible to allow the turrets to concentrate fire forward while still spreading them throughout the ship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iv's ship designs
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next