Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)

Go down 
+15
Lightspeed
Admiral Rekiin
Emperor_Revan
Luna
Saravanth
Ivan2006
MrTargareyan
Caramell
Hierarch Fenway
Delta
ACH0225
DeadlyMiddie
Joel
Commander Error
Iv121
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Can I keep my equines now or not?
NO
USE ORIGINAL CONTENT FOR ONCE!!!!
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:11 pm

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
So am I allowed to keep me not-in-perpetual-warfare faction to give folks an alternative to, well, perpetual warfare?

@Mercury @Tiel @AnyoneElseInterested: The Commonwealth is a splinter from the UTN, so I want to hear no bitching about "more human factions".
I'm the guy that says what goes, Error. If I say we have too many factions, we have too many factions.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 7:23 pm

How about we work together Mercury? I think we should have Error's faction, but it isn't like any of the others. As far as I'm aware, his entire faction is based on a few massive city-ships, and no planets, and he therefore needs no territory marking.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Robotnik wrote:
How about we work together Mercury? I think we should have Error's faction, but it isn't like any of the others. As far as I'm aware, his entire faction is based on a few massive city-ships, and no planets, and he therefore needs no territory marking.
I've learned that it's impossible to work together with everyone without the thread turning into a Michael Bay film. If Error's faction is unique enough to be an entirely separate, major faction, then he should define its uniqueness. I suppose a few minor splinter factions wouldn't hurt, though, as long as the story doesn't get too complicated.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:46 am

Luna wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Can I keep my equines now or not?
NO
USE ORIGINAL CONTENT FOR ONCE!!!!
but... I did my best to make the most original equine species possible that could still be related to the ponies in the RP...
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Well I guess your plan failed at this point:
Ivan2006 wrote:
related to the ponies
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 3:23 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
related to the ponies
Well, as far as I can tell, the plan is to tie this to the events in the RP.
Ponies are a major part of the RP-universe, whether you like it or not.
So I kinda had to make a race that resembles the ponies in order to alllow for that tieing-in to happen.
If you have any idea how we can tie anything into a 'pony vs owl'-politics scenario without ponies, please elaborate.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Rekiin
Admiral Rekiin

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 4:17 pm

APPLICATION

Flag:
FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 ENspBsk

Faction name: Aeqvalkhi Imperium

Race*:
The Aeq are an intelligent semi-aquatic species. The average length (from snout to tail) for an Aeq is 4.5 to 6 meters.
The average lifespan for an Aeq is 50 years.
Their heads are are vaguely arrow shaped, with broad snouts and long mouths that go from under the snout and extend back and down behind the eyes, which are on the size of the head. They have two limbs ending in long bony fins. Attached to the sides of the fins are two thumbs and five flexible fingers allowing them to manipulate and lift objects. They have no lower limbs and propel themselves on land with their tail and front limbs (somewhat like a seal.) Despite this, they are quite fast, although not being able to hold anything in their arms as they move is a disadvantage, hence their tendency to use vehicles while travelling and fighting on land.
Aeq males and females are pretty much identical in appearance, thus their society lacks any kind of gender-based prejudice. They use external fertilization to reproduce and females lay hundreds of eggs.

Government:
Dictatorship. The word of the Emperor/Empress is law, and they reign until death, upon which they are replaced by their eldest child (the minimum independent ruling age is five.

History leading up to introduction:
500BC - Various nations have established colonies on or around almost all the planets in the Aeqvalkhi home system.

400BC - Countries begin to fight over territory in the system (at this point FTL wasn't yet a thing, although Sublight engines where.) The first true military starships are produced.

250BC - Two distinct alliances emerge: The Northern-Ocean Pact and The Union. This marks the beginning of the Patriotic War.

100BC - After more than a century of fighting, the Union is defeated and what remains of their forces flee from the system using experimental Tempo-Spacial Gravity Drives. What happened them is unknown. However, the war destroyed and damaged hundreds of colonies. The next two centuries up until the Northern-Ocean civil war where spent slowly repairing what was left.

100AD - Discontent among civilians leads to a civil war within the alliance.

200AD - The rebels manage to overthrow the government and unite the system under the Talschovic Imperium (Named for Valkhediir Talschov, leader of the rebels and the first Emperor.)

850AD - After centuries of (relative) peace, plans for the Tempo-Spacial Gravity Drives used by The Union after the Patriotic War are rediscovered, and research begins.

1000AD - First particle accelerator capable of producing antimatter in large amounts is built. However there is no way to hold the antimatter.

1100AD - Magnetic containers are used to store Antimatter. This allows progress on the FTL project.

1123AD - The first FTL-enabled craft, the TIS Marina leaves for it's maiden voyage to the nearby Yuuvi system. After this first successful voyage, the following centuries are essentially one massive campaign of expansion and colonisation.

1827AD - The Talschovic Imperium becomes the Aeqvalkhi Imperium.

Date of introduction (relative to 0 AD): 1918 AD - The Imperium makes contact with a peaceful faction. This marks their introduction into the galactic community.

History from introduction to current: DO NOT FILL UNTIL AFTER WE'VE DONE THE FIRST FEW STEPS.

General temperament:
Outward: Isolationist. Very rarely get involved in war unless it is for personal conquest or for self defence.
Internal: Citizens are fed a lot of propaganda in the form of songs and other media commissioned by the Imperial court and the Military. Those who protest are usually imprisoned for life, but not killed.

Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
related to the ponies
So I kinda had to make a race that resembles the ponies in order to alllow for that tieing-in to happen.
If you have any idea how we can tie anything into a 'pony vs owl'-politics scenario without ponies, please elaborate.
no thats not the plan at all, we're nuking events in the rp to get rid of things like 'pony vs owl thing' and rebuilding it from the ground up.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:14 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
related to the ponies
no thats not the plan at all, we're nuking events in the rp to get rid of things like 'pony vs owl thing' and rebuilding it from the ground up.
I agree with you to a point, but wiping the slate clean doesn't mean all the core concepts have to be abandoned as well. The UGC vs SDI was going quite well up until the latter was just ACH and Fen circlejerking.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:17 pm

To be honest there was never "ponies vs Owls" thing, ppl mostly regarded you as human faction Ivan, including me, personally I even think it is better for everyone as it makes the RP so much more understandable, also I think ppl respect your faction more this way. All these ponies and that need to push them up everyone's throat in all possible corners of the internet kind of made people intolerable towards ponies ...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Iv121 wrote:
To be honest there was never "ponies vs Owls" thing
Coming from the person who never participates in the RP subforum.

Ponies were not humans. Ponies were ponies, and everyone warred or allied on them based on their extreme friendliness (perhaps to the point of naivety).

TBH as far as I've seen no one really has an opinion on the whole 'humans vs owls' thing except you. In a shellnut you're stylizing them as the Shivans from Freespace where your faction is the GTA.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:46 pm

Not exactly. It is true Freespace inspired me a lot, however there is not much left in the UTN fro the GTVA (in fact, not GTA). If something does very good job in story telling , why not learn from it ? But DONT copy it. I liked the way the acronims work in there for example however I wholly redid the classification of ships to make sense, corvettes followed by frigates, followed by cruisers, followed by dreads. In FS its a bit messed up though honestly nobody gives a damn Smile. Actually when I think of it apart from the way I name stuff there is almost no trace of FS lore in here, it is a purified creation of my own.

Humans vs owl was an idea flying around here and there, fen talked about it in his "Definitely not RP" where he raged about that quoted statement all the time Razz. Also if the shivans come for you you're freaking dead meat, its not like friendly enslavement by some owl like creatures. I could have tried to design this in many ways but one thing is sure that this piece of the lore has not a single little trace of FS in it.

As for the first comment I actually help to moderate one of them (or helped, the last empire RP is not in a good state as of now -.- ) , that is basically enough to nullify your comment as well as any further discussion on the matter. In fact I really love the empire RPs and read most other RPs, I also try to make impact in these, leave my own mark on the story.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 6:29 pm

Ponies vs owls was more to do with the off topic section than the RP section TBH
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:56 pm

Iv121 wrote:
that is basically enough to nullify your comment as well as any further discussion on the matter.
This is what Jedi got on you about. I'm not going to start anything because a) I'd like to see this thread go somewhere, and b) at the moment I have better things to do than argue with a wall, but for the love of god nothing you say 'nullifies' any further discussion. You yell about your opinion and then assert that no one else can voice a rebuttal because 'IT DUN MATTER MY LOGIC R FLAWLESS!!'

Please stop that. It is very irritating to all involved.

I also don't recall you moderating anything here in any significant capacity, but feel free to jog my memory over a PM.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:21 am

Ok, I'm coming up with a unified timeline of events until the current time period, which I will assume is 5000 C.E (AD for those who prefer it), starting from 10000 B.C.E (or B.C)

I'm leaving out ponies unless we decide to allow them I'll make Ivan's faction a primarily human one, a splinter colony faction.

Note I am pulling the timeline from every RP ever, even if it wasn't explicitly stated as occurring in the contemporary universe.

In terms of NeoRome, Iv, a colony faction under the Roman banner was created as a separate colony. NeoRome was borne out of a bloody civil war that annihilated Old Rome, because it had become corrupted and such. So yes, initially liberation front, but their ideals were severely skewed and therefore were overthrown.

As for the fate of Earth, i'm going for the mostly-destroyed UTA neutral ground. Earth was ravaged by climate disasters shortly after the jump to FTL drive technology, and a lot of the surface became uninhabitable/radioactive after the Disarm/Unification wars and the radioactive byproducts of it, as well as a short-lived nuclear exchange.

I'm consolidating the Tiens and Strigiforme to a unified storyline based on Tiel's idea and ACH's feedback.

Here's a basic idea;

~20000 B.C.E- Strigiforme Empire rises in an alternate universe. Begins conquering other universes using Dimensional Gates.

~10000 B.C.E- ARK series created by unknown civilization. Network presumed created around this time as well.

5000 B.C.E- Cerean Empire established in Andromeda Galaxy.

4500 B.C.E- Strigiforme Empire initially established extremely close to Cerean Empire, after a dimensional gate planned for this universe's alternate Cuuyth completely skews the generation process.

4300 B.C.E- War breaks out between Strigiforme and Cerean over resource disputes.

3800 B.C.E- Strigiforme begins draws out after discovering the gate's error; colony is entirely abandoned.

3500 B.C.E- Strigiforme establishes correct Dimensional Portal on the alternate Cuuyth; establish dominance over Milky Way and stamp out any developing empires.

3300 B.C.E- Cerea falls under attack by an unidentified Feline species.

3200 B.C.E- Cerea is fractured in half. Refugee fleet leaves for Milky Way.

3000 B.C.E- Taln Sovereignty established in Milky Way once refugee fleet arrives.

2500 B.C.E- Strigiforme discover newly established Taln Sovereignty, shaky alliance formed.

1600 B.C.E- War breaks out between Strigiforme and Talk Sovereignty; Strigiforme's massive empire begins declining as many smaller empires join in on the offensive, whom do not survive the war.

1000 B.C.E- Strigiforme pull out many resources from the Milky Way, presuming this colony lost. An uncertain treaty is formed; Strigiforme won't expand or actively conquer, and everyone else will leave them alone.

500 B.C.E- Aeq's establish space travel, though remain divided. Development unhindered by Strigiforme.

500 C.E- Dimensional Portals begin failing. Strigiforme attempts to abandon Milky Way colony.

1000 C.E- ARK-1 becomes online through unknown means and becomes self-aware. Begins producing other sentient AI's. Strigiforme empire nearly nonexistent at this point; Completely forgotten by all other factions.

1150 C.E- Auq's develop FTL travel and expand under the Talschovic Imperium, later the Aeqvalkhi Imperium.

1600 C.E- Skytherians successfully recovered from near-extinction. NSCD, based on ARK-1 and CRH-12 established.

1860 C.E- Taln makes contact with NSCD.

1900 C.E- Feles begin expanding outward.

1950 C.E- Aeqvalkhi Imperium makes first contact.

2000 C.E- Humans develop space travel. Newly-formed Batiss Combine makes contact.

2100 C.E- Taln rediscovers Strigiforme Nationalized Kingdom after centuries with no contact.

2160 C.E- United Terran Alliance established on Earth.

2200 C.E- Earth uninhabitable due to the Disarm War.

2250 C.E- Humans begin colonization. Rebels of the UTA splinter and form Old Rome and the Mogrian Empire, respectively.

2280 C.E- Humans encounter Strigiforme; UTN briefly occupied until other empires step in.

2350 C.E- Old Rome obliterated by rebel groups; NeoRome established.

2570 C.E- Lyran Commonwealth splits from UTN

2800 C.E- Orion Confederation, an human faction from a pre-ftl colony ship, establishes contact.

2860 C.E- Solari Empire makes first contact.

3000 C.E- Alteras Amacus, a human splinter faction, makes first contact.

Sometime between 3000 and 5000- Dominion of An'Tokor and Obsidian Syndicate makes contact.

Of course, this doesn't include the RP's yet, but i'd like to get a feel of where the introductions-pre RP history stuff goes. If there are discrepencies or something doesn't feel right, let me know.

Last edited by Robotnik on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 2:35 am

I guess this sums up the lores of prev RPs, however I'd put the current timeline somewhere 2500-3500 AD as well as move some of my own events further up the timeline as the way it is currently now the UTN developped from degenerate terrans to space faring nation in 100 years and than remained unchanged for like 800 years ... I built it thinking we are somewhere 2500 ...

Also if I were you Id slowly begin adding current RPs to the list.

@ tiel this timeline also supports my description of the lore. I hope that is enough to make you satisfied. I wont start to argue if my moderation was significant or not but the mere fact I was involved in it required me to know the RP perfectly. And yes knowing the RP is opposite to what you said.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:57 am

I protest. Tiel and I came to an agreement about the whole Tien-Owl thing, which he posted earlier on. The Hajji are not owls.

I also feel I should note that whoever wanted to consolidate the Tiens and Strigiforme originally probably has no grasp of either faction.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:01 am

ACH0225 wrote:
I protest. Tiel and I came to an agreement about the whole Tien-Owl thing, which he posted earlier on. The Hajji are not owls.

I also feel I should note that whoever wanted to consolidate the Tiens and Strigiforme originally probably has no grasp of either faction.
Also, Strigiforme was pre-ARKs. Like, before 17,000 BC.

I'm okay with everything else, though. (Strigiforme woes aside)
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:00 am

I would still prefer my species to originate from Strigiforme (or other) genetic experiments.
Otherwise, good.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:02 am

ACH0225 wrote:
I mentioned that you could come from the same world 'cause you're both avian. Similarities pretty much end there, though.

@Fen timeline looks good..so FC-based RPs will probably start at the end of that timeline?
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:54 am

Edited based on some feedback, removed Hajji from strigiforme colony error and made Strigiforme empire first appear (In an alternate universe) 20000 B.C.E

Also, I haven't added the RP lore yet, merely the origination stuff. The 800 years of nothingness will have lore, and events. This is just a draft so far.
Back to top Go down
Lightspeed
Recruit
Recruit
Lightspeed

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 8:05 pm

Flag:
Spoiler:

Faction name: Darkstar Corporation

Race*: Simbionts. [Humans with a cool name]

Government: Aristocracy [Normal affairs are made by a council,but the final decisions are for The Circle,a special council of the most powerful members of the Corporation]

History leading up to introduction: The desire for power began to grew and lone wolf traders,mercenaries and scientists joined under the visionary leader of the yet small mining corporation. Thus the Darkstar Corporation was born.

Date of introduction (relative to 0 AD): I dont know

History from introduction to current: Growing in power and wealth,Darkstar corporation was crucial in some special moments of the galaxy. In the Virus Crisis,Darkstar played a important role ralling the galaxy survivors under his wings after many empires closed the borders. In the Colossus insurrection,Darkstar operatives served with other factions hunting down the terrorists. While Darkstar is almost everytime seen as the "bad guy" because of the over-secrecy,that is not completely true. While all factions has secrets,its part of Darkstar culture to hide his true intentions and actions,making some factions suspect of Darkstar neutrality.

As many times in history,Darkstar secrecy has lead to conspiracy theories and actions against it,some claiming about ethics in research and some claiming that Darkstar is scheming to create a new galactic order.

General temperament***: Generally neutral to the other nations,it will not hesitate to step up in cases where people needs support against something. Encourages trading and technology research,always trying to improve the profit and the general quality of life. Almost no xenophoby as the trading is done with almost all factions in the galaxy.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 1:54 am

"I've been retardedly busy these past few days and have a nine page paper to write by Tuesday (no I can't just bullshit it, it has to be decent), so I won't really be available until then. Sorry. No one should be posting timelines yet unless it only effects them (pre-introduction). I'll get shit rolling again sometime after Tuesday, hopefully. If I don't find myself neck-deep in work, I'll get all the factions in one place and get a preliminary timeline done, update the map. Then we can start filling it in.

Please don't post timelines or things that include previous RPs, as we are completely redoing this, as I've said before. The absolute last thing I want to have on my plate is wading through a bunch of stuff that (no offense) will probably be discarded anyway *cough cough*."
-God (aka catsonmeth)
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 1:58 am

I would caution you from obstinacy, cats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next