Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Normandy Mark IX (Updated)

Go down 
+6
blockman42
Laibach
Tau
Keon
elmeerkat
xanex21
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
xanex21

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:31 pm

The fanboy has a problem with my name.

i will never rename the ship. I'm stick to my guns. Legion have you ever heard of overhaul? Got a problem with the name tooo bad Sad.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:33 pm

xanex21 wrote:
The fanboy has a problem with my name.

i will never rename the ship. I'm stick to my guns. Legion have you ever heard of overhaul? Got a problem with the name tooo bad Sad.

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 OJ%20U%20mad
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Your ship does not impressive me either.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:38 pm

Think about what you just said, then try again.

Nice job editing your post.

Either way, coming from a troll like you that doesn't mean much.
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:41 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
xanex21 wrote:
Doesnt matter, i can call my ships whatever i like, its called Normandy Mark 4, it does not have look like the Normandy in ME3 or ME2, this my version of the normandy.
Well... OK... But if I say I've built the Millennium Falcon, and in fact I've built Serenity, I wouldn't be surprised when people laugh at me. Likewise, if you say this is the Normandy, and it looks like Heart of Gold (which it doesn't, just an example), you shouldn't be surprised either.

i'm not surprised, however i can call it whatever i like. Plus the name is not exclusive, where did the name Normandy come from?
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Legion wrote:

i was responding to another comment you made that's all. Whats wrong with editing my post?
Some how that is a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:47 pm

You yourself said you were styling it as an iteration of the Normandy, and if you really were so ignorant you'd have no idea what I've been going on about.
xanex21 wrote:
Legion wrote:

i was responding to another comment you made that's all. Whats wrong with editing my post?

There's a difference between simply adding a comment and removing a statement that makes you out to be a moron. Hopefully you'll understand how removing that nulls my corresponding post and subsequently causes annoyance.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Legion wrote:
Legion wrote:
Legion wrote:
Not to mention, the SR2 is 1.5x bigger than the SR1, which means an SR4 would be at least almost five times the size of the SR1, which your ship is not even as large as. :/
No it doesn't. There's not reason at all to assume the pattern would continue. It's foolish to project that far from only two data points.

Regardless, why would you make the fourth iteration smaller than the first? Especially given the SR2 is bigger than the SR1 to accommodate new tech and cruiser weapons, I don't believe the trend would suddenly come to a halt if the Normandy's class continues after ME3.
It could be because the advances in technology allow the systems to be smaller but retain the same functionality, which results in increased efficiency due to lesser mass, as well as providing a smaller target.

Ah, I knew you'd say that, but unfortunately I haven't brainstormed a counterargument that wouldn't be obliterated by the fact that Cerberus took liberties with Normandy's design. That being said, this is smaller than the SR1, which was extremely small. I don't think this could mount any sort of stealth system as per the Normandy class's specialty without coming up with some fanon. But this looks nothing like the Normandy, and to be perfectly honest it looks pretty terrible.
I don't really know what the Normandy is supposed to look like, but I'll take your word for it.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Legion wrote:
Legion wrote:
Legion wrote:
Not to mention, the SR2 is 1.5x bigger than the SR1, which means an SR4 would be at least almost five times the size of the SR1, which your ship is not even as large as. :/
No it doesn't. There's not reason at all to assume the pattern would continue. It's foolish to project that far from only two data points.

Regardless, why would you make the fourth iteration smaller than the first? Especially given the SR2 is bigger than the SR1 to accommodate new tech and cruiser weapons, I don't believe the trend would suddenly come to a halt if the Normandy's class continues after ME3.
It could be because the advances in technology allow the systems to be smaller but retain the same functionality, which results in increased efficiency due to lesser mass, as well as providing a smaller target.

Ah, I knew you'd say that, but unfortunately I haven't brainstormed a counterargument that wouldn't be obliterated by the fact that Cerberus took liberties with Normandy's design. That being said, this is smaller than the SR1, which was extremely small. I don't think this could mount any sort of stealth system as per the Normandy class's specialty without coming up with some fanon. But this looks nothing like the Normandy, and to be perfectly honest it looks pretty terrible.
I don't really know what the Normandy is supposed to look like, but I'll take your word for it.

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Normandy1
Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Codex_Normandy_SR2

You don't have to 'live in the me world' to know that thing in the OP looks nothing like either of it's namesakes Razz

Last edited by Legion on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Legion wrote:
Legion wrote:
Legion wrote:
Legion wrote:

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Codex_Normandy_SR2

You don't have to 'live in the me world' to realize that thing in the OP looks nothing like its namesake.
No, you don't.
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Legion wrote:
You yourself said you were styling it as an iteration of the Normandy, and if you really were so ignorant you'd have no idea what I've been going on about.
xanex21 wrote:
Legion wrote:

There's a difference between simply adding a comment and removing a statement that makes you out to be a moron. Hopefully you'll understand how removing that nulls my corresponding post and subsequently causes annoyance.

The concept of the Normandy being an influence of my design is true. However an iteration can be an overhaul,which is which mostly what i did. I put my style into what the Normandy to me should look like. I can still call it whatever name. As for what you've been going on about, is the fact that ship i named the Normandy does not look like the Normandy , which bothers you. You've also should have realized by now that i don't care if it may or may not resemble the Normandy, even though it has had some influence. As for your comment about editing my own comments i disagree. I made that it edit because i wanted to say more than" Yeah you" to your "Somebody's mad" comment. i wasn't mad, i figured you were mad, because your obviously a fanboy of ME.

Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 7:59 pm

xanex21 wrote:

because your obviously a fanboy of ME.

You seem to wield this as an insult. Why?

It seems you're one as well..
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:03 pm

not really, you are a fan aren't you?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:07 pm

Why bother making a spinoff of a ship in a sci fi franchise if you don't like the latter?
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:15 pm

i never said i did not like the Normandy.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:22 pm

xanex21 wrote:
i never said i did not like the Normandy.
You said you weren't a fan of ME... Suspect
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:23 pm

I don't get why this whole naming thing is such a big deal
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:29 pm

I've had this discussion on another board and it got messy, so I won't pursue the topic further tongue
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:35 pm

blockman42 wrote:
I don't get why this whole naming thing is such a big deal

its such a big deal ,because Legion is a super fan of ME. His user name is proof.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:37 pm

I changed my username and have a profile/sig because I like the character. I could just as well call you a 'super fan' who 'lives in me world' because you said yourself you liked the Normandy.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:40 pm

this is a stupid argument -_-
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:52 pm

If i was a super fan of the normandy, i would have made an exact replication of the Normandy. You on the other hand gave pics of the normandy, made a fuss of the name and spouted information about the Normandy, sorry.... about the SSV Normandy SR2 or 1. You even gave others a lesson on proper scaling of the vehicle.

I DONT CARE ABOUT SCALING.

Someone other than legion made a comment about our arguing .
my repsonse:

Its a stupid argument........... when your not doing the arguing.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:03 pm

We just think that it either needs to be the Normandy or not, not this kinda in-between.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Rename it the Ydnamron
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:15 pm

interior half way finished.

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 2012-029

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 2012-028
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Normandy Mark IX (Updated)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next