Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)

Go down 
+15
Lightspeed
Admiral Rekiin
Emperor_Revan
Luna
Saravanth
Ivan2006
MrTargareyan
Caramell
Hierarch Fenway
Delta
ACH0225
DeadlyMiddie
Joel
Commander Error
Iv121
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:25 pm

That all starts to get oddly complicated Wink .
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Desdenova wrote:
Mhrrr... I still don't see why we can't just leave the whole predefined lore aside and let it evolve naturally from players' deeds. If the galaxy has a niche for pirates, there will be some. If there is a niche for mercenaries, there'll be some. If there's a niche for galactic empires, there'll be some. It'd be so much more immersive than races and lore that would be barely graspable to anyone outside this forum. Just releasing a horde of people on a fresh, untouched galaxy only can result in the rise and fall of magnificent empires and cultures, maybe some anarchy before that but after a while it'd stabilise.

Or I misunderstood what this is about, I am talking about the actual mod here. If this is about that RP of yours, just ignore me 'cause I do neither know nor care much about it.
If it's really about the mod itself here, I beg you not to force those shackles on it.
>In RP forum
>Thinks is about the mod
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Yeah... I think what misled me was that thread about different races, I think I confused it somehow...
I fucked up, I know. Gonna correct it immediately.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 6:02 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
@Iv: the Combine usually has at least one civil war going on between the Nobles. Mercenary work and privateering are high on the list of career options. It's not a lawless congregation, though, conflict is how it maintains its stability.

Owls are already walking the line. No ponies. I say this definitively.

E: Also no AUs, they complicate things.
Cats, I can't help but note the tone of your text seems a bit irritable, but come on. You already waged a holy war on bipedal birds and ended up getting the related RP deaded, you relented, and suddenly people were willing to participate!

The same thing might inevitably be true of quadrapeds. They're not the most original of animals, but sapient equines are just as feasible as walking cats, really. If they ditch the whole AU thing and distance themselves from MLP as much as possible I don't see the issue you seem to have with it.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:58 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
@Iv: the Combine usually has at least one civil war going on between the Nobles. Mercenary work and privateering are high on the list of career options. It's not a lawless congregation, though, conflict is how it maintains its stability.

Owls are already walking the line. No ponies. I say this definitively.

E: Also no AUs, they complicate things.
Cats, I can't help but note the tone of your text seems a bit irritable, but come on. You already waged a holy war on bipedal birds and ended up getting the related RP deaded, you relented, and suddenly people were willing to participate!

The same thing might inevitably be true of quadrapeds. They're not the most original of animals, but sapient equines are just as feasible as walking cats, really. If they ditch the whole AU thing and distance themselves from MLP as much as possible I don't see the issue you seem to have with it.
NO PONIES. Nothing that even remotely resembles an equine. Why? Not because I have anything against MLP, but because horses are big, stupid herd animals that have no reason to gain intelligence beyond run from the thing that wants to eat you and eat grass when you're hungry. At least owls need a predatory intelligence, even though they would most likely eventually evolve a form to fit it, but I digress. I have nothing against quadrupeds as long as they have features that a sentient race should.

If you're talking about the Frontier RP it was only deadened because I stopped posting and moving the story along. Before that it was going smoothly.

If I sound irritable its because I have no time to argue about something I've already clearly defined. If enough people honestly think that equines should be a legitimate race in FC lore, then it can be.

On a different note, we have quite a few human factions, we might have to merge them into NeoRome or the UTA. I think two will be enough. The merged factions can be like districts or provinces under one of the two. They can still effectively be separate in the RP. We have two 'cat-like' races, and since I'm completely unbiased, I might have to do away with the Cavnin (j/k but Luna we need to simplify it somehow). We also have two bird species. Iv suggested that they be combined, possibly two races from the same world. I thnik that the same homeplanet thing would work, but keep them different factions with a history of a schism between the Owls and Tiens. Might add some more depth. I'm trying to lessen the number of factions to five or six.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:09 pm

In all honesty ACH has his fluff and I have mine - it'd be very difficult for them to intertwine. Most of his lore has to do with dimensional stuff, where the SNK is a stranded colony surviving on its own in a strange new galaxy; the Taln were a forlorn expeditionary force in the same boat before settling in. Sharing a homeplanet is therefore out of the question, unless ACH wants to drop the whole Ancients thing and be next-door neighbors to the Tiens back in the Phalanx system some 9000 years back before going our separate ways (He went to one galaxy and founded the Strigiforme, we went to Entima and founded Cerea). Could have some potential if we ever go srsly srs with secrets and all manner of plot twists.

In my own lore, though, the Falin are a cat-like race and the Hajji basically owls, I don't know if that's workable somehow seeing as that's in an entirely different galaxy.

Catians are weak explanation-wise, I don't think CvN would object to just merging so that you're one race in different factions.
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

Location : Aboard the Dov-Class Super Star Destroyer Glories Wake

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:58 pm

Flag:
FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Dovan_empire__923358

Faction name: Dovan Empire

Race*: Dovan(Dragon-like humans): telepathic(with Dovah and other Dovans), telekinetic, and able to breath fire, Dovah(dragons): Breath fire and fly

Government: Dictatorship (with some democracy)

History leading up to introduction**:
Dovan and Dovah life started on the planet Dov, a harsh world ranging from mountainous barren ice-lands to seas of lava, with few "
peaceful" areas. Over years, both races had there disputes with each other but relatively got along until a Dovan city was completely obliterated, appearing to be a dragon attack(it was on top of a dormant volcano, which was only discovered a thousand years later) leading to a 100 year war with the Dovans and Dovah. In the end, the Dovans one by a small margin (much of there civilization was destroyed) and the Dovah were driven to near extinction with little of there civilization destroyed. Over time both races became friends again, but the war had made a new civilization (consisting mostly of Dovah technology and architecture) which was named the Dovan Empire. After space travel was invented, it was swiftly weaponized and used to conquer and colonize many worlds (quite a few were already inhabited). Modern Dovans and Dovahs are not quite as hostile towards other species, but do treat them with much suspicion until they are proven to be worthy of trust (but stay away from a drunk Dovan, and never take a Dovan's or Dovah's food, EVER)

Date of introduction (relative to 0 AD): 2800 AD

History from introduction to current: DO NOT FILL UNTIL AFTER WE'VE DONE THE FIRST FEW STEPS.

General temperament***: hostile, Klingon-like, non-compassionate towards non Dovans and Dovahs, and slightly xenophobic

Map: probably towards the upper left, on the edge of the galaxy
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:06 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
In all honesty ACH has his fluff and I have mine - it'd be very difficult for them to intertwine. Most of his lore has to do with dimensional stuff, where the SNK is a stranded colony surviving on its own in a strange new galaxy; the Taln were a forlorn expeditionary force in the same boat before settling in. Sharing a homeplanet is therefore out of the question, unless ACH wants to drop the whole Ancients thing and be next-door neighbors to the Tiens back in the Phalanx system some 9000 years back before going our separate ways (He went to one galaxy and founded the Strigiforme, we went to Entima and founded Cerea). Could have some potential if we ever go srsly srs with secrets and all manner of plot twists.

In my own lore, though, the Falin are a cat-like race and the Hajji basically owls, I don't know if that's workable somehow seeing as that's in an entirely different galaxy.

Catians are weak explanation-wise, I don't think CvN would object to just merging so that you're one race in different factions.
Ach's backstory always confused and scared me, and he didn't put any of it in his history, so *cough cough*. It looks like you could edit your history a only a small amount to accomidate Ach. It would be easier and less complicated if both the Strigiforme and the Taln had been born in the Milky Way like everyone else...

Revan you cannot blatantly steal things from Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

Location : Aboard the Dov-Class Super Star Destroyer Glories Wake

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:40 pm

ok bye then
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Ok, sparknotes Strigiforme history time
*clears throat

The Strigiforme are a species with extradimensional origins. They created a trans-universe empire. This empire was composed of 1 planet, almost identical each time, in multiple dimensions. Tons of copies of the same planet. Then one day for reasons convenient to the story, all the dimensional portals(Yttrium portals) break. This means each world is on its own, sometimes with basic interplanetary abilities. They also usually have human slaves, who are native to a completely different dimension than the one we are in(or they could be native to both).

After the portals break, que le expansion and shit.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:57 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
What do you mean by weak? Do you mean my backstory or the literal race it self? Also I don't fully object, my only issue is that I don't quite like the design of the "Feles" as they have no tales.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:13 pm

oh no. revan. come back. please. oh well i tried.

ACH0225 wrote:
Ok, sparknotes Strigiforme history time
*clears throat

The Strigiforme are a species with extradimensional origins. They created a trans-universe empire. This empire was composed of 1 planet, almost identical each time, in multiple dimensions. Tons of copies of the same planet. Then one day for reasons convenient to the story, all the dimensional portals(Yttrium portals) break. This means each world is on its own, sometimes with basic interplanetary abilities. They also usually have human slaves, who are native to a completely different dimension than the one we are in(or they could be native to both).

After the portals break, que le expansion and shit.
See right here's our problem. Interdimensional Owl Nazis. I would really like to use Iv's idea. I still think it would be best if the two avian races were somehow related but unless one of you wants to drastically change your stories, I don't see how it could happen.

Luna wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:
What do you mean by weak? Do you mean my backstory or the literal race it self? Also I don't fully object, my only issue is that I don't quite like the design of the "Feles" as they have no tales.
The Feles have a very rich history of folk stories passed from generation from generation. Like the Black Priestess, Tale of the Fuchsia Waters, and the children's favorite, Karenthanesh- the story of a brave matriarch and hunter that learned to respect her prey through a series of trials delivered by the gods.

Last edited by MercurySteam on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:13 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:

Ach's backstory always confused and scared me, and he didn't put any of it in his history, so *cough cough*. It looks like you could edit your history a only a small amount to accomidate Ach. It would be easier and less complicated if both the Strigiforme and the Taln had been born in the Milky Way like everyone else...

By 'everyone else' you mean Iv. It seems silly to confine everyone to one galaxy to accommodate one person, but whatever. All I can say is that Cerea in its heyday was basically Rome in space (but not Neorohm, we didn't nuke ourselves on a daily basis), and given it was in a perpetual war with three other factions of the same size, the task of making it so that no one in our little circle has discovered the conflict or its participants seems much more tenable if if it's in another galaxy.

So here's my proposal -

Phalanx System in Milky Way - birthplace of Tiens and Strigiforme (known by Tiens as Hajji) long time ago. First space flight and interstellar colonization in 200 BC.

Humans (not from Earth) appear in 30 BC, chase both out. Strigiforme escape through experimental dimensional technology whereas Tiens evacuate on colony ships. The owls fragment mid-journey, with some electing to go to the Entima Cluster (in Milky Way), and others electing to go beyond and set themselves up a multidimensional empire. Tiens soon arrive at Entima in 50 AD and subjugate existing races, including the resident Strigiforme, over the course of a few decades. 80 AD marks the founding of the Cerean Empire. In 110 AD colony ships of the Feles Noble Clan (*insert name here*) arrive on the far outskirts of Entima, unbeknownst to Cerea who is still undergoing growth pangs. It is, however, cut off from the Clan - it was an ill-planned endeavor - and is unable to re-establish contact. In 530 AD a courier of the rapidly growing Feles colony stumbles upon a Cerean world while attempting to find a route back to the Bata Veil, but is not discovered in turn. The colony, known as the Falin to the Tiens, thus sees them as a lower species incapable of communication and pragmatically sends out ships to round up a few for the purposes of feeding their expanding population.

From 535 to 640 AD the Argor Wars are fought in which the Tiens and resident Hajji (Strigiforme), Conhaas, and Sparak attempt to push back the colonial forces, to little success. Finally, an exploration team of the Noble Clan that commissioned the colony rediscovers this asset, and attempts to marshal the 'Falin' military into integrating within their militia for the purposes of defeating their rivals in the Veil. However, the colony refuses prematurely, and later splits into feuding factions on as to what to do with the newfound information. Unable to spare the military power to convince it otherwise, the Noble Clan of (*insert name here*) abandons the endeavor and all personnel involved in the contact mission are later killed in a Karth attack.

630 AD marks the end of Falin aggression while the Feles within it war with themselves. Also, Strigiforme multidimensional empire begins decline in this time period, withdrawing resources from the Sol System as their Yttrium portals begin to fail. Cerea begins reconstruction until 700 AD, when the humans from earlier attack once more. From here on peace initiatives are started but fail, culminating in the Guardian Wars lasting from 706 AD to 1600 AD. Towards the end of the war Cerea fractures in two, Taln leaves and settles in another portion of the galaxy.

1860 AD - Taln makes first contact with NSCD.

2000 AD - Taln makes first contact with Batiss Combine

2100 AD - Taln makes first contact with Strigiforme Nationalized Kingdom (records lost of previous Owl encounters)

2200 AD - Human colonization begins.

2280 AD - Strigiforme attack on Earth.

2280 AD onward - ???
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:26 pm

That's really Tien-centric. I also refuse, on the grounds that;

A: You're just trying to make 2 convenient 'poles' for galactic forces, like Earth v Tiens+Strigiforme with cat things on the side.

B: I don't want to have been part of someone else's empire, and I doubt Tiel would like to have been part of mine.

C: Based on Tiel's write up, Strigiforme would be right next to Tiens. That's not good, seeing as I chose my location to be deliberately away from everyone else.

D: Ruins all my prior backstory, which wouldn't be so bad if it would confuse me and make me have to do some new backstory which would be constantly confused with the old one.

E: No

D: There'd also be tons of other problems with the races being even distantly related, like language, the fact that I know very little about any of Tiels lore, the fact that I are very little about cat lore, and the fact that I say no.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:38 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
That's really Tien-centric. I also refuse, on the grounds that;
If it does seem Tien-centric it's because I'm writing it from my perspective.

ACH0225 wrote:
A: You're just trying to make 2 convenient 'poles' for galactic forces, like Earth v Tiens+Strigiforme with cat things on the side.
Not really. Guardian Wars are something different entirely - Cerea vs colonial Feles in an isolated corner of the galaxy. If you don't want to have a splinter Strigiforme group mixed in, that's your choice. All it means is the Hajji aren't Strigiforme and just happen to be space owls just the same.

ACH0225 wrote:
B: I don't want to have been part of someone else's empire, and I doubt Tiel would like to have been part of mine.
Hajji =/= Strigiforme Empire. I distinctly remember saying in the writeup that some went to settle in Entima, the rest went to another location to make multidimensional empire. The former are what become part of Cerea.

ACH0225 wrote:
C: Based on Tiel's write up, Strigiforme would be right next to Tiens. That's not good, seeing as I chose my location to be deliberately away from everyone else.
Based on what I've responded to thus far, you're saying this because you misread. Answer to B resolves this.

ACH0225 wrote:
D: Ruins all my prior backstory, which wouldn't be so bad if it would confuse me and make me have to do some new backstory which would be constantly confused with the old one.
Frankly, your backstory is a mindfuck in and of itself already, but I'm not seeing how originally sharing a solar system with the Tiens before moving on to another part of the galaxy and founding the SA ruins anything you've said. You say they colonized multiple dimensions before the portals broke and stranded what was to become the SNK. That's basically your entire story right there.

ACH0225 wrote:
E: No
Gee, what a useful addition to the discussion.

ACH0225 wrote:
D: There'd also be tons of other problems with the races being even distantly related, like language, the fact that I know very little about any of Tiels lore, the fact that I are very little about cat lore, and the fact that I say no.
My optimum position is on Entima & Phalanx being in another galaxy entirely, but if Iv's Earth pushing means we can't originate outside of the Milky Way this is really the only set of events I'm OK with.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:

By 'everyone else' you mean Iv. It seems silly to confine everyone to one galaxy to accommodate one person, but whatever. All I can say is that Cerea in its heyday was basically Rome in space (but not Neorohm, we didn't nuke ourselves on a daily basis), and given it was in a perpetual war with three other factions of the same size, the task of making it so that no one in our little circle has discovered the conflict or its participants seems much more tenable if if it's in another galaxy.
No I meant... everyone else as in all of the other factions in the galaxy. You and Ach are the odd ones out with your extragalactic nations.

Quote :

So here's my proposal -

Phalanx System in Milky Way - birthplace of Tiens and Strigiforme (known by Tiens as Hajji) long time ago. First space flight and interstellar colonization in 200 BC.
If Ach is okay with it, it works.

Quote :

Humans (not from Earth) appear in 30 BC, chase both out. Strigiforme escape through experimental dimensional technology whereas Tiens evacuate on colony ships. The owls fragment mid-journey, with some electing to go to the Entima Cluster (in Milky Way), and others electing to go beyond and set themselves up a multidimensional empire. Tiens soon arrive at Entima in 50 AD and subjugate existing races, including the resident Strigiforme, over the course of a few decades. 80 AD marks the founding of the Cerean Empire. In 110 AD colony ships of the Feles Noble Clan (*insert name here*) arrive on the far outskirts of Entima, unbeknownst to Cerea who is still undergoing growth pangs. It is, however, cut off from the Clan - it was an ill-planned endeavor - and is unable to re-establish contact. In 530 AD a courier of the rapidly growing Feles colony stumbles upon a Cerean world while attempting to find a route back to the Bata Veil, but is not discovered in turn. The colony, known as the Falin to the Tiens, thus sees them as a lower species incapable of communication and pragmatically sends out ships to round up a few for the purposes of feeding their expanding population.
I don't dig the ET humans. Maybe a war between the Owls and Tiens that renders Phalanx unlivable?
Quote :

From 535 to 640 AD the Argor Wars are fought in which the Tiens and resident Hajji (Strigiforme), Conhaas, and Sparak attempt to push back the colonial forces, to little success. Finally, an exploration team of the Noble Clan that commissioned the colony rediscovers this asset, and attempts to marshal the 'Falin' military into integrating within their militia for the purposes of defeating their rivals in the Veil. However, the colony refuses prematurely, and later splits into feuding factions on as to what to do with the newfound information. Unable to spare the military power to convince it otherwise, the Noble Clan of (*insert name here*) abandons the endeavor and all personnel involved in the contact mission are later killed in a Karth attack.
The Feles didn't break through their secluded area of space until the AD 1000s. If Cavnin is going to be a Feles clan that splintered off of the rest, it could have penetrated the Viel before the rest and spread out. One of the Cavnin's colonies could be the Falin. I can move the dates around though, make it work if CVN doesn't want to do that.

Quote :

630 AD marks the end of Falin aggression while the Feles within it war with themselves. Also, Strigiforme multidimensional empire begins decline in this time period, withdrawing resources from the Sol System as their Yttrium portals begin to fail. Cerea begins reconstruction until 700 AD, when the humans from earlier attack once more. From here on peace initiatives are started but fail, culminating in the Guardian Wars lasting from 706 AD to 1600 AD. Towards the end of the war Cerea fractures in two, Taln leaves and settles in another portion of the galaxy.
Still not digging the ET humans. Maybe use the Space Vampires or one of Proto's races.

Quote :
1860 AD - Taln makes first contact with NSCD.

2000 AD - Taln makes first contact with Batiss Combine
I can dig this.
Quote :
2100 AD - Taln makes first contact with Strigiforme Nationalized Kingdom (records lost of previous Owl encounters)
Maybe some records are preserved, folk tales and such?
Quote :
2200 AD - Human colonization begins.

2280 AD - Strigiforme attack on Earth.

2280 AD onward - ???
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Space vampires works for me. Will wait for Targareyan consent.

As for Falin...as long as there's some relation there it's all the same to me. I had them as some sort of Samurai culture in my head for the longest while and Feles fits the bill perfectly - why make a new race when one is already there?

Folk tales regarding the owls...I 'unno, this was an expedition force that was ethnically 'clean', persay, purely Tiens that had little to no contact with the Hajji (or splinter Strigiforme, wherever we go with that), and it would make it that much more of a twist to have them discover a common ancestry.

Last edited by Tiel+ on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:58 pm

Tiel, if you're confused about my backstory, just fucking ask. I'm not keeping that a secret. I also don't want Strigiforme as part of another empire, seeing as that ruins the whole 'asshole owls' thing I hae going; cooperating and immigrating freely with anyone means the same can be done with everyone.

As for messing with my prior backstory, it kills that Stigiforme have been around a while in an extra dimensional empire. With +200 year lifetimes, having it start at just before AD is kinda crappy. It also kills the interdimensional thing by making it both recent and replicable.

In standard Strigiforme, they can't make Yttrium portals; the whole interdimensional thing was ages ago and they never could make good ones anyways. This stops them from just going lol imout.jpg and ditching this universe when things get shitty. With your recommended timescale, they could easily remember how to make them. Also also your timescale is so quick. Wars take decades to resolve, and so does infra-galactic peace. These aren't cities you are building, but whole worlds.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:04 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Tiel, if you're confused about my backstory, just fucking ask. I'm not keeping that a secret. I also don't want Strigiforme as part of another empire, seeing as that ruins the whole 'asshole owls' thing I hae going; cooperating and immigrating freely with anyone means the same can be done with everyone.
For the last bloody time, they're not part of another empire. The Strigiforme in Entima were fucking conquered and assimilated, and have no relation with your SE outside of having the same race and coming from the same place.

I don't even know about the timescale. Tell me when the SE began and we can work off of that. The only reason I want to start so close to BCE is because Feles. I really don't want to have to create a whole new race for the purposes of an irrelevant war.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:16 pm

So maybe we go

Phalanx system - Strigiforme and Tiens get into shitfest, end up making entire region unlivable and go their separate ways. Tiens go in colony ships to Entima system, Strigiforme discover Yttrium portals. Some Strigiforme divert through another portal and end up in Entima. Tiens come, fight big war lasting long time. Strigiforme unable to get reinforcements from their brethren elsewhere in the galaxy.

Eventually Cerea founded later. Grow big, Strigiforme culture forgotten through the millenia as expansion. Grow complacent after never encountering Strigiforme again (who are too busy dicking around in other dimensions). Finally, Feles show up, devastate undefended worlds, eat much Tien meat. Etc, etc. We leave your decline and when it happens out of my lore.

Ok?

edit: response = no

we're working on it
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:41 am

From ACH:

Yttrium portals crash in 17,000 BC. Weary, the Strigiforme in our universe expand from their sole world with their surviving human slaves in tow. Humans soon revolt and flee off to the backwater planet of Earth after initial expansion, but lose all their gear in the process. Basically cavemen.

My extrapolation:

Anyway, Strigiforme can't find them due to no tech, and start sending colony ships further outward. In 2400 BC, one of them encounters the Tiens, an avian race established in the system of Phalanx. Unwilling to contend with the natives, the owls initiate a campaign of extermination lasting until 2200 BC, and the Tiens are forced to evacuate the system after giving a token resistance that renders the system uninhabitable. From there they go to the Entima cluster, discovering more owls along with the Sparak and Conhaas. After assimilating the latter two and annihilating the Strigiforme in the system by 1900 BC, they establish Cerea and begin to flourish. They grow complacent, with funds being drawn from the slowly decreasing navies to trading and domestic research, and are thus completely unprepared when a forlorn Cavnin colony calling themselves the 'Falin' strikes out at them in 630 AD. The Argor War lasts until 820 AD, when the Cavnin attempt to re-integrate the colony and are met with refusal by the dominant political group without popular support. Chaos ensues, with the Falin descending into a bloody civil war. Meanwhile, Cerea rebuilds for three centuries before coming into contact with, well, something in 1138 AD. I'm partial to Alterans, but knowing Mackeroth he probably couldn't bear to see his race doing anything other than killing everything with retinal laser beams.

SNK basically screws about (doesn't have portals) and twiddles its thumbs during this period to the best of my knowledge. They're pretty crappy spacemen and thus don't encounter anyone else. Anyway, you know the rest. Taln leaves in 1700 AD as before, starts up somewhere else in the galaxy, encounters people, etc.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:08 am

So am I allowed to keep me not-in-perpetual-warfare faction to give folks an alternative to, well, perpetual warfare?

@Mercury @Tiel @AnyoneElseInterested: The Commonwealth is a splinter from the UTN, so I want to hear no bitching about "more human factions".

@ACH: Given that Tiens and Owls are both avian, I don't get why you can't come from the same area of space. The owls just went their own way and ended up (more arsehole-osh (than the Tiens.))
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:46 am

Well for splinter factions you got NeoRome if you hate me THAT much Razz .
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:09 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
Space vampires works for me. Will wait for Targareyan consent.
You can use my space vamps if you want Smile Though they couldn't have anything to do with the actual SV government though, as they didn't know the milky way existed until they ended up there fleeing from Vancien. Maybe make them SV refugees?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:22 pm

Can I keep my equines now or not?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next