Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Futurecraft

Go down 
+9
Tell
Cheatmaster
ACH0225
Avenger_7
The Schmetterling
fr0stbyte124
Danice123
Ivan2006
Potato
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:14 pm

A while ago Fr0st said this.

Subject: Re: FutureCraft release+ Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm thinking more like mid to late spring.

He meant that was when a working test version will be released. I was wondering if this is still true.

~ Khmac

K Thanx Bai
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Khmac wrote:
A while ago Fr0st said this.

Subject: Re: FutureCraft release+ Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm thinking more like mid to late spring.

He meant that was when a working test version will be released. I was wondering if this is still true.

~ Khmac

K Thanx Bai

That depands on Copernicus´ bugs.
As far as I know, it still doesn´t work.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 pm

From what I've seen we are not any where close to any sort of release.
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 12:58 am

Dunno. I work on it when I get time, but I have not been getting time lately. And that's probably not going to change any time soon. Too many IRL projects.
On the plus side, some of the stuff I'm learning for those projects is transferable to Futurecraft. For instance, I can now write custom compression algorithms, and now I'm learning encryption techniques. The compression, particularly, will help with the new file format, and the encryption will help for validating the origin of data if we integrate P2P protocol down the road, which would greatly lessen the load on servers, or in some cases eliminate the need for them altogether.

That's the best I can say for now. Useful or not, IRL comes first, sadly.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:36 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Dunno. I work on it when I get time, but I have not been getting time lately. And that's probably not going to change any time soon. Too many IRL projects.
On the plus side, some of the stuff I'm learning for those projects is transferable to Futurecraft. For instance, I can now write custom compression algorithms, and now I'm learning encryption techniques. The compression, particularly, will help with the new file format, and the encryption will help for validating the origin of data if we integrate P2P protocol down the road, which would greatly lessen the load on servers, or in some cases eliminate the need for them altogether.

That's the best I can say for now. Useful or not, IRL comes first, sadly.

Yep. If only we had ten more with your skill, we might get somewhere...
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:22 am

You'd just have 10x more problems. It is our nature to overbook.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:07 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You'd just have 10x more problems. It is our nature to overbook.

I did say with your skill, not your problems.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:38 pm

If you want more coders why not ask reddit for help? You'd probably end up having to turn some people away.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:40 am

No. I don't think that much attention would help us. Plus we have plenty of talented people coming and going without knowing what to do because we are disorganized. Adding more to the mix won't change things.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:21 am

OK, so GET ORGANIZED. Not your problem fr0st, I know, but Mack and everyone need to get a single unified plan together of what NEEDS to be implemented before a proper release.

Off the top of my head, my list:

High Priority

Ship mobility (collision, space, movement, [Copernicus], treatment as a single entity, speed from module)

Cores and Modules (get them finalized so they can be implemented quickly)

Weaponry (lasers, railguns, accelerator, torpedoes/missiles)

Power Systems (Generator module, wiring, control systems)

Shields (strength from modules)

Inter-server Travel (Barely. moving inventories and entities, not hard if ships are treated as a single object but unfeasible if they are not)

Medium Priority

Shipyards (Keon had them to a decent point back in March, should be able to finish them quickly)

Building Materials (new blocks/resources to make survival feasible)

Fighters (point defense, unmanned auto attack. Hard, but necessary due to lack of numbers. Only target capital ships.)

Fleshing Out (generator, engine and shield types; more weapons, bombs)

Low Priority

Ground Forces (tanks, guns, etc.)

Fighters (manned)

Fleshing Out (more building materials, more fighters, bombers)

I suggest you get together a list like this so this mod can be finished within the next solar year, using this one as a starting point and re-prioritizing it slightly. I will admit I'm not very savvy to the development of the mod so this is only what things look like from where I stand.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:37 am

Okay, the problem is that Copernicus is required to make pretty much everything else run.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:01 am

You could get all the non Copernicus stuff, like guns and blocks, done now, then when Copernicus is done, you only need to make the codes play nice.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:43 am

ACH0225 wrote:
You could get all the non Copernicus stuff, like guns and blocks, done now, then when Copernicus is done, you only need to make the codes play
nice.

Look at my sig It perfectly explains what is done now in coperncus and at FC
Back to top Go down
Tell
Recruit
Recruit
Tell

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:32 am

I could help in a few weeks to get little stuff done
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
OK, so GET ORGANIZED. Not your problem fr0st, I know, but Mack and everyone need to get a single unified plan together of what NEEDS to be implemented before a proper release.

Off the top of my head, my list:

High Priority

Ship mobility (collision, space, movement, [Copernicus], treatment as a single entity, speed from module)

Cores and Modules (get them finalized so they can be implemented quickly)

Weaponry (lasers, railguns, accelerator, torpedoes/missiles)

Power Systems (Generator module, wiring, control systems)

Shields (strength from modules)

Inter-server Travel (Barely. moving inventories and entities, not hard if ships are treated as a single object but unfeasible if they are not)

Medium Priority

Shipyards (Keon had them to a decent point back in March, should be able to finish them quickly)

Building Materials (new blocks/resources to make survival feasible)

Fighters (point defense, unmanned auto attack. Hard, but necessary due to lack of numbers. Only target capital ships.)

Fleshing Out (generator, engine and shield types; more weapons, bombs)

Low Priority

Ground Forces (tanks, guns, etc.)

Fighters (manned)

Fleshing Out (more building materials, more fighters, bombers)

I suggest you get together a list like this so this mod can be finished within the next solar year, using this one as a starting point and re-prioritizing it slightly. I will admit I'm not very savvy to the development of the mod so this is only what things look like from where I stand.

I see fighters higher, as it would bring a lot of excitement to the mod. If we had the "Futurecraft Fighter Dogfight server" people would get interested. I wish we had torpedos and such, that would be good.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Guys I learned java and I am now better than frostbyte. Look at this:

Spoiler:

That is like 5 times what Copernicus's code is right. Okay that is all.
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:56 pm

hyperlite wrote:

Spoiler:

Java fail?
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:12 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
You could get all the non Copernicus stuff, like guns and blocks, done now, then when Copernicus is done, you only need to make the codes play nice.

Agreed. Once you figure out what needs to be done on the Java side, it [should] be much easier to implement it.

@keon - I put fighters where they are simply because other things are more important. I guess they could be medium priority, after all, it's been done before.

@khmac - wrong place, wrong time.
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

Agreed. Once you figure out what needs to be done on the Java side, it [should] be much easier to implement it.

@keon - I put fighters where they are simply because other things are more important. I guess they could be medium priority, after all, it's been done before.

@khmac - wrong place, wrong time.

Meh... >_>
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:02 pm

hyperlite wrote:

Spoiler:

You better use the "code" button, makes stuff look nicer. Also lets teach you how to do 1+1 and save it , and then check if the math rules in this universe work like ours Smile .

Spoiler:

So is it right ? I dont know Java Razz .
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:35 pm

Me neither. But hello world is the default thing on there. It is the first thing you learn to code in Java.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:00 pm

hyperlite wrote:

Spoiler:

Well shit.

Everyone, I have an announcement to make.
I am hereby stepping down as lead developer of Futurecraft. Hyperlite has shown me (and rightfully so) that my code-fu is weak, and that he is the right man for the job. Therefore, I am having Hyperlite take my place as lead developer effective immediately. Normally I would pass on what code I have, but I do not wish to offend him with my badness. I am sure you will all be in good hands. Now I am off to Tahiti. Goodbye.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:04 pm

I'm afraid I can't let you do that.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:14 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
hyperlite wrote:

Spoiler:

Well shit.

Everyone, I have an announcement to make.
I am hereby stepping down as lead developer of Futurecraft. Hyperlite has shown me (and rightfully so) that my code-fu is weak, and that he is the right man for the job. Therefore, I am having Hyperlite take my place as lead developer effective immediately. Normally I would pass on what code I have, but I do not wish to offend him with my badness. I am sure you will all be in good hands. Now I am off to Tahiti. Goodbye.

Ok well as head director of futurecraft look at my signature. Make a model of something like that for the tier two core. Also screw the whole engine thing we just need content that we can't do anything with. Also I want some cookies just like mother used to make asap.

Oh also I can get the 5 star insignia.

And I get one of those "fr0stbyte" sig quotes people have.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:49 am

It's funny. So many people have "Frostbyte" signatures, I'm the only one that has a "Mackeroth" signature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Futurecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft   Futurecraft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Futurecraft
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next